ADVERTISEMENT

Wood vs SJP

2loudNclear

Jan 27, 2014
Head to head PREP by 2TDS

Mid-week slow down. Thought I would heat it up a little!!!

This post was edited on 12/10 4:58 PM by 2loudNclear

Agreed!! Maybe more!! Prep is good and looks to be good for a long time. To that point, I think there might be a change over at Wyndmoor. Gordon's got a pretty good sized ego. I don't think he's gonna like playing second fiddle to Prep and Infante. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he retires. How's that for heatin' things up!!

Much would depend on injuries. SJP probably would have matched up much better against Parkland with Reid and Johnson. I realize every team has injuries to key players--Parkland did--but SJP's biggest weakness, pass defense, was matched against Parkland's biggest strength.

Paul, you raise an interesting point. Don't know whether a change is needed or not. If Schmidt goes, he won't be missed by me. Didn't see the sense of urgency from our guys in the Prep games that I sensed from the Prep side. Prep seemed to play confidently, while the boys played tentatively. That needs to change.

I never understood the appointment and questioned it from the start! I though the staff was one of the best before Schmidt entered the picture.

Schmidt asked several area head coaches for a job. Some had no openings and some did but felt he'd be overqualified or under utilized. La Salle had a need. Gordon filled it. As I stated before, I don't think Schmidt is a good fit.

Originally posted by LS9er:
Schmidt asked several area head coaches for a job. Some had no openings and some did but felt he'd be overqualified or under utilized. La Salle had a need. Gordon filled it. As I stated before, I don't think Schmidt is a good fit.
Who did he ask?

Who turned him down?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT