After week Zero, horrifying start for the 6A squads

1. North Allegheny- solid win
2. Norwin- solid win
3. Central Catholic- got smashed
4. Canon-Mac- got wrecked
5. Mt. Lebanon- got dominated
6. Seneca Valley- got destroyed
7. Hempfield- got obliterated
didn't NA beat the "B team" from St. Frances?

And Norwin beat a 5A team

Central Catholic lost to a national top 10 team, i believe in the caliber of IMG?

2020 - Yes.

NA played a completely different St Francis I believe. From NJ.

It’s gonna be NA and PCC again. Rest don’t matter.

2020 - Yes.

No, the team NA beat came from St. Frances Academy in Baltimore. It's just that PCC played the SFA "national" team while NA played the "regional" team--much the same as the different teams fielded by IMG.

2020 - Yes.

I thought the PR guys would be posting after their solid win over them Ohio boys .

I thought the PR guys would be posting after their solid win over them Ohio boys .
haha no, the "win for PR" was hardly a "big story." There was a nice Brewery for pregame- facilities were decent but the opponent was not all that impressive

No, the team NA beat came from St. Frances Academy in Baltimore. It's just that PCC played the SFA "national" team while NA played the "regional" team--much the same as the different teams fielded by IMG.
Really? So there is no St Francis in NJ??

After week 1; it’s simply just an awful conference. PIAA needs to figure this garbage out. Is this Norwins year?

1. North Allegheny 2-0
2. Norwin 2-0
3. Central Catholic 0-2
4. Canon-Mac 0-2
5. Seneca Valley 0-2
6. Mt. Lebanon 0-2
7. Hempfield 0-2

Out of curiosity, what do they need to figure out? How to get more enrollment at the good 5A schools so they move up?

Out of curiosity, what do they need to figure out? How to get more enrollment at the good 5A schools so they move up?
Go back to the superior 4 classifications. Enough of this watered down, repetitive, boring set up we have now. Wpial 6A is just depressing to look at

Central stinks. NA is gonna win again. PCC fans gotta be VERY disappointed.

Central stinks. NA is gonna win again. PCC fans gotta be VERY disappointed.
they need a new coach, Lehmeier stinks

he rode PR's coattails combined with being Mike White's North Hills buddy hyping him up as the best high school offensive coordinator ever, they could've had Bob friggin Palko

they need a new coach, Lehmeier stinks

he rode PR's coattails combined with being Mike White's North Hills buddy hyping him up as the best high school offensive coordinator ever, they could've had Bob friggin Palko
It’s hard to disagree with that.

After week 1; it’s simply just an awful conference. PIAA needs to figure this garbage out. Is this Norwins year?

1. North Allegheny 2-0
2. Norwin 2-0
3. Central Catholic 0-2
4. Canon-Mac 0-2
5. Seneca Valley 0-2
6. Mt. Lebanon 0-2
7. Hempfield 0-2
tiger- this "conference" has been weak for years. This is not new. It is not the "PIAA" that needs to "figure this out." The programs need to do better. A whole bunch of ways.

In the last 2-3 years (after Lebos year), I think only NA and PCC would have any success against other "good big schools" state-wide.

Possibly "our league" could address this, but i would not guess that other schools would be receptive. There are many many big schools in the east- cannot drastically adjust rules, for smaller populations in western PA.

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
After 3 games

1. North Allegheny 3-0 - close win at Penn Hills
2. Central Catholic 1-2 - blow out Woody high
3. Norwin 2-1 - lose against Montour
4. Canon Mac 0-3 - close loss against south Fayette
5. Mt lebanon 0-3 - loss against Peters
6. Seneca valley 0-2- game cancelled
7. Hempfield 1-2

Tiger: Did I see correctly that NA was tied with Hempfield 14-14 at the half? How does that happen?

Central is starting to look like a powerhouse again, Pine Richland seems to be their kryptonite every year
How so? Their best win was last year regular season vs. NA. That's about it. (St. I's last year stunk)

Having said that, it would seem that they are the odds on favorites to win the WPIAL - if Tiger think NA isn't good, they must not be!!!

How so? Their best win was last year regular season vs. NA. That's about it. (St. I's last year stunk)

Having said that, it would seem that they are the odds on favorites to win the WPIAL - if Tiger think NA isn't good, they must not be!!!
they blew out Woodland Hills, I would pick them to beat any team but they are capable of losing to any of the other good teams

Reactions: new2pa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT