ADVERTISEMENT

Wood Prep

Surprised no real commentary yet on this game?

Haven't seen them play but read Huck's analysis of the Paramus Catholic game. PC and Bergen are no joke, the tops in that league never are! He stated Prep's defense was that stout and lived in the Paramus backfield, all I needed to hear. Not surprising Wood, who is always outstanding at the line of scrimmage yet generally requires longer grinding methodical drives, had difficulty putting points on the board. Will be interested on the take of those who were present.

Not sure who could take them (SJP) down in 6A? LaSalle seems to have a nice team, plenty of experienced players and new QB seems to have "adequately" filled the hole left by their star's injury. Still they'll probably require lightning in a bottle ('15 game Ferguson/Rinella et al), yet would still be underdogs assuming both teams stay relatively healthy.
Not sure who will come out of D1?.... and don't sleep on this Pine-Richland team, plenty of offensive firepower, will they have the defense to hang in a mid-December game?

Reactions: lilromeo
YM -

I agree with your sentiment. I suspected the board would have a more robust reaction. I was not in the area but listened via the WSJP stream. Complacency can be a very dangerous thing, however, I believe the coaches have a great plan for each game. The defense bends but doesn't break, People's had almost 150 yards and if you read that number on stat sheet first, you'd think the game was closer. Every week is another challenge. We'll see what happens and I agree PR is real deal.

YM -

I agree with your sentiment. I suspected the board would have a more robust reaction. I was not in the area but listened via the WSJP stream. Complacency can be a very dangerous thing, however, I believe the coaches have a great plan for each game. The defense bends but doesn't break, People's had almost 150 yards and if you read that number on stat sheet first, you'd think the game was closer. Every week is another challenge. We'll see what happens and I agree PR is real deal.
Roxy,

I'm thinking the guys on WSJP could do a little more play by play or at least making sure the listener knows what the score is and how much time in left in the quarter, half, or game and a little less of everything else, but maybe that's my age showing.

I'm impressed that with Simmons and Cherry out the offense has done as well as it has in the last two games. I gather Simmons is likely out for the year, but I'd be very sorry if Cherry is--especially since he missed almost all of last year.

Roxy,

I'm thinking the guys on WSJP could do a little more play by play or at least making sure the listener knows what the score is and how much time in left in the quarter, half, or game and a little less of everything else, but maybe that's my age showing.

I'm impressed that with Simmons and Cherry out the offense has done as well as it has in the last two games. I gather Simmons is likely out for the year, but I'd be very sorry if Cherry is--especially since he missed almost all of last year.
Tulla - agreed ... they're growing into the role and it's evolving. I'm sure the feedback is appreciated. Some of the 'camaraderie' comments need to be avoided as well. Fortunately, it's a growing product and can mature. It helped provide color and commentary when some couldn't get there. Great for those that weren't there but room for improvement.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT