ADVERTISEMENT

"We're leaving behind a sovereign, stable, and self-reliant Iraq, with a representative government

njfan47

Jan 8, 2009
that was elected by its people. We are building a new partnership between our nations." Those words were uttered by obama on September 14, 2011.

Islamic State rose up in Syria and later invaded Iraq and now we have the migrants fleeing their countries and trying to get into Europe. Is there any doubt that there are severe repercussions when weak leaders like obama are in place?

How many times did we hear "mission accomplished" by Bush. That statement was stupid, no question, but this one by little barry obviously had much more severe consequences. Will the left-wing media ever wake up? Oh, they have an agenda? This was unquestionably one of the worst strategic moves in a long time.

What will be obama's legacy: 1) Leaving Iraq and Syria in a shambles; 2) the nuclear deal with Iran (remember Clinton's failed nuclear deal with North Korea, still haunting the landscape to this day, hardly mentioned in the media); or 3) obamacare. Either way, it isn't going to be pretty.

Two full weeks and you would think that at least one crazy liberal would dispute the above post. The fact that this didn't happen tells you all you need to know about obama and the growing consensus that he is an abject failure.

Or maybe no one cares. Should have never been there in the first place. GW

Agreed on that point, Sammy. But obama might not have won in 2008 had we not been there. Overall point being that he handled Iraq in a clumsy way, as he does with pretty much everything. ISIS being the "JV team" is another one that looks really bad right now. And with Putin walking all over obama this week, it's only getting worse. Romney warned obama about Russia in the debate and obama downplayed it with his usual pompous attitude. Now, we know that Romney was right and, as usual, obama's judgment was way off-base.

Agreed on that point, Sammy. But obama might not have won in 2008 had we not been there. Overall point being that he handled Iraq in a clumsy way, as he does with pretty much everything. ISIS being the "JV team" is another one that looks really bad right now. And with Putin walking all over obama this week, it's only getting worse. Romney warned obama about Russia in the debate and obama downplayed it with his usual pompous attitude. Now, we know that Romney was right and, as usual, obama's judgment was way off-base.

Obama won two elections, history will determine his greatness or failures not you on some football board. Hilary will win the next election, there isn't one candidate in the bunch of clowns the GOP is putting forward that has a shot. The demographics of the country are changing, the Democrats are going to own the presidency for the foreseeable future. The GOP still has a chance in congress where they can gerrrymander and cheat to win. Get over it, Obama won, this is a democracy, the people have spoken. Bush was a horrible president, no one is even comparing Bush to Obama because Obama has been so much better. Don't even try to incite and argument because I'm not engaging but you seem unable to grasp that Obama won the last two elections.

Obama won two elections, history will determine his greatness or failures not you on some football board. Hilary will win the next election, there isn't one candidate in the bunch of clowns the GOP is putting forward that has a shot. The demographics of the country are changing, the Democrats are going to own the presidency for the foreseeable future. The GOP still has a chance in congress where they can gerrrymander and cheat to win. Get over it, Obama won, this is a democracy, the people have spoken. Bush was a horrible president, no one is even comparing Bush to Obama because Obama has been so much better. Don't even try to incite and argument because I'm not engaging but you seem unable to grasp that Obama won the last two elections.
Gingy/Reluctant to Comment/Delco Football Guy, it is telling that you don't defend his record, other than to make general statements. The guy has been incompetent at managing so many things. Your claim about the clowns that the GOP is putting forward is really humorous. I do see how the other side can get some laughs out of some of the GOP candidates, but it's obvious that your mind is closed if you can't see the same with Hillary, O'Malley, and Biden (if he runs; the nude swimmer!). If Hillary isn't a flawed candidate, I don't know if there has ever been one.

Yes the demographics are changing, but again, it's interesting that that's your reason for the democrats being able to win. Regarding your last point, obama won, but how has it impacted you? Very little or not at all, I would suspect; unless you give me some good reasons. As for me, it's obvious that obama's an awful president, but when he won his second term, we decided to move to Florida (no state income tax here and obama had promised to raise the top brackets) and it's the best move we have ever made. Thank you President Incapable! Face it, gingy, you're still pissed off even though your "savior" won.

Gingy/Reluctant to Comment/Delco Football Guy, it is telling that you don't defend his record, other than to make general statements. The guy has been incompetent at managing so many things. Your claim about the clowns that the GOP is putting forward is really humorous. I do see how the other side can get some laughs out of some of the GOP candidates, but it's obvious that your mind is closed if you can't see the same with Hillary, O'Malley, and Biden (if he runs; the nude swimmer!). If Hillary isn't a flawed candidate, I don't know if there has ever been one.

Yes the demographics are changing, but again, it's interesting that that's your reason for the democrats being able to win. Regarding your last point, obama won, but how has it impacted you? Very little or not at all, I would suspect; unless you give me some good reasons. As for me, it's obvious that obama's an awful president, but when he won his second term, we decided to move to Florida (no state income tax here and obama had promised to raise the top brackets) and it's the best move we have ever made. Thank you President Incapable! Face it, gingy, you're still pissed off even though your "savior" won.

Ways his presidency has impacted me and my family:
1) My brother was able to get health insurance due to Obama Care.
2) My nephew could serve openly as a gay man in the army because of ending Don't ask Don't Tell
3) My good gay friends can now marry because Gay marriage is now legal.
Just to name a few, there are many more.... but I'm not fully engaging anymore, too busy.

2) My nephew could serve openly as a gay man in the army because of ending Don't ask Don't Tell
Just to name a few, there are many more.... but I'm not fully engaging anymore, too busy.
LOL. I think the question was the direct impact to you. I don't see anything mentioned in this regard. But you are just too busy, I understand! I always appreciate the humor, intentional or not. Maybe you can ask your brother about the premium increases with his obamacare policy. My brother's premiums doubled. And 2016 is not even here yet.

Delco, how about jobs, any news there. Frankly, I could care less about gays in the military or being able to marry. Not because I'm against it but because it has been shoved down everyone's throat for the last few years. I'm libertarian so don't bother me with social issues and I won't bother you. And the gay population measures not even 10 %. Now when you get to immigration, the Democratic party is courting them with an easy way to citizenship. I have no idea what that percentage is but my point is you add 10% here another 7% there, then the percentage of minorities who get hand outs from the gov"t and it all adds up to a platform of small special interest groups. Tell me about jobs, about how you're going to solve the ISIS problem (and please don't bring up BUSH, he hasn't been president for 7 years {and yes he was horrible}). And I'll take the list of presidential hopefuls that the GOP is putting out there. At least the GOP has a choice (not Trump, but what's wrong with Rubio or Kasich). Your choice is Hillary and.....and.....and oh that's right Bernie Sanders. But you're going to vote for Hillary. And she's done................................? "Uneducated voting population!"

PFP you are right the Republicans do have choices and many of them but you pretty much narrowed it down to two candidates and while I will agree with you that they might be the best it is just 2 real candidatesand that is as many as the Dems, or until the VP Biden jumps in. Now your comment on jobs. There are a ton of jobs out there that are not filled or open and the reason is they are skilled jobs, or trade jobs, jobs that take extra training. Now where do you get this training for such jobs and i am not talking 4 year university stuff either. You get them at the community college. Now every Republican has cut funding to those CC and higher ED. I mean there is a mass shortage of truck drivers, and they get paid better than teachers do. Now ISIS and I agree it is a mess but it is the same mess as the Taliban, and other radical groups and to be realistic that should be the middle east problem to fix, but being a math teacher to solve a math problem you have to isolate the variable I say we do the same to the middle east we isolate them, no one comes here from there and vice versa. There problem solved. AHHH to be an educated voter, if only the fine people of Wisconsin were as educated. But anyway how you been PFP well I hope

Last edited:
PFP you are right the Republicans do have choices and many of them but you pretty much narrowed it down to two candidates and while I will agree with you that they might be the best it is just 2 real candidatesand that is as many as the Dems, or until the VP Biden jumps in. Now your comment on jobs. There are a ton of jobs out there that are not filled or open and the reason is they are skilled jobs, or trade jobs, jobs that take extra training. Now where do you get this training for such jobs and i am not talking 4 year university stuff either. You get them at the community college. Now every Republican has cut funding to those CC and higher ED. I mean there is a mass shortage of truck drivers, and they get paid better than teachers do. Now ISIS and I agree it is a mess but it is the same mess as the Taliban, and other radical groups and to be realistic that should be the middle east problem to fix, but being a math teacher to solve a math problem you have to isolate the variable I say we do the same to the middle east we isolate them, no one comes here from there and vice versa. There problem solved. AHHH to be an educated voter, if only the fine people of Wisconsin were as educated. But anyway how you been PFP well I hope

Isolating individuals from free movement is against a strong Democratic plank. The ACLU will never let that happen. When pandering gets involved in politics, your vision gets blurred.

Everything is OK. Weather sucks. A lot of football games were cancelled this weekend! Bunch a wusses as Ed Rendell would say! You're getting nailed pretty hard too!?

Last edited:
Yea we are getting hammered games have been moved here too. Winston Salem might get 5 inches of rain this weekend Charlotte might get 11+

Sammy, the guys/women you vote for are all for open borders. You are voting for them and then stating an opinion that is directly opposed to what they are saying and doing.

I look at the candidates that are for what I am for the most. But untll a republican is pro public education and pro middle class I will vote for one party over another. Like I said Kasick is the least crazy of the Republican Party and I am willing to listen more to what he has to say and maybe Rubio but crazies like Huckabee, Santorium, Walker, Fioria Cruz ect no way, so it is all based on issues and the Reps do not line up as much. But I have said many times that we need another party to get rid of crazies on both sides

Last edited:
I look at the candidates that are for what I am for the most. But untll a republican is pro public education and pro middle class I will vote for one party over another. Like I said Kasick is the least crazy of the Republican Party and I am willing to listen more to what he has to say and maybe Rubio but crazies like Huckabee, Santorium, Walker, Fioria Cruz ect no way, so it is all based on issues and the Reps do not line up as much. But I have said many times that we need another party to get rid of crazies on both sides
Pro Middle Class? If you can define what idle class is, we can have that discussion. I'd say income of somewhere between $50,000 and $200,000 a year as a rough guideline. Or, even you go with $40,000 as a minimum, the incapable one has not helped the middle class at all in his first seven years a president due to artificially low interest rates allowing the investor class, not the middle class, to benefit as the stock market has had some very good years (artificial increases, mostly) while the job market has really not had the growth that was expected.

Interesting that you always use the term "crazies", apparently forgetting that your party has the off-balance Hillary (who used her own server without any sense of how it might be viewed), loose-with-the-lips Joe Biden (who reportedly swims nude while being protected by secret service), unhinged Bernard Sanders, and Martin "I taxed the rain" O'Malley. These are your prime candidates while the people you mention, such as Huckabee and Santorum (two cases where I would agree with you) are candidates with very low poll numbers. And then there is obama the incapable, who said this past Friday, and I quote directly, "there are HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of angry young men around the world. This from the guy who talked about the "57 states". Without a teleprompter, the guy is lost.

Such attitudes such as right to work states and cutting education are detrimental to middle class growth and that has been the Republican mantra so that is that. Now on the crazies read my last sentence of my last post . I have stated my feelings about sanders will never vote for that guy but Clinton is gaining steam and now that there is nothing with this emails scandal or non scandal she will be able to talk policies and I will listen just like I will listen to Kasich and Rubio

Such attitudes such as right to work states and cutting education are detrimental to middle class growth and that has been the Republican mantra so that is that. Now on the crazies read my last sentence of my last post . I have stated my feelings about sanders will never vote for that guy but Clinton is gaining steam and now that there is nothing with this emails scandal or non scandal she will be able to talk policies and I will listen just like I will listen to Kasich and Rubio
Right to work states are growing at a faster rate than your union-friendly states, so that point is moot. Regarding Sanders, I didn't say whether or not you were going to vote for him, just pointed out that crazies on the left. I noticed that you didn't dispute Biden and O'Malley. Hillary's scandals are still alive and kicking and are going to haunt her for some time. Sammy I doubt that you will vote for either Kasich or Rubio over Hillary or whomever the Dem nominee is. Ain't gonna happen!

Yep and right to work states means the right to make less so middle class crushed

Yep and right to work states means the right to make less so middle class crushed
Do you understand that the growth rate of those states is higher? This means that their economies are better, jobs are more plentiful, etc. In general, business opportunities are better. People don't have to be in a union environment to make good money, Sammy. Apparently, this concept is foreign to you. Companies tend to migrate to areas where the business climate is friendlier and this presents opportunity for all.

According to the wall street journal RTW states employees in the private sector make 9.8% less than union state while only creating 1% more jobs. In manufacturing the employees make 7.4% less. But you are right businesses will go where there is cheaper labor and costs are low say like China. And you are right making good money is a foreign concept I am a school teacher in a RTW state. So I get the attraction of RTW states for Republicans , workers make $5600 less a year so businesses keep more . RTW states also spend less on education about $2600 per pupil. The drop out rate adn teen birth rate and divorce rate is all higher in those stares as well.

Last edited:
According to the wall street journal RTW states employees in the private sector make 9.8% less than union state while only creating 1% more jobs. In manufacturing the employees make 7.4% less. But you are right businesses will go where there is cheaper labor and costs are low say like China. And you are right making good money is a foreign concept I am a school teacher in a RTW state. So I get the attraction of RTW states for Republicans , workers make $5600 less a year so businesses keep more . RTW states also spend less on education about $2600 per pupil. The drop out rate adn teen birth rate and divorce rate is all higher in those stares as well.
You are taking the overall averages, which are based on a business climate that has been in place for a long time. What you have to look at is that businesses are moving out of union states to the sun belt and western states and this has a longer-term effect of eliminating opportunities in the union states. Much of the good news in union states is based on established companies that have been there a long time and has very little to do with the involvement of unions. For example, a lot of New York's strength is due to the financial markets, something that has nothing to do with unions. Go further upstate where fracking is forbidden and you will see that people are leaving and there is very little left in terms of solid, growing business. Many towns along the NY/PA border wish that fracking would be allowed so that they could actually grow their economies, instead of letting them stagnate. Much of Massachusetts' strength is due to financial, medical, and technology industry strength and again has nothing to do with unions.

Fracking???? That industry is already laying off workers and it has nothing to do with Union or non union workers. And being from Greene county PA where fracking was suppose to save the region it has done nothing but leave the people there just as poor except for a select few and screw up the waterways and tables. NC did not have one person apply for a drilling permit in the state and we are a RTW state. Anyway i am going off of averages but if you look at the Southeast which are all RTW states they are by far still the poorest, most uneducated, highest drop out rate, teen pregnancies, incarcerated states in the Union, funny all are Republican as well you would think with all the god squad members it would not be that way. So if RTW states are so much better for the economy why are these things happening??? Tic tic tic tic tic tic tic tic

Last edited:
Fracking???? That industry is already laying off workers and it has nothing to do with Union or non union workers. And being from Greene county PA where fracking was suppose to save the region it has done nothing but leave the people there just as poor except for a select few and screw up the waterways and tables. NC did not have one person apply for a drilling permit in the state and we are a RTW state. Anyway i am going off of averages but if you look at the Southeast which are all RTW states they are by far still the poorest, most uneducated, highest drop out rate, teen pregnancies, incarcerated states in the Union, funny all are Republican as well you would think with all the god squad members it would not be that way. So if RTW states are so much better for the economy why are these things happening???
Fracking is only down temporarily. Once the price of oil increases longer-term, it will be a viable industry again. And, the industry has already been very efficient in lowering its costs to be better able to compete. You like to tie macro situations to the problems of teen pregnancies, incarceration, poor, etc. What you don't realize is that those issues are largely taking place in the minority communities; this is not racist, this is reality. And don't give me the politically incorrect BS; that era is over. We say what we think and what is true. States like Florida have a high level of murder, teen pregnancies, gun violence, etc. but that takes place in the minority communities, which are also very liberal, by the way, of Ft. Lauderdale, inner city Miami, Ft. Myers, Tampa, etc., not in areas like Naples, Sarasota, Palm Beach County, etc. where business growth is substantial. Sammy, there are two Americas and I don't think you realize this. Just like Pennsylvania/NJ have some very high-crime, dropout areas like Chester, Philly, Camden, Newark, etc.

GASP!!! How dare you. Two Americas hahaha no kidding I teach at a school that is 90% free or reduced lunch so please spare me and I coached wrestling at Camden High for a year when I was in the Coast Guard in Philly. Anyway I say again if RTW states are so much better why the disparities. RTW states are just like I said the right to work for less. It makes it to where you do not have to join a union check that it makes it to where you are not allowed to join a union. That;s right here in Dixie and Republican land you are not allowed to join a union if you are a state employee. Who said slavery is dead. Next I will be working for script and take my business to the company store. Wait this thread took a turn what were we talking about again

Last edited:
GASP!!! How dare you. Two Americas hahaha no kidding I teach at a school that is 90% free or reduced lunch so please spare me and I coached wrestling at Camden High for a year when I was in the Coast Guard in Philly. Anyway I say again if RTW states are so much better why the disparities. RTW states are just like I said the right to work for less. It makes it to where you do not have to join a union check that it makes it to where you are not allowed to join a union. That;s right here in Dixie and Republican land you are not allowed to join a union if you are a state employee. Who said slavery is dead. Next I will be working for script and take my business to the company store. Wait this thread took a turn what were we talking about again
Good rant Sammy, and I understand where you are coming from. The south is on the rise, but it takes time. Do you think anyone would want to put a business in Baltimore after this summer's riots? I would much rather start a business in Oxford, Mississippi or Athens, Georgia. Better access to higher quality workers and better business climate.

Cheap labor South, Skilled Labor North. depends on the business. And I was in Baltimore this summer it was a blast

Cheap labor South, Skilled Labor North. depends on the business. And I was in Baltimore this summer it was a blast
Sammy, going to the Inner Harbor and an Orioles game might not give you a real in-depth look at the city. I can tell you that I meet with companies all over the country and, while there is some truth to what you are saying, the gap is narrowing as the north has a lot of shaky areas and the south has a lot more good ones than you know. Oxford is upscale and it isn't cheap. Athens isn't too bad either. Generally, where it's conservative, it's a hard working, reasonably well educated group. And a lot of the people are more common sense smart than the so-called educated who are educated at colleges in the north. I'll take hard working and common sense anyday over some of these "educated" types.

Oxford Mississippi ??? Mississippi HAHAHAHAHA. I think God Guns Grits and Gravy the book by Huckabee sold a ton down there. And the south does have some good areas like in North Carolina we have Charlotte and Raleigh both with a ton of Yankees to help things along. But go to Fayettevill, or anywhere in the sandhills or Greensboro and it is like any trash place int he North. Check out the violent crimes rankings per state and old Dixie has the worst crime in the US as a region. Also look at educational rankings, Infant mortality rates, ect ect ect.

Here you go
top 10 states by Crime
SE
#10 Ark
#9 FL
#8 LA
#6 SC
#2 TN
Five out of the top 10 only 2 northern states made it Delaware and Maryland

Worst Healthcare by state Web MD.com

Bottom 11
TN, AL, GA, FL, WV, KY, Nev, LA, TX, OK, Miss

Worst public school in America by state

#50 Mississippi
#49 Alabama
#48 L'Anna
#44 Arkansas
#42 South Carolina
#41 Kentucky
#37 North Carolina
#32 Georgia
#29 Florida
#28 TN

All bottom half of the states 6 are bottom 10

States ranked by average income
# 50 Miss
#49 WV
#48 Ark
#47 KY
#46 Al
#45 TN
#44 LA
#43 NM
#42 SC

Unemployment rate

States ranked in the bottom 15 with a 5.7% rate or higher
TN, GA, NC, LA, SC, AL, Miss. Only 2 Northern states rank they are WV and NJ

So yea business want to go down south because they can pay cheap labor not have to pay for health care or education and all are RTW states , so you were saying

Last edited:
Oxford Mississippi ??? Mississippi HAHAHAHAHA. I think God Guns Grits and Gravy the book by Huckabee sold a ton down there. And the south does have some good areas like in North Carolina we have Charlotte and Raleigh both with a ton of Yankees to help things along. But go to Fayettevill, or anywhere in the sandhills or Greensboro and it is like any trash place int he North. Check out the violent crimes rankings per state and old Dixie has the worst crime in the US as a region. Also look at educational rankings, Infant mortality rates, ect ect ect.

Here you go
top 10 states by Crime
SE
#10 Ark
#9 FL
#8 LA
#6 SC
#2 TN
Five out of the top 10 only 2 northern states made it Delaware and Maryland

Worst Healthcare by state Web MD.com

Bottom 11
TN, AL, GA, FL, WV, KY, Nev, LA, TX, OK, Miss

Worst public school in America by state

#50 Mississippi
#49 Alabama
#48 L'Anna
#44 Arkansas
#42 South Carolina
#41 Kentucky
#37 North Carolina
#32 Georgia
#29 Florida
#28 TN

All bottom half of the states 6 are bottom 10

States ranked by average income
# 50 Miss
#49 WV
#48 Ark
#47 KY
#46 Al
#45 TN
#44 LA
#43 NM
#42 SC

Unemployment rate

States ranked in the bottom 15 with a 5.7% rate or higher
TN, GA, NC, LA, SC, AL, Miss. Only 2 Northern states rank they are WV and NJ

So yea business want to go down south because they can pay cheap labor not have to pay for health care or education and all are RTW states , so you were saying
Again, you just don't understand the difference between an overall state ranking and the fact that there are a lot of good areas in these states. And there are a lot of awful areas in the northeast. You mention healthcare; I can tell you that our doctors here in Naples are better than what we had in the northeast. We took our Babe Ruth 13 year old team from Mercer County down to Van Buren, Arkansas for the World Series in 2004 and were pleasantly surprised. The parents who housed our kids were first class all the way. Lots of great areas in the south and lots of bad areas in the northeast. You don't live in the whole state Sammy; you live in a community of your choice. Good conservative areas in the south are way better places to live than places like Chester, Newark, Philly, Hartford, etc., which have been run down by decades of poor liberal policy, including the awful concept of sanctuary cities.

But not better than Fayeteville NC, New Orleans LA, and so on. There are lots of great ares in the North and bad areas in the south as well. I just pointed out how states compare. And the state is made up of many communities that it true but for those states I mentioned if the areas are so good why do the states stink in so many areas mentioned???? Crime, Health Care, Education, Income, Unemployment???? Just supports my RTW state theory

Last edited:
But not better than Fayeteville NC, New Orleans LA, and so on. There are lots of great ares in the North and bad areas in the south as well. I just pointed out how states compare. And the state is made up of many communities that it true but for those states I mentioned if the areas are so good why do the states stink in so many areas mentioned???? Crime, Health Care, Education, Income, Unemployment???? Just supports my RTW state theory
Amazing that you tie it all to right to work states. We've gotten way off topic, so to bring it back to the "crazies" as you label them, none are crazier than obama, who told us Iran was sovereign, stable, and self-reliant, called ISIS the "JV team" and just last week said that there are hundreds of millions of angry young men around the world. Almost any candidate on either side, with the exception of old, rich, white guy Bernie Sanders would be a better option than lonesome little barry!

Ok I agree with you on that brother. See you at the watering hole first round is on me

Shoot down to Naples over Christmas break and it's on me! 77 is our average high in December-January. We can play some hoops too. And look for gators in the Everglades. I found three in one day, about two weeks ago. Modern day dinosaurs.

By the way, how is the team doing? And remind me of the school again, please.

We are 3-4 lost one last week that we should have had but we are getting better. Parkland NC. Good news when we lose if it not 60-0 but more like 35-14

Sounds like you have improved the program. Best of luck the rest of the year.

Thanks we are turning it around slowly but it is getting there. The JV's are loaded so in two years we could be 7-0 or 6-1 type territory

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT