ADVERTISEMENT

Blowout state chips

RCH13co18

Jun 10, 2015
Philadelphia,PA
According to max preps the score was 60-14. Is that correct? I know we hate blow outs and seeing the same teams in the state finals. Any thoughts on 4a

4A was weak this year

Aliquippa had a better team last year but people won't remember that because they got blown out by a great Mcdevitt team

According to max preps the score was 60-14. Is that correct? I know we hate blow outs and seeing the same teams in the state finals. Any thoughts on 4a
Disappointing. Come on Dallas! And wow, Fort Cherry brough nothing to the table vs Rollers. Real shocker there seeing how well they played all year. But there are a few teams around the state in most of the classifications that are in another zone; Quips, SJP, Southern Columbia etc.

Aliquippa and Steel High have extraordinary talent this year and last. Hard keeping up with that with the added weapon of a good passing quarterback. HS football teams (in PA) rarely (don't!) play good pass D.
McDevitt or Bonner might have played Quips tighter but in my view (that pisses off buds back home), they got away with a so-so Oline because of outstanding skill people that masked the issue.

4A was weak this year

Aliquippa had a better team last year but people won't remember that because they got blown out by a great Mcdevitt team
IMO this years Quip team was superior to last year. Their RBs were great and their line blocks well. Defense was fast as always. The score could have been much worse . BTW did anyone see that Dallas player punching the Quip player on the ground. he was thrown out , but I would have thrown him off the team right there. He embarrassed both his team and his coach.

Reactions: Stalker
The finals are a nightmare scenario for the underdogs staring into the face of
6A St. Joe's
5A Imhotep
4A Quips
3A Belle Vernon
2A Southern COlumbia
1A Steel High
................YIKES!

Reactions: Aragorn
bad start? Not sure what you mean, but it's a great start for Quips and Steel High!
From an entertainment perspective, I really don’t want mercy rule games. Give me some overtime games. Congratulations to the winners, but those games were trash

From an entertainment perspective, I really don’t want mercy rule games. Give me some overtime games. Congratulations to the winners, but those games were trash
I agree they are hard to watch ,except i was very impressed with Quips talent. T. Hayes was spectacular !!!!

IMO this years Quip team was superior to last year. Their RBs were great and their line blocks well. Defense was fast as always. The score could have been much worse . BTW did anyone see that Dallas player punching the Quip player on the ground. he was thrown out , but I would have thrown him off the team right there. He embarrassed both his team and his coach.
the running backs are no better than last year, the line last year was humongous, no coincidence they started over the players on this years line

I don’t think it’s looking to hot for PT as well, Imhotep looks way too fast for them.

yes they look outmatched
That TD drive by PT was pretty nice and a good answer but tep slammed the door shut again fairly quick. The biggest thing is tep has executed fairly well and have been disciplined with minimal penalties. Stark contrast to what seemed to be the disorganized chaos they had going on the past two state chips.

Reactions: MC1975
ugh, wow, Imhotep is REALLY talented- their DT, DE, and RB were young last year- but this year- studs- grown men this year!! wow

Reactions: lilromeo
ugh, wow, Imhotep is REALLY talented- their DT, DE, and RB were young last year- but this year- studs- grown men this year!! wow
do you think PR last year would beat this team?

they were bigger and more physical than Peters, which seems to be more of a undersized finesse team

do you think PR last year would beat this team?

they were bigger and more physical than Peters, which seems to be more of a undersized finesse team
phew- hard to say, as I say, tough and silly to do these "what-if" but, this being only one year apart- id say no, but closer

31- imhotep 2023
21-PR 2022

the running backs are no better than last year, the line last year was humongous, no coincidence they started over the players on this years line
Tikey is better this year. He's more explosive. And, he's running much more confident. I think he's really good but I think Kemon Spell has a higher upside, he just needs to touch the ball like TIkey does.

I didn't think last year's OL was "good" they were space eaters but they weren't very athletic. This year's OL is much more athletic. They weren't great early on in the season but by the end of the season they were better then last year's OL.

yeah sure the line will look better when they are playing Dallas instead of Bishop Mcdevit last year

tikey look like the same kid as a freshman to me, he's a poor man's Rushel Shell

Tikey is better this year. He's more explosive. And, he's running much more confident. I think he's really good but I think Kemon Spell has a higher upside, he just needs to touch the ball like TIkey does.

I didn't think last year's OL was "good" they were space eaters but they weren't very athletic. This year's OL is much more athletic. They weren't great early on in the season but by the end of the season they were better then last year's OL.
steel- i agree- Quips line last yr was good not great- just b/c a kid is 6'3 and 300? A kid who is 6'0 and 240 might be a much better player- too many people think big=good

tiger- im not sure if you are kidding- but "trash?" these are kids, and some of these coaches are volunteers, and some of the "boosters" are just normal volunteer moms, selling hoagies and pepperoni rolls, to pay for busses to "go to states." For every level, the "tournament" has a goal of finding the best team. Not "entertaining fans."

steel- i agree- Quips line last yr was good not great- just b/c a kid is 6'3 and 300? A kid who is 6'0 and 240 might be a much better player- too many people think big=good
nobody was saying this until Mcdevitt beat them, and nobody was praising this years line until they won the state

6'3 300 is an immovable object for 99% of high school teams

tiger- im not sure if you are kidding- but "trash?" these are kids, and some of these coaches are volunteers, and some of the "boosters" are just normal volunteer moms, selling hoagies and pepperoni rolls, to pay for busses to "go to states." For every level, the "tournament" has a goal of finding the best team. Not "entertaining fans.
Yeah I don’t care about those sob stories. I want to see an interesting game. The only thing discussion worthy about the 4A game was the cornball Dallas player wailing on a quip. Mercy rules are not fun, unless you’re a fan of the team delivering it. There has been only 1 entertaining game so far this state championship year

nobody was saying this until Mcdevitt beat them, and nobody was praising this years line until they won the state

6'3 300 is an immovable object for 99% of high school teams
Sometimes big slow fat kids in high school aren't better line men. The footwork is sloppy and they get tired. This year's quips is better. Id take their skilled guys over everyone in the state.

Sometimes big slow fat kids in high school aren't better line men. The footwork is sloppy and they get tired. This year's quips is better. Id take their skilled guys over everyone in the state.
so what didn't these kids start over their lineman last year?

do you think Dallas was comparable to Bishop Mcdevit last year? where would Dallas finish in the wpial?

I’m not sure what Imhotep returns, but I’m sure they will have plenty of talent. Next year the presumed 6A D12 title between them and SJP will be fun.

I’m not sure what Imhotep returns, but I’m sure they will have plenty of talent. Next year the presumed 6A D12 title between them and SJP will be fun.
? is imhotep moving up tp 6A? Does that make Roman the best team from D12?

SMH this tells me that they push these thoughts in the WPIAL.
this is just some dude building up his twitter, sort of a "self-made" media guy. He does not "speak for WPIAL." Most people dont pay attention to him, just look at his twitter for fun

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT