ADVERTISEMENT

Wood starting backfield - sorry Owls

Burgundynewz

Sep 15, 2013
Jarrett McClenton would have gone to Bensalem
Alex Arcangeli would have gone to Bensalem

Notice I didn't say should just saying would

Bensalem needs to do a better job of finding a way to keep their kids in their schools

From a public school perspective, yes, Jarrett would have attended Bensalem.

More specifically, McClenton would have attended Conwell-Egan. Jarrett's brother, Jeff, was standout wr/db for CEC from '01-'04.

When Jarrett was finishing 8th grade his mother was fearful about CEC closing and opted for Wood instead.

Boy, was that ever the right decision. The rest is history as they say.

Bensalem is not a very good school; it's not the worst, but it is far from special. The more important point is that the football program is way down.

Originally posted by njfan47:
Bensalem is not a very good school; it's not the worst, but it is far from special. The more important point is that the football program is way down.
Whaaattt?! I don't know if you meant that the way it sounded.

Football isn't more important and shouldn't have anything to do with. If Wood's a better school maybe THAT is why Bensalem football is suffering.

ptomaselli, I was clearly (or maybe not!) referring to Bensalem from a high school football player's perspective.

Originally posted by njfan47:

ptomaselli, I was clearly (or maybe not!) referring to Bensalem from a high school football player's perspective.
I hear you. Makes sense. From a parent's perspective, if Wood's better academically and they're better at football and they're giving me an assist...what parent wouldn't?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT