ADVERTISEMENT

Bucks All Stars

newman107

Dec 1, 2010
This game is scheduled for tonight at CB West @ 7:30. Last year's game was rather interesting, and, if I remember correctly, not too many of you knew it was even being played.

In the past the Courier used to have articles every day leading up to the game. I usually look at their on-line edition and there was ONE article all week and that way today. No wonder the word doesn't get out.

I heard the Montco game was cancelled for the second straight year, no sponsors.

I find it somewhat bizarre that the South team is being coached by the CRN staff, yet there isn't one kid on the roster from CRN. CRS only has one player in this game. Am I missing something?

In the past the Courier used to have articles every day leading up to the game. I usually look at their on-line edition and there was ONE article all week and that way today. No wonder the word doesn't get out.
The Intelligencer in Doylestown the place the game is being played had an article on a CR South player and that was this morning. This lack of coverage is just wrong,not even a roster to view. our little town newspapers need to step up for the players .

I believe its prom night for council rock as well as CR north's baseball team still being involved in playoffs. Thats what has cut the roster short

I believe its prom night for council rock as well as CR north's baseball team still being involved in playoffs. Thats what has cut the roster short

Thanks Moscow, that makes sense if the proms are tonight. Not sure how many baseball players would be affected. McIlwain has had a huge impact on this North run. He's the real deal. Granted being a junior he is not eligible for this all-star game, but no way he'll be playing next year.

Didn't sound very exciting, 21-0 North. I like the idea of next year having the game between Bucks and Montco.

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes....cle_f434b75b-2d82-5676-9cfe-675c731e5ead.html

By Drew Markol Staff writer

DOYLESTOWN — In most all-star games, when preparation time is at a minimum, the team with the better defense is going to prevail.

On Friday night, when the North played the South in the 40th Annual Bob Sands Memorial Bucks County Lions All-Star Football Classic at Central Bucks West, that was truly the case.

From start to finish, the North was able to contain the South, and it added up to a 21-0 victory.

"We were just trying to fly to the ball," said Pennridge linebacker Zack Hockman, who was named the North MVP.

"This is just an awesome way to go out in our last high school football game. We became a family in a short couple of practices, and the experience was just great."

Hockman, who is headed to West Chester University, credited his teammates for allowing him to come up with several crunching hits.

"A lot of the plays just opened up and I was able to make a tackle," Hockman said. "Everybody on both teams is really good, and you start off with these guys being your rivals and then you become good friends.

"It's just a great thing all around."

The North, which allowed just 176 yards offense, got all of the offense it would need late in the first quarter when Quakertown quarterback Alec Vera (who is headed to Ursinus) found Central Bucks West wide receiver Matt Kilkenny behind the defense for a 43-yard TD strike.

"Alec Vera is a really good quarterback," said Pennridge coach Jeff Hollenbach, who led the North.

"He can do a lot of things really well and just did a great job. All of the kids were just great, and it's so nice to see them all become friends so quickly."

The North quickly added to its lead after recovering the first of three South fumbles (the South fumbled five times total, losing three) as CB West's Luke Durkin bulled in from the 1-yard line with just 21 seconds gone in the second quarter.

Given a 14-0 cushion, and the fact the South was hampered by not having a true quarterback on its roster, the North defense was able to constantly attack.

"We had two kids (in Pennsbury's Anthony Pitt and Bensalem's Devante Porter) who really worked hard," said South coach Adam Collachi, who is also the head coach at Council Rock North.

"Devante played a little bit at quarterback in certain packages, and Anthony told me he hadn't played quarterback since middle school. But I was proud of them for the fact that they stepped up and did it for the team."

The only scoring in the second half came early in the fourth quarter, when Pennridge's Joe Unangst, a 2,000-yard rusher last season, scampered in from 13 yards out with 9:32 remaining.

Notes: Bristol running back Dante Simmons (12 carries, 52 yards) was named the South MVP. He will play at Delaware Valley University in the fall. ... Neshaminy running back D'Andre Pollard, the 2013 PA Player of the Year, missed the game due to injury. He's headed to Villanova University in the fall. ... William Tennent quarterback Nik Banks, who is going to Albright University, injured his left knee in the second quarter and missed the rest of the game. ... Word on the sidelines was that next year, there will be a Bucks County vs. Montgomery County All-Star Game. The Montco all-star game has not been played for the past few seasons. ... Instead of the usual 12-minute quarters, the teams played 13-minute quarters.

I heard the Montco game was cancelled for the second straight year, no sponsors.
That game was cancelled forever last year for a myriad of reasons. Not just lack of sponsorship. When the PAC-10 teams pulled out to have their own All-Star game a couple of years ago, it was a matter of time.

That game was cancelled forever last year for a myriad of reasons. Not just lack of sponsorship. When the PAC-10 teams pulled out to have their own All-Star game a couple of years ago, it was a matter of time.
Just my old school opinion,and not meant to demean good players but I think there are far too many quote all star games today . It seems if you are a senior starter on a team you get an invite to play . Things are out of hand. wood playing in Phila., no game in Montco ! This is not my idea of an all star game . big 33 and east/west ok, but even they don't get all the best players anymore. Now the PIAA wants to water down the state playoffs with 6 classifications . years ago ,schools played other schools with 3 times their enrollment without any complaints. e.g. McDevitt vs cardinal Dougherty . Oh well, times change and I guess I have no choice but to change with them . I just don't like it.

Didn't sound very exciting, 21-0 North. I like the idea of next year having the game between Bucks and Montco.

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes....cle_f434b75b-2d82-5676-9cfe-675c731e5ead.html

By Drew Markol Staff writer

DOYLESTOWN — In most all-star games, when preparation time is at a minimum, the team with the better defense is going to prevail.

On Friday night, when the North played the South in the 40th Annual Bob Sands Memorial Bucks County Lions All-Star Football Classic at Central Bucks West, that was truly the case.

From start to finish, the North was able to contain the South, and it added up to a 21-0 victory.

"We were just trying to fly to the ball," said Pennridge linebacker Zack Hockman, who was named the North MVP.

"This is just an awesome way to go out in our last high school football game. We became a family in a short couple of practices, and the experience was just great."

Hockman, who is headed to West Chester University, credited his teammates for allowing him to come up with several crunching hits.

"A lot of the plays just opened up and I was able to make a tackle," Hockman said. "Everybody on both teams is really good, and you start off with these guys being your rivals and then you become good friends.

"It's just a great thing all around."

The North, which allowed just 176 yards offense, got all of the offense it would need late in the first quarter when Quakertown quarterback Alec Vera (who is headed to Ursinus) found Central Bucks West wide receiver Matt Kilkenny behind the defense for a 43-yard TD strike.

"Alec Vera is a really good quarterback," said Pennridge coach Jeff Hollenbach, who led the North.

"He can do a lot of things really well and just did a great job. All of the kids were just great, and it's so nice to see them all become friends so quickly."

The North quickly added to its lead after recovering the first of three South fumbles (the South fumbled five times total, losing three) as CB West's Luke Durkin bulled in from the 1-yard line with just 21 seconds gone in the second quarter.

Given a 14-0 cushion, and the fact the South was hampered by not having a true quarterback on its roster, the North defense was able to constantly attack.

"We had two kids (in Pennsbury's Anthony Pitt and Bensalem's Devante Porter) who really worked hard," said South coach Adam Collachi, who is also the head coach at Council Rock North.

"Devante played a little bit at quarterback in certain packages, and Anthony told me he hadn't played quarterback since middle school. But I was proud of them for the fact that they stepped up and did it for the team."

The only scoring in the second half came early in the fourth quarter, when Pennridge's Joe Unangst, a 2,000-yard rusher last season, scampered in from 13 yards out with 9:32 remaining.

Notes: Bristol running back Dante Simmons (12 carries, 52 yards) was named the South MVP. He will play at Delaware Valley University in the fall. ... Neshaminy running back D'Andre Pollard, the 2013 PA Player of the Year, missed the game due to injury. He's headed to Villanova University in the fall. ... William Tennent quarterback Nik Banks, who is going to Albright University, injured his left knee in the second quarter and missed the rest of the game. ... Word on the sidelines was that next year, there will be a Bucks County vs. Montgomery County All-Star Game. The Montco all-star game has not been played for the past few seasons. ... Instead of the usual 12-minute quarters, the teams played 13-minute quarters.
I was going to send you Markol's notes, but figured, rightly, that you had seen it. Bucks-Mont AS game could be interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT