ADVERTISEMENT

Catholic league?

NG struggled for a bit but 5, 33, and 10 might bring a state chip
Yea I heard from everyone who attended it was pretty tight going into the 4th. Hopefully there’s a rematch I can make it out to. I went to lasalle v Roman. I don’t think that rematch will be much different. Roman is closing the gap though.

Reactions: CYOBALL1
Was there as well and Agreed, I expect the same result next week with Lasalle and Roman, but Roman is getting there. Losing #5 from the WR or RB position having to play QB Is tough for them to come back from. But good to see Roman getting better. Especially after the last handful of seasons they’ve had.

NG wins everything until States where they will see Alaquippa.

Looking like Bonner vs Imhotep for the city. Not sure Bonner is quite there.

Was there as well and Agreed, I expect the same result next week with Lasalle and Roman, but Roman is getting there. Losing #5 from the WR or RB position having to play QB Is tough for them to come back from. But good to see Roman getting better. Especially after the last handful of seasons they’ve had.

NG wins everything until States where they will see Alaquippa.

Looking like Bonner vs Imhotep for the city. Not sure Bonner is quite there.
I think NG will get competition before the quips. Looking at pcl blue they’re just far more athletic than the field. They’ll see better comp in the states. You’ll have better overall teams, you’ll have to do better than one or 2 playmakers to win.

I think NG will get competition before the quips. Looking at pcl blue they’re just far more athletic than the field. They’ll see better comp in the states. You’ll have better overall teams, you’ll have to do better than one or 2 playmakers to win.
Did you guys see Cent Val pounded Quips. Plus D3 has good teams in Middletown and Wyomissing. North Schuylkill is good stuff in 11 as well so they could encounter quality way before Central Valley/Quips of 7.

Did you guys see Cent Val pounded Quips. Plus D3 has good teams in Middletown and Wyomissing. North Schuylkill is good stuff in 11 as well so they could encounter quality way before Central Valley/Quips of 7.
Yea I seen on the website that quips wasnt ranked high in D3.

North Schuylkill’s quarterback fractured two vertebrae in his neck and was airlifted to the hospital for emergency surgery last night to hopefully allow him to walk again. Scary situation and obviously and dramatically changes the North Schuylkill season.

Predictions this week in the PCL and public league playoffs
WC over Schuylkill Haven
BM v Mah. Area ???? No clue have any one seen them play?
PJP over Future
NG over LC in a close one
Carroll over Ohara
Tep over Rox
Bartram over Franklin
Mastery ov Gratz
King over Frankford
Lasalle ov Roman
Prep ov Judge
Central ov Olney
NE ov Lincoln

WC over Schuylkill Haven
BM v Mah. Area ???? No clue have any one seen them play?
PJP over Future 32-21
NG over LC in a close one 47-12
Carroll over Ohara 20-0
Tep over Rox 54-0
Bartram over Franklin 18-6
Mastery ov Gratz 14-8
King over Frankford 19-6
Lasalle ov Roman 37-12
Prep ov Judge 47-0
Central ov Olney (Olney wins 22-19)
NE ov Lincoln 45-8

Gotta give respect to the LC program. NG played 48 min. 34-19 final. Score was 14-13 going into the 4th. LC lack the skill guys to compete with some of the top programs. Talent was the difference. NG took advantage of that.

I’ll skip the next game and attend again when Middletown comes to town.

Yeah I was at the NG game also, it shouldn’t have been that close but NG has a way of shooting them selves in the foot, it will hurt them if they don’t correct themselves, penalties, crazy play calling etc, give LC credit but it shouldn’t have been that way, just my opinion

Yeah I was at the NG game also, it shouldn’t have been that close but NG has a way of shooting them selves in the foot, it will hurt them if they don’t correct themselves, penalties, crazy play calling etc, give LC credit but it shouldn’t have been that way, just my opinion
This is the second close game they had with LC. I thought the game shouldn’t been close but the way NG plays isn’t normal. Most of their mistakes all season is covered by talent. Eventually they’ll play an equally talented team and will need to be solid. Every ball they threw was horrible and against a better team is a turnover.

This is the second close game they had with LC. I thought the game shouldn’t been close but the way NG plays isn’t normal. Most of their mistakes all season is covered by talent. Eventually they’ll play an equally talented team and will need to be solid. Every ball they threw was horrible and against a better team is a turnover.

Every ball they threw?

I know in the past NG might have been guilty of relying on their talent to prevail but this years team is different and I thought they may have reverted back to that last night. I wasn't able to attend last weeks game but playing a tough, albeit not as talented team, in back to back weeks is always a tall order no matter what the level of competition. The winning team can get a little over confident and the losing team knows they have to pick up their play in order to win not to mention they're playing with a chip on their shoulder and out to prove a point. Bottom line is that when NG needed to step up their play that is exactly what they did especially on the defensive side. What I witnessed last night was a hard fought Catholic League game between two teams with a healthy respect for each other. I do agree that NG will need to step up their play if they have state title aspirations but that could be said about every team still fortunate to be alive at this point.

McDevitt should handle Mahanoy Area, who is a higher seed than Sch. Haven, but they were waxed by SH in the RS. Could (Should?) reach mercy rule proportions for BM.[/QU Final 42-14 McD

I know in the past NG might have been guilty of relying on their talent to prevail but this years team is different and I thought they may have reverted back to that last night. I wasn't able to attend last weeks game but playing a tough, albeit not as talented team, in back to back weeks is always a tall order no matter what the level of competition. The winning team can get a little over confident and the losing team knows they have to pick up their play in order to win not to mention they're playing with a chip on their shoulder and out to prove a point. Bottom line is that when NG needed to step up their play that is exactly what they did especially on the defensive side. What I witnessed last night was a hard fought Catholic League game between two teams with a healthy respect for each other. I do agree that NG will need to step up their play if they have state title aspirations but that could be said about every team still fortunate to be alive at this point.
Yeah, it looked that way, don’t get me wrong without the penalties , it may have been over quick, but 2x inside the 5, not to get in , is troubling with all that talent, it’s almost as if NG forces the ball , they are very transparent

Yeah, it looked that way, don’t get me wrong without the penalties , it may have been over quick, but 2x inside the 5, not to get in , is troubling with all that talent, it’s almost as if NG forces the ball , they are very transparent
In order for ng to make a deep run they’ll need to play a cleaner game. Currently they do a bunch of things that allows for mistakes and penalties. Trick plays that can catch the opposing team off guard usually results in penalties towards them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT