ADVERTISEMENT

Western PA Privates

new2pa

Nov 9, 2014
PCC lost last week and hasn't won a wpial in 4 years. A decent but not great Peters team is up on ECP by 9 in 3rd. The whole public-private thing isn't so strong in the large classes out here.

Last edited:
Bonner and Scranton Prep both lost to public schools tonight and I gather from Stalker's report that McDevitt were lucky to beat a public school in District 3. Does anyone really think the whole public/private debate would have legs if it weren't for SJP? Maybe in basketball ...

I said it this offseason, but it wouldn’t have legs in football in my opinion (at least not to this extent). Presumably LaSalle would represent D12 in the east, and I could see the D11 or D1 rep beating them in any given year (not saying it would happen every year).

I watched the Peters/ECP game. ECP is nothing to worry about. Seems like the program has lost some legs since Minter retired. They weren't great in 2020 when I saw them last, but they didn't even look that good tonight.

PCC had their chance to compete statewide this year and that's over. They still have a couple nice big guys back, Gatton, Gompers, Faulkner, and Thomas. But no where near 14 D1 kids... And, it seems like NA is on the rise in 6A in the west.

I watched the Peters/ECP game. ECP is nothing to worry about. Seems like the program has lost some legs since Minter retired. They weren't great in 2020 when I saw them last, but they didn't even look that good tonight.

PCC had their chance to compete statewide this year and that's over. They still have a couple nice big guys back, Gatton, Gompers, Faulkner, and Thomas. But no where near 14 D1 kids... And, it seems like NA is on the rise in 6A in the west.
Ecp and PCC decently have rebuilding years. ECP seems to get an unbelievable team every decade. It's not a problem on the western side of the state. We don't have an Imhotep or sjp on this part of the state.

Reactions: new2pa
Yes, the boundary vs non-boundary issue would have legs without SJP. Without SJP, some other non-boundary would get all those kids. Sure, the level of administrative help in procuring a roster might not be at the SJP metric, but it wouldn’t have to be if they weren’t in the picture.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT