ADVERTISEMENT

Wednesday Night Check-In

Relayer

Jun 18, 2001
Filling in for Mater Dei as he travels this great county seeking fame and fortune.

Truman at Neshaminy Saturday afternoon could be the most intriguing matchup of the early season. I love my 'Skins brethren, but is there anyone on this board that would like to see the Tigers go to 5-0? If they happen to win, can you say 10-0?

Relayer -

This game is interesting in that we'll see how real these two teams are.

Was the D-Town loss the result of Neshaminy thinking they're better than they are or were they just squeaking by in those first two games against so-so opposition and we're getting a little too much ink?

Is Truman a world beater this year or are they "just" a good team that beat up on four sub-par clubs?

Should be a fun one to watch no matter what we learn.

Go 'Skins!!

Relayer, I agree completely. I have nothing against Neshaminy, but there's just something about the idea of Truman winning this game that would be really cool. I hope to get there, but North Penn at Pennridge Saturday night is guaranteed. good luck to all.

Right newman, since both Rocks are a complete mess, what am I clinging to?

Skinner, didn't see the DTW game. I thought Truman would beat CRS, but not by that score.

Relayer, I also attended the CRS Truman game. CRS tackling is pitiful. Do they work on that at practice? It seems too many teams are getting away from the blocking and the tackling.

I think Truman has a legit chance to beat Neshaminy. I see Neshaminy as the favorite. Either way, it should be a tight game.

CB West (3-1) @ Bensalem (4-0) Saturday Night 7pm

The Owls first home game of the season. You should see a packed house and a very good SOL cross division match up with two teams that will be in the field of 16.

Agreed Newman, West seems a little "flukey" to me. If they lose this one they could be in serious trouble. Their MLB (#33?) is a player though. They have some nice talent this year.

There's a good chance we'll see 5-5 in the playoffs every year now (Pennridge last season). It happened a couple times in the old 4A that had more schools competing for spots.

I can always count on Relayer filling in for me admirably and posting the Wednesday night check in. Thanks Relayer!!

I can tell you I did not find fame and the only fortune I gained was finding a dollar bill on a street in the Motor City.

Anyhow enough about that, MDW will be at Pennridge on Saturday night for what is a big matchup in the SOL Continental!

See ya at the game!!!!!

Hopefully Truman is for real since the SOL National is pretty rough. That being said, the Skins will handle the Tigers on Saturday,

Truman scored 166 allowed 12 against Methacton, Avon Grove, Tennant and CR-South who have a combined won-loss of 2-14. But, they average 42ppg that says something good is happening there. Guys who’ve seen them would have to tell us if it’s the Wing-T, their considerable speed….maybe a solid coaching staff that is Pennsbury’s former staff, neutralizing some Neshaminy advantages.

Realistically, Neshaminy is the first legitimate team they’ve played and could come as a shock to them. They’ll be hit hard by a legit D1 team, not like the soft, poor tackling teams previously played. This is almost like going from the JV to varsity after rolling Methacton 48-0, Tennent 41-0 and CR-South 42-0. Interesting that a team like Avon Grove (1-3) slowed them down, losing 35-12. Whole different ball game coming to Heartbreak Ridge.

Having said that, they don’t have just good speed (from all I can read), but blazing speed with Akinwande (spelling?) and Saunders or Sanders who came in 2nd in 200-meter. So the Skins can’t let these guys get outside and will have their work cut out keeping that speed contained and in front of them. And Snelling has thrown a few Td passes keeping teams honest.

I think Skins need to come out and kick ass early, let them know who they’re playing, where they are and welcome to the Bigs, not letting them score early, getting any more confidence than they already have as a 4-0 team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT