ADVERTISEMENT

What's it like to be in Obama's shoes?

njfan47

Jan 8, 2009
You're winding down your eight years as president. You're sitting there on a Sunday watching football and thinking about your accomplishments. First comes obamacare; you start to think how good it has been, but then reality strikes and you realize that rates are going up substantially, families can't afford it, and that it's going to be dramatically changed by the new president.

Then you come to the rebuild America plan that you proposed early on in your first term. Then you realize that something went awry, that the infrastructure of the nation is in disrepair in many locales.

Then you stagger over to the economy, desperately looking for something. Once again, reality strikes and you realize that this has been the lowest-growth recovery of the post-war era and that the labor participation rate has consistently declined on your watch. Also, you realize that you left an almost unmanageable amount of debt for future administrations to deal with. And you know that many of the jobs that you "created" were part-time jobs made necessary by obamacare (you know, the 30-hour week is now considered fulltime).

Your mind wanders overseas and you are reassured that the Iran nuclear deal was a winner. After all, they haven't nuked anyone on your watch, as if that's the sole determinant of success. Long term, even the narcissist in chief knows that this is going to end badly, if not for the USA, then for many in the middle east.

Next, you naturally think of the inner cities, as that's your bread and butter; you are a community organizer, after all. Then you realize that you slept on the inner cities for eight years and the new president is at least giving lip service to the concept. You hope and pray that he does not succeed with his plans, because, if he does, you are going to look really bad.

So, just when you are feeling really depressed, you think really hard and you come up with.... yes, the Cuba deal. That is going to be what makes you a great president. That deal is going to lead to freedom and happiness for the Cuban people; in fact, it's working already. Just don't ask me how!

Then reality hits and you just can't wait to get out of the White House. The days can't go fast enough. And you hope people just forget about your record, but still label you a great president in spite of no long-term accomplishments. Has there ever been a more secure prediction than that outcome!?

After reading the njfan carta it appears to me that you might have lost all sense of reality and might want to move on, I mean Jesus Christ you wrote a damn essay paper on the outgoing president. Now Obama is not going to go down as the best presdient ever that is for sure but the Question is this what did he inherit??? War, recession, massive job loss, a stock market around 8000. I would venture to say that all of those things have changed. Now what has Trump inherited? No war, we are not in a recession, we are not losing jobs(Trump just saved about 500 for 7million $$) Stock market at 17,000-18,000. Now I am sure the Billionaires that will be in his cabinet have truly benefited from this. So NJ relax Obama is out, the rich now run our country I am sure all of us in the middle will be just fine. And a line from a song in the movie Frozen "Let it go, let it go" Merry Christmas I hope this helps

Last edited:
After reading the njfan carta it appears to me that you might have lost all sense of reality and might want to move on, I mean Jesus Christ you wrote a damn essay paper on the outgoing president. Now Obama is not going to go down as the best presdient ever that is for sure but the Question is this what did he inherit??? War, recession, massive job loss, a stock market around 8000. I would venture to say that all of those things have changed. Now what has Trump inherited? No war, we are not in a recession, we are not losing jobs(Trump just saved about 500 for 7million $$) Stock market at 17,000-18,000. Now I am sure the Billionaires that will be in his cabinet have truly benefited from this. So NJ relax Obama is out, the rich now run our country I am sure all of us in the middle will be just fine. And a line from a song in the movie Frozen "Let it go, let it go" Merry Christmas I hope this helps
Sammy, it was just a tweak to see if any dem was willing to step up and defend him. Safe to say that you tried, but well, the pass fell incomplete. At least it wasn't outright intercepted!

Happy times are here again, Sam, and the country is on the move. Trump has taken over the country already, and libs just can't handle it. Life is good!

447 word tweak Ok. Like I said we will see IF things get better great if not then a new president in 4 years

Last edited:
Interesting, Sammy, that you did not dispute any of the points that were originally made. And you really didn't count the amount of words, did you!!??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT