ADVERTISEMENT

Did you every wonder how great players end up at catholic schools in the middle of the year I DO

Listen burrs 5/ Huck why would you mention UD I did not mention any school names and why would you want me to email you so you can "shed some light on the situation" I think you know what happen and what went on and it also happened at other delco schools I don't know anything about UD but I do know about other schools in delco. So if you want to shed light on the situation do it on the board because the coaches know the number and know who it is and what school they are affiliated with. If I get the info and they want me to put it out there I will, but it sounds like you know what happen. I understand kids try to get there friends to go to school with them I totally get it but when an adult calls the kid and tries to convince him that's crap. If the kid what's to transfer on his own fine but I don't think it's right for an adult to make calls to the kid and try to convince him once again stay in your playground because these coaches have the proof and will take this to the PIAA, even we all know they don't care.......

I explained what I knew already. I also said that you could be referring to something else. I really don't know because your posts are vague with info.

Check this out. If the coaches have the number and feel like a violation has occurred then by all means go report it. There are avenues for this type of thing. Go utilize them!

I offered up my email in case you wanted to discuss things in a more private manner. No biggie either way.

I'll mention whatever I want t to mention. It's not a matter of national security. Maybe, if you mentioned more we could all understand a little better.

Commish, more thoughts....

I mentioned UD player because WC HC told me ONE player from there reached out to him. It stemmed from this kid camping (something you mentioned) with a current WC player. I thought the stories had enough parallels that maybe it was what you were talking about. If not, then say so. Tell us the Delco school. What's the big deal about that? Doesn't need to be top secret information. Really.

It sounded like you had the name and number handy. Extending my email was a way of confirming it if you'd like. After all, I didn't think you would want to put a phone number on a public message board.

Cmon man, let's crack the case. Let's find out who this masked man is. Ball is in your court.

Also, if a WC asst is stooping to these levels (which I already stated I don't approve of), then I'm sure the HC would like to know so he can ask him to stop.

Listen burrs 5/ Huck why would you mention UD I did not mention any school names and why would you want me to email you so you can "shed some light on the situation" I think you know what happen and what went on and it also happened at other delco schools I don't know anything about UD but I do know about other schools in delco. So if you want to shed light on the situation do it on the board because the coaches know the number and know who it is and what school they are affiliated with. If I get the info and they want me to put it out there I will, but it sounds like you know what happen. I understand kids try to get there friends to go to school with them I totally get it but when an adult calls the kid and tries to convince him that's crap. If the kid what's to transfer on his own fine but I don't think it's right for an adult to make calls to the kid and try to convince him once again stay in your playground because these coaches have the proof and will take this to the PIAA, even we all know they don't care.......

OMG. Parents pay taxes to maintain high schools. High schools are to be there for the kids...not the other way around. I mean really, where does allegiance to a high school align with God and country? Sure we have pride in our old HS or whatever district we live in. But that should be secondary to the what the kid and his parents want to do. A kid should be able to go to whatever school he wants...with the funding following him/her. I really could give an EFF as to whether public school A or private school B is good at football.

@SPEED&JUMP DR. has it 100% right. Every kid who transfers gets banged 4 games whether it's for athletic reasons or not. Then you have a consistent and unrelenting deterrent in place AND the kid doesn't lose an opportunity due to a bunch of supposed 'adults'. The current PIAA transfer policy is KLOWN KOLLEGE 101. If a school has the best coach why wouldn't a kid who's interested want to go there? Under the current policy the kid gets banged for a year? Real smart PIAA, real smart. Just what we all want, instead of a kid being engaged in a school sponsored activity (as in NJ), you get a kid unsupervised for a year wandering around aimlessly. You know what they say...'Idle hands'. I still can't believe actual, functioning adults in PA with IQs higher than a jellyfish actually came up with the system currently in place. There is quite literally not 1 good point about the PIAA transfer policy...if the student's well being is actually the goal. But that's not the goal, is it? The goal is to keep a bunch of vindictive leaders of public schools across PA happy by giving them a retaliatory tool to punish the kid (more likely his parent) after the fact. I have nothing against Line Mountain schools but I love when people mention that Zain Retherford's from Benton and it is purely for my disdain for this insane transfer policy. Public School A can be good next season but little Johnny Football might transfer to Private School B. Oh no! Oh no! Get under the desks! The USSR is going to drop "the bomb" on us. Head to your local fallout shelter! The end is nigh!!!

Seriously? Really?

Last edited:
Penalizing a kid for transferring schools is pure communism at work. People have the right to choose whatever school they want to
attend, some schools are free to them and others require fees such as tuition. We don't tell the kid he has to sit out of history class for four weeks when he transfer schools therefore shouldn't we shouldn't tell him he has to sit out of games. There are no binding contracts signed by kids and their schools that participate in these athletic contests therefore how can you penalize them. Schools do not own student-athletes. Coaches, alumni and over zealous parents and fans have to get over this.

Reactions: lilromeo
Penalizing a kid for transferring schools is pure communism at work. People have the right to choose whatever school they want to
attend, some schools are free to them and others require fees such as tuition. We don't tell the kid he has to sit out of history class for four weeks when he transfer schools therefore shouldn't we shouldn't tell him he has to sit out of games. There are no binding contracts signed by kids and their schools that participate in these athletic contests therefore how can you penalize them. Schools do not own student-athletes. Coaches, alumni and over zealous parents and fans have to get over this.

Nodding

Not really an incident. More of a common occurrence.

The short of it....

WC player tells HC that a kid from UD wants to transfer. The player gives UD player the HC's # and says he's going to call you. WC player just gave the # out. Kid calls. HC says if you're interested in transferring then you need to come up to school with your parent/s. It's a brief convo and that's the extent of it. UD player texts HC and says here's my mom's #. HC doesn't follow thru. He told kid that he needed to come to school and go thru proper channels. No other contact has been made.

As you can see this story is far different than the Commish's. Maybe, the commish is referring to something else. If so, WC HC has no clue what it is.

Are we clear now?
crystal

Huck, you are only hoping this issues is over with. You seem nervous to me.,,

Ha ha ha......That couldn't be further from the truth.

By all means bring it. Again, if true pick the phone up and report whomever needs to be reported. No sleep will be lost by me.

Simply put...One area we could work on is making sure players who can compete and play for a Pennsylvania state title actually live in Pennsylvania. And by live in PA I mean your legal guardian lives in PA. Let's start with that.

NPfan05
The PIAA is the governing body for the Pennsylvania State High School Championships. A school has to be member of the PIAA to participate in the PIAA State Championships. Where a student lives fails to be a requirement to attend a number of schools in Pennsylvania. Therefore, whether an individual is a resident of Pennsylvania by legal guardian or not has no bearing in the context. A true "State Title" is the culmination of winning the final tournament contest whereby opponents who are defeated are eliminated from contention. The reality is that Pennsylvania does not have a clear State Champion since they crown multiple State Champions based on Classifications of number of Students. This is the watered down effect of "everyone deserves a trophy". Somewhat similar to the real meaning of your post - if I can't beat them, let's change the rules so I can find a way to be called a State Champion!!!

Simply put...One area we could work on is making sure players who can compete and play for a Pennsylvania state title actually live in Pennsylvania. And by live in PA I mean your legal guardian lives in PA. Let's start with that.

Ugh, heeeeere we go.

Is this really any different then a family moves 10 miles away to play for another school or when a school with 1500 males plays in the same conf as a school with 1000 students.. And puts 50 on the board

If you want it to stop gather data and take it to the PIAA.. But. Remember if it stops for one it will stop for all...This poor horse has been beaten so bad I'm waiting for peta to join the board

Amen. not sure what it is about this board where guys get off so copiously beating the thing to death........in a manner of speaking.
No wonder the board is dying if not dead. It used to be a fun board....where we actually talked about teams like the Eastern 6A Favs thread. Oh well, to each his own!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT