ADVERTISEMENT

Wood vs Malvern Prep

Was anyone at the game? Wood shutout......
The first quarter was a defensive battle, with each team trading 3 and outs. MP struck first in the 2nd quarter with Wood leaving the MP running back uncovered on a wheel route and he streaked down the sideline for a 75 yard score. Next possession right after the TD, Wood had 2 bad snaps which had them punting from inside the 10 and the punter shanked the punt giving Malvern really good field position around the 30. MP score from about 20 yards out on a RB wildcat keeper. 14-0 at the half.

Wood did a good job moving the ball for most of the day but got stalled out on drives. After MP went up 21-0 on a 45 yard PA TD, Wood went to the sophomore QB, he had some success and got them into the red zone a few times but got sacked on 4th down and threw a INT in the end zone.

I was shocked at the final, I didn’t think MP going in was 3 scores better. Malvern’s D line and LBs were very strong against Wood. Malvern’s defense has been stout all season, they kept high powered LaSalle to 10 points and a really good Wood team to 0 points. I would assume it will be MP and EA fighting it out for the Inter-Ac title.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT