ADVERTISEMENT

Wood - Bergen

BucksFB

Aug 30, 2016
Wood had a clear TD pass to Webb just before half that would have tied game at 13 at the half called out of bounds, very bad call. Settled for field goal 13-9 at half. Penalties again hurt Wood in first half and giving up 2 big plays on confusion in secondary. Wood moved the ball when balanced attack, Wood had the ball on the BC 20 down 20-16 with 6 minutes left in game. BC was getting a lot of pressure and was covering extremely well, they are a good team..Wood needs to clean up penalties, give up fewer big plays, protect the blitz better, and they should be very successful...

Webb Td was clear I was watching from that end zone. 2 feet clearly down. The score doesn't show the true game. Late scores from Bergen. 20-16 til the middle late 4th. Great atmosphere though. I have to get to more games there.

Wood had a clear TD pass to Webb just before half that would have tied game at 13 at the half called out of bounds, very bad call. Settled for field goal 13-9 at half. Penalties again hurt Wood in first half and giving up 2 big plays on confusion in secondary. Wood moved the ball when balanced attack, Wood had the ball on the BC 20 down 20-16 with 6 minutes left in game. BC was getting a lot of pressure and was covering extremely well, they are a good team..Wood needs to clean up penalties, give up fewer big plays, protect the blitz better, and they should be very successful...
Besides the Webb non td, I thought the holding call at BC one was just a bad call especially since up to that point the game was clean of penalties. That was a killer call against Wood and should not have been called. Call it sour grapes , but Wood got jobbed big time at critical points of the game. They are a very good team and I suspect they will make a run at the States in AAAAA. Bergan Catholic is for real and their fans put on a show . It was great school spirit by them.

Reactions: newman107
Definitely was a close game that coulda went Wood's way. Bergen was +4 at the 6 minute mark. They scored the rest of the points after that point.

Definitely was a close game that coulda went Wood's way. Bergen was +4 at the 6 minute mark. They scored the rest of the points after that point.
I completely agree. It was at the exact moment that a buddy said "Wood's going to win this game" that everything went to hell. Two long passes and some spotty QB play cost them the game.

The game was mostly competitive, but the sounder team on this night won. BC final TD was a 1-yard drive after AW was forced to go for it on 4th down from their 5-yard line with about 3 minutes left. Wood moved the ball well until they got to the 15-yard line. They didn't finish a few down there. I thought BC had a great defensive game plan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT