ADVERTISEMENT

WE ARE

Stalker

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2001
Ohio State! 39-38. Gag me with a spoon! Pathetic display of football.

Won't be upset to see Moorhead go, play calling was atrocious. Barrett fumbles at 35-20 and PSU does nothing. Can't blame Saquon for moving on.

Does anyone remember this offense before Moorhead. Bad loss. Should have won game. Happens to every coach and program. Alabama should have beat Clemson last year too. Coaching a tough profession.

Reactions: IAdelco
Wow .. hang the OC.. I must have missed the 4Th Q.. I didn’t think the O or OC gave up a 15 point lead in the last 15 mins

Does anyone remember this offense before Moorhead. Bad loss. Should have won game. Happens to every coach and program. Alabama should have beat Clemson last year too. Coaching a tough profession.

Anyone and everyone knows this was their best chance with McSorley/Barkley tandem of ever winning a national championship….and they blew it. The odds of getting a combo like that again are nearly non-existent. Nice choke job coaching staff.

Reactions: lilromeo
Now that I've had a chance to calm down, all I'm saying is they should have gone for the kill after the recovered fumble. The read option was not working. The first play was a 7 yard loss. Too many good receivers on that team. The play calling was very conservative on the first and goal before the FG. Three running plays, needed 6 there. No doubt the defense did not play play well. The blocked punt did not help either.

Losing bates was big blow. He’s going to play in the NFL and have a long career. Ohio State took advantage of him being out. Ohio St did nice job putting them in situations where McSorely doesn’t thrive. One thing about shotgun zone read. Your negative plays are ugly. Like 6 yard loss ugly. Penn st was giving a lot of those up coming in. Ohio St lead the country in forcing them. We know how that went.

One thing I think is overlooked at every level with this spread look. It’s brutal on olinemen. With all these RPOs a lot of times you aren’t even sure if run or pass. Makes for a ton of tentative online play and very little downhill action. It’s just creases with width. It’s especially evident at hs level. I really dislike zone blocking but I’m a dinosaur.

Reactions: green_beans
Losing bates was big blow. He’s going to play in the NFL and have a long career. Ohio State took advantage of him being out. Ohio St did nice job putting them in situations where McSorely doesn’t thrive. One thing about shotgun zone read. Your negative plays are ugly. Like 6 yard loss ugly. Penn st was giving a lot of those up coming in. Ohio St lead the country in forcing them. We know how that went.

One thing I think is overlooked at every level with this spread look. It’s brutal on olinemen. With all these RPOs a lot of times you aren’t even sure if run or pass. Makes for a ton of tentative online play and very little downhill action. It’s just creases with width. It’s especially evident at hs level. I really dislike zone blocking but I’m a dinosaur.

GG
I agree the problem with spread teams is there is no change in formation if you're a defense and its short yardage you go from 4-3 or 3-4 to a goal line d. If your a spread you should be able to go 2 Te and FB and put hat on hat .Yesterday Iowa state is in the victory formation from shotgun. Power offense is still Good in certain situations.

Losing Bates was big. PSU O line was dominated by OSU D line. This took away the ground game and the long pass game. Moorehead had a bad game. He made no adjustment. Quick slants and quick tosses at the line to wide outs would have moved chains. Barkley needs to put his head down once in a while and just slam some defenders. He had no room to spin. With that blocking, they needed to do something other than handoff. Maybe more wildcat snaps with no fakes. Where was Tommy Stevens? Maybe a reverse pass play in a big game? Disappointing.

Reactions: lilromeo
Other than Barkley’s kickoff run back and the spectacular touchdown run Penn State did not do much. Ohio Stste hurt themselves with penalties and several turnovers. Ohio State should have won this game by several touchdowns. Barkley is the offense

[II ="Relayer, post: 45516, member: 30"]Now that I've had a chance to calm down, all I'm saying is they should have gone for the kill after the recovered fumble. The read option was not working. The first play was a 7 yard loss. Too many good receivers on that team. The play calling was very conservative on the first and goal before the FG. Three running plays, needed 6 there. No doubt the defense did not play play well. The blocked punt did not help either.[/QUOTE]
Now that I've had a chance to calm down, all I'm saying is they should have gone for the kill after the recovered fumble. The read option was not working. The first play was a 7 yard loss. Too many good receivers on that team. The play calling was very conservative on the first and goal before the FG. Three running plays, needed 6 there. No doubt the defense did not play play well. The blocked punt did not help either.

I expected a better adjustment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT