ADVERTISEMENT

Week 10 District 1 Games and Playoff implications/predictions

IAdelco

Nov 7, 2011
As we make it through the final week of the regular season, I think it is fair that several games can be predicted accurately. However, some not so much. I'm going to give it a shot based on what I think I know but value any and all other opinions that other posters can provide. Here we go:

1. Garnet Valley beats Conestoga. They hold the #1 seed in District 6A playoffs
2. Pennsbury wins at Heartbreak Ridge. Pennsbury holds the #2 seed. Great Job Falcons. Coach of the Year and its not even a question
3. CB East vs CB West is a huge game. Can't pick this one as easily as the first two. However, something tells me West is beat up. Not 100% positive so I value any information I can get from fellow posters. I'll lean towards CB Eastin the meantime. Great season for CB East. Not sure anyone thought they would be as high as a #3 seed going into the district playoffs at the beginning of the year. Cb West is a team that most teams do not want to play in the first round if healthy. They are physical.
4. Perk Valley vs. Pope John Paul tomorrow. This game also holds a lot of playoff ramifications for the district. I will lean towards Perk Valley to win here but it may not be a gimme like last year's 30-0 blowout in the rain.
5. Coatesville vs. Avon Grove
6. CB South should beat Pennridge I would think.
7. Another rivalry game that isn't a gimmie would be The Battle of the Brandywine. I believe DWest has the better offense, defense, and special teams which should lead to at least a 2 score game tonight in favor of West. However, this one is usually a close one so if East can run the ball and manage the clock, maybe they hang in there and win it late.
8. Spring-Ford should beat Phoenixville
9. Souderton rolls
10. Ridley wins
11. North Penn rolls
12. Quakertown gets rolled.

SO where does that leave us??? Only time will tell...

Reactions: MPChesco
Good summary... West IS very banged up. Started the season that way and seems to have gotten worse on a weekly basis. Not good when you're as small and young as West is this year. With that said, they've got some very good wins under their belt and have still handled a few teams with arguably superior rosters. (And have also had 2 or 3 games that they've killed themselves with turnovers and penalties - Garnet Valley, Upper Dublin and CB South.) I could see tonight going either way.

Bucks,
Will West be healthier next week going into the playoffs or are most of their injuries year-ending? I saw them play Garnet Valley and thought they looked very good and physical defensively.

Bucks,
Will West be healthier next week going into the playoffs or are most of their injuries year-ending? I saw them play Garnet Valley and thought they looked very good and physical defensively.
No… almost all are season ending. Defense is still very very good. CB South score was a little deceiving, punt return TD and a late junk score, I bet even with that South didn’t have 200 yards of offense.

Does West need to win tonight to get in the playoffs, or have they already secured a spot?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT