ADVERTISEMENT

Wk 3

district1elite

Nov 3, 2017
some interesting match ups... here’s the games I like:

CB West vs Quakertown - I think west bounces back and gives Qtown their 1st loss.

Pennridge vs Perk Valley - Statement game. I have Pennridge winning by 2-3 scores.

Garnet Valley vs Haverford - GV

Parkland vs Freedom - Both 2-0

CB South vs CR South - Will CB South finally score? This game interests me.

Penn Wood vs CR North - Penn Woods defense flies to the ball and their offense has skilled positions led by their dual threat QB. I like Penn Wood again 3-0.

West needs to be bounce back after that CRS lose and I agree - I think they will. Quakertown has won crucial games over East and Souderton, but I haven’t been overly impressed with them thus far. Regardless, I think this is a tight game.

I was hoping Pennridge was going to be more competitive last week at Neshaminy. PV does not have an easy schedule early. I like PV in another close one.

GV wins big. On another level than everyone else in Delco.

I like CBS by a significant margin over CRS. I know I’ve mentioned it a few times, CRS is simply not very good. CBS has too much talent for CRS to overcome.

Pennwood wins big over CRN. Again, the CR schools are lacking talent. Unfortunately, CRN is not a good football team.

Reactions: district1elite
Couple thoughts. This pretty big game for Perk Valley and their playoff hopes. 0-3 would not leave them a lot of room. If Penn Wood wins this week they could be in position for much higher seed then their normal last three spots in 6A. Garnet Valley-Haverford going to be interesting barometer. Garnet Valley has looked great and just dominated people.

On paper Haverford should be one of their sternest tests left. Haverford hasn't looked great in either of their two wins. The run defense was particularly a sore spot against what I suspect may not be a dominant Conestoga ground game. If that continues could be a harbinger of more of last years game where GV had 50 some runs and zero passes. In fairness to Haverford their best player has played less than 10 snaps after getting dinged in Chester game and it appears Chester may be considerably better than anticipated. If GV rolls here they likely aren't losing a league game.

Gang, Penn Wood dropped down to 5A this year (Chester is up to 6A), so they are looking at a very high seed if they keep winning (potentially four 6A wins will help their power number).

Word of advice to Penn Wood opponents - COVER NUMBER SEVEN!!! Kennedy Poles sunk Pennsbury almost single-handedly by out-running and out-jumping the Falcons to the tune of 7 catches for 287 yards (not a typo) and 2 TDs plus two 2-point conversions. Gameplan to stop Poles (if you can), and you might have a chance.

5A is pretty good this year especially with the Delco crew at the top-Penn Wood, Academy Park, Springfield, & Marple.

Add in Upper Dublin, who's always solid; Radnor, who upset Marple last week; Oxford, a tough out now out of Southern ChesCo; along with some other traditionally good teams, Unionville, Rustin, Interboro, Strath Haven.

Playoff time should be much more interesting in 5A than 6A where I would expect Coatesville to win District 1 going away.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT