ADVERTISEMENT

Wood/Imhotep

socalfan33

Dec 6, 2012
Pretty much everyone saw it coming since before the season and now it's here. I haven't seen any posts yet but this should be a great game. Aaron Carter ran a Twitter poll with 58% predicting an Imhotep win (his preview article is here - http://dlvr.it/CqFr49). Curious to hear other thoughts/predictions.

Pretty much everyone saw it coming since before the season and now it's here. I haven't seen any posts yet but this should be a great game. Aaron Carter ran a Twitter poll with 58% predicting an Imhotep win (his preview article is here - http://dlvr.it/CqFr49). Curious to hear other thoughts/predictions.
Mike Waters is having a monster year and I recall he was the RB in last years game and gained about 150 yds. I am a bit surprised that Raynor has not been that much of an impact since his return from injury. Their o line is even bigger and more athletic than last year and DEs and LBs are quick to the ball . The fact that they have two very good coaching additions this year makes them better for sure. I think they score a lot of point Saturday. Woods championship experience and discipline can go just so far. IMO the main ingredient for a win Saturday will be Woods ability to provide Russo time to throw. If they do , this could be a great game with a ton of action.

Reactions: ed o'brien
IC has been blowing teams out, so Raynor/Waters have been sharing the workload early and then hitting the pine. I suspect Raynor gets more of the carries this year. He's more explosive. Waters is very good in finding the end zone, tho.,

Mike Waters is having a monster year and I recall he was the RB in last years game and gained about 150 yds. I am a bit surprised that Raynor has not been that much of an impact since his return from injury. Their o line is even bigger and more athletic than last year and DEs and LBs are quick to the ball . The fact that they have two very good coaching additions this year makes them better for sure. I think they score a lot of point Saturday. Woods championship experience and discipline can go just so far. IMO the main ingredient for a win Saturday will be Woods ability to provide Russo time to throw. If they do , this could be a great game with a ton of action.

He's doing a GREAT job on defense too. I agree with you. Imhotep will definitely be sending pressure .

I'm planning on going, anyone up for a pre-game gathering?
Where are you planning to be pre-game Relayer. If I can manage it I would like to meet you and any of the others here that are going. I just cant commit until game day due to personal concerns.

Where are you planning to be pre-game Relayer. If I can manage it I would like to meet you and any of the others here that are going. I just cant commit until game day due to personal concerns.

I know shfoot is in too. I would like to find a place to watch some of the college football. Two years ago before Neshaminy-Prep we did the Rawnhurst Cafe and it was quite the experience. Kitchen was closed and the taps didn't work. Each time we wanted a beer it was self serve out of the take out refrigerator. We brought in take out food from the pizza place around the corner. Like I said, quite the experience.

Would like to avoid a repeat of that. Will let you know. Any suggestions are welcome.

I know shfoot is in too. I would like to find a place to watch some of the college football. Two years ago before Neshaminy-Prep we did the Rawnhurst Cafe and it was quite the experience. Kitchen was closed and the taps didn't work. Each time we wanted a beer it was self serve out of the take out refrigerator. We brought in take out food from the pizza place around the corner. Like I said, quite the experience.

Would like to avoid a repeat of that. Will let you know. Any suggestions are welcome.
Try Nicks Roast Beef. A couple blocks up Cottman Ave from the school. Foods pretty good.

Thanks exr, Nick's looks perfect. Should get there by 2 for the OSU-Michigan 2nd half.

Should be a great game I think Imhotep gets over the hump today 35-21

Agree LGC, I think Imhotep just has too many outstanding athletes whereas AW has just a few. Of course, if Russo is as hot as he was against LS, they have a puncher's chance.

Tep has an outstanding team and adding the new coaches this year has obviously helped out. My question is simple- outside of the players they send off to play college ball- are their student athletes successful people? Even the kids who do go to college- do they pan out? I have read a lot about their test scores and their students not being able to pass state tests or anything else for that matter. The program is great but are they building men? which is what high school football really boils down to.

@Delcofootball
Tep has an outstanding team and adding the new coaches this year has obviously helped out. My question is simple- outside of the players they send off to play college ball- are their student athletes successful people? Even the kids who do go to college- do they pan out? I have read a lot about their test scores and their students not being able to pass state tests or anything else for that matter. The program is great but are they building men? which is what high school football really boils down to.

Curious, what have you read, what are your sources? Ever been to the school? Ever met some of the kids? See I have, I've worked with Coach Crosby on helping his kids with internships and working on college prep and SAT courses. So before you come on a message board and start this nonsense I would suggest you name your sources and stop trying to start crap and diminishing a program you obviously know nothing about.

So let me enlighten you to a couple of facts about the players on the team
  1. Every member of their team was academically eligible following report cards this fall.
  2. A quarter of the team made honor roll
  3. A player on the team is being recruited by Stanford University. Check their requirements for entering student athletes, you must have AP courses.
A couple facts about the students at the school
  1. Every student is required to apply to at least 20 colleges, universities or trade schools as part of their senior project.
  2. Every student is required to perform an outside internship as part of their senior project.
So based on the combination of these two sets of facts, I think the student athletes at this school are well prepared to enter the real world. And before you come back at me about standardized test scores, I want you to give me an example of how their scores compare to the other public schools in their area.

Why don't we stick to the games on the field and leave this nonsense alone. I get that you may be cringing at the thought of what your AP team is gonna face next week, but don't create bulletin board fodder with this trash.

Oh and one final thought, since 95% of the seniors in the past 4 years have been recruited to play in college, your question is moot anyway since you are wondering how the remaining 5% do.

From multiple news articles the past three years---- I won't even mention the strain it has on tax payers

Although Imhotep, which has 525 students in grades nine through 12, has been praised for sending a high percentage of its graduates to college, the school’s records show that in 2013, only 9 percent of Imhotep students scored proficient on the state’s Keystone exams in Algebra 1 and 5 percent in Biology 1. In literature, 37 percent were proficient.

Can you please share me success stories. Would love to hear them. I only brought it to your attention based upon the article I have read.
Test scores are awful-

http://m.schooldigger.com/go/PA/schools/0003800393/school.aspx

And I have nothing to do with AP. I'm sure you're milking the system for thousands of dollars like every other coach/ charter school member in the city of Philadelphia. Congrats- you threw out stats that I don't know if they're even true. So you prove it. Philly has many underperforming schools- is that who you want to be compared to? Give me success stories. I have not heard one yet.

And is comparing them to other local high schools really a good measuring stick? The charter system has far more luxuries than a public school- if the scores are similar it's a disgrace. Keep milking the system.

And I have nothing to do with AP. I'm sure you're milking the system for thousands of dollars like every other coach/ charter school member in the city of Philadelphia. Congrats- you threw out stats that I don't know if they're even true. So you prove it. Philly has many underperforming schools- is that who you want to be compared to? Give me success stories. I have not heard one yet.
Again an uneducated mind. Do you know that the coaches at the school with the exception of the head coach are unpaid volunteers? No, I'm sure by your misguided statement that you don't. Once again do research on your own before running your mouth.

Last edited:
The charter system as a whole is a drain- where are the success stories. Respond to my other statements. Making kids apply to colleges- nothing special. A kid being recruited by Stanford- doesn't mean anything about the school as a whole. And, once again- you didn't respond to how much you're milking the system for.

@Delco, I'm going to bow out of a discussion with you. Your assumptions speak volumes about your personal opinions about charters schools. Therefore I would be wasting my time discussing this further with you. If you want information I would suggest driving to 20th and Godfrey Street in Philadelphia and asking your questions yourself. I doubt you will do so, but let me know what you find if you have the heart to stop hiding behind your keyboard and mouse and go visit the kids that you try to disparage with your BS.

Not disparaging anyone. I'm asking. You can't prove my prior thoughts wrong so I'm led to believe they're true. Would love to hear success stories. If you set up an appt time and date I would love to visit and see what the school has. I'm an open minded individual. Want to see all kids do well.

It's not my job to educate you, as I said you are more than welcome to come to the school and ask you questions. Or do as I and others have done and come VOLUNTEER your time and talents at the school. But we both know that you won't it's easier for you to come on here and talk all the trash without ever coming to see what it is you talk about. Continue to be bitter about your lack of chances next week and your reliving of your former Delco glory days. Done with your continued BS.

Reactions: lilromeo
Continue to walk away. You won't see me at the game because I have zero ties to ap. yes I'm a delco guy and don't get me started on the fact that a school that has 95% of their football players playing in college, as you say, is playing at the aaa level. But like the academics there, You wouldn't want to challenge yourself. Good luck. If you don't win it this year you never will.

Continue to walk away. You won't see me at the game because I have zero ties to ap. yes I'm a delco guy and don't get me started on the fact that a school that has 95% of their football players playing in college, as you say, is playing at the aaa level. But like the academics there, You wouldn't want to challenge yourself. Good luck. If you don't win it this year you never will.

There was nothing inflammatory in your original question; the respondent has an obvious axe to grind. Anyone associated with a Philadelphia charter school MUST know the public perception of charter schools; namely, that they are a financial scam using taxpayer dollars. If you know this, you don't react as the respondent did.

My reading on charter schools in Philadelphia is that they deliver less results than the standard public school but at a cost 5 to 6 times greater on a per student basis. That is the real issue that educators have with charters; cost effectiveness and to date, they don't seem to have proven they are.

There was nothing inflammatory in your original question; the respondent has an obvious axe to grind. Anyone associated with a Philadelphia charter school MUST know the public perception of charter schools; namely, that they are a financial scam using taxpayer dollars. If you know this, you don't react as the respondent did.

My reading on charter schools in Philadelphia is that they deliver less results than the standard public school but at a cost 5 to 6 times greater on a per student basis. That is the real issue that educators have with charters; cost effectiveness and to date, they don't seem to have proven they are.
Amazing that we are here to talk about public vs charter schools and not about the games. I am not here to debate the politics of this issue, nor do I think most of the people who read this forum are. If any of you have any football related things to discuss this would be the place if you wish to debate the politics of the situation then I'm sure they would welcome it here: http://papreps.forums.rivals.com/forums/papreps-politics-and-everything-else-forum.8/

Why is this dumb stuff even being debated here??? Wasn't there a football game last night , a really good one at that !!!! It is great to see these kids get over the hump and have a shot at state ! On the other side I sure would like to see #13 come play at Temple instead of Rutgers which to me is burning to the ground right now.

Reactions: lilromeo and kitwor
High school football is more than just the game. And I'm sure coach Crosby and the staff do everything in their power to improve the lives of their student athletes. I asked a simple question and exr responded with what he thought was the correct answer but all it was was charter school fodder. I won't continue throwing out statistics. Good luck this weekend.

The charter system as a whole is a drain- where are the success stories. Respond to my other statements. Making kids apply to colleges- nothing special. A kid being recruited by Stanford- doesn't mean anything about the school as a whole. And, once again- you didn't respond to how much you're milking the system for.
Sounds like sour grapes over the loss. Wood loses so lets get on here and attack imoteps education. Move on

Reactions: Fletchster1
High school football is more than just the game. And I'm sure coach Crosby and the staff do everything in their power to improve the lives of their student athletes. I asked a simple question and exr responded with what he thought was the correct answer but all it was was charter school fodder. I won't continue throwing out statistics. Good luck this weekend.

If the school meets Middle States Accreditation, The student athlete meets the admittance standards of the college they are attending and the athlete meets the requirements of the NCAA Clearing House that is all that matters. Are the students & academics the same at AP as Conestoga?

OK, in other news- it was great to spend time with Relayer, Kitwor and 16th & Georgetown. It was fun hanging out with OBrien.

Great game.

Same here Shfoot. You and Relayer are good people. Wood made a couple mistakes against a great team and came out on the short end. Good luck to all the local teams still alive.

16th, great seeing you again. Glad we had a chance to hang out. Tough loss for you guys, but I know Wood will be back next year.

Sounds like sour grapes over the loss. Wood loses so lets get on here and attack imoteps education. Move on
House1978, I seriously doubt that a Delco guy has an ax to grind for Wood. I know that you are originally from Erie and might not know the geography and we all "know" that Wood recruits far and wide, but usually not in Delco.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT