ADVERTISEMENT

What happened at Neumann-Goretti?

How so? Very young team last year and should be much better this season.

Just curious not only because of the record last year but according to maxpreps Byron Barnes is the head coach this year and they have N/A as the HC last year..

Well, I spoke with Albie this morning and I’m pretty sure he is still the HC. The name you mentioned handles their Hudl stuff, so it’s possible that he imputed stuff on Maxpreps and that’s why he’s listed. As of last night the roster for NG on maxpreps was very inaccurate.

Oh ok gotcha.. The only reason I even looked was I was checking on a Delaware kid QB prospect that transferred to Lansdale Catholic to see if he was on roster. Checked in on NG because I followed them a bit when the kid Leddie Brown from DE transferred there in 2017

Oh ok gotcha.. The only reason I even looked was I was checking on a Delaware kid QB prospect that transferred to Lansdale Catholic to see if he was on roster. Checked in on NG because I followed them a bit when the kid Leddie Brown from DE transferred there in 2017
Lansdale have the same exact qb from last yr, so he may be at nuemann.

He is definitely at Lansdale Catholic per people that know him in Delaware. He transferred from The Tatnall school in Wilmington. plus he is showing on their roster. He played 7v7 with Philly's Finest this summer. The whole transfer to that school seems odd though but he did. Maybe his folks moved to Lansdale who knows. He is from Smyrna, DE

Jeron Phillips Jr
https://twitter.com/qb_classof2021?lang=en

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/lansdale-catholic-crusaders-(lansdale,pa)/football/roster.htm

He is definitely at Lansdale Catholic per people that know him in Delaware. He transferred from The Tatnall school in Wilmington. plus he is showing on their roster. He played 7v7 with Philly's Finest this summer. The whole transfer to that school seems odd though but he did. Maybe his folks moved to Lansdale who knows. He is from Smyrna, DE

Jeron Phillips Jr
https://twitter.com/qb_classof2021?lang=en

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/lansdale-catholic-crusaders-(lansdale,pa)/football/roster.htm

wow he must of just got there this week.

LC’s QB from last year is listed as a RB on the roster I received yesterday.

And he would be ineligible for any playoffs this year. I wonder who's job it is the keep track of all this? Is it the school's responsibility ( self enforced) the district, the league or the PIAA.?

No one said he actually moved in. He could attend LC and still live in DE as LC has no geographical boundary. If his parents moved in due to a change in employment, that would be an exception to the new transfer rule .

He was from Smyrna, DE. That would be a 2 hr commute without traffic. Pretty sure he moved up that way. He has been up there all summer and played with Phillys Finest 7v7. Besides if he was going to commute up that way he would have picked a better program than that one. Only logical conclusion is he moved to that area.

I still think it was a odd choice of schools to go with. For that matter everyone was miffed when he went to Tatnall. When he was in 8th grade his local HS team Smyrna high just won their 3rd straight state championship and was graduating their QB so they needed a QB. Everyone thought he was next needless to say it was bit of a shock when he chose to go to Tatnall who has a sorry football team but a very good academic school also very expensive at 29k per year. So who knows what his parents are thinking? Then you throw in the demographics of LC and it makes it an interesting choice. IMO

Last edited:
Reactions: lilromeo
Odd school? Interesting.

I never said odd school from what I can tell its a typical Catholic High School. I said odd choice particularly for a player who spent the whole summer hitting up all the camps, combines and 7v7's. He is obviously wanting to get recruited. Just odd he would choose a school with a bad football program. He is also a very good basketball player but I have no idea what LC's hoops team is like

I never said odd school from what I can tell its a typical Catholic High School. I said odd choice particularly for a player who spent the whole summer hitting up all the camps, combines and 7v7's. He is obviously wanting to get recruited. Just odd he would choose a school with a bad football program. He is also a very good basketball player but I have no idea what LC's hoops team is like
If he's any good he could be the change they need to turn the program around. They had a basic offense last yr. Running the ball 90% of the time. The new group is from lasalle , so I'm sure they sold him something on the future.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
2021 QB LJ Phillips of Lansdale Catholic was 15/19 and threw for 339 yardsand 3 TDS in today's victory over Father Judge.

Ok I get it changes have been made. Hell if Neumann-Goretti can make moves why not LC

Reactions: lilromeo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT