ADVERTISEMENT

Way too early Playoff point rough first go round

District1Supporter

Sep 21, 2015
I figured it would be fun to see where the current field would sit after just three weeks. Here we go. Please bear with me as this was done very quickly and may have some errors. I will comment on the games that I know anything about. Feel free to comment.
1. DTW 3-0 340 PTS
Missing points for West Mifflin. Big win over Neshaminy will get them a ton of points come crunch time. I've always been impressed with how prepared they are even if they are physically outmatched. When this coach gets talent they are that much better. Playing Kennent this week should be a mercy rule game.
2. PW 3-0 340 PTS
PW looks to be the only real challenge for Upper Dublin in the SOL American, PW has a pure athlete that the coach does a great job of moving around and getting him in space. Kid went 95 yards first play of the game against Souderton on a bad snap...............speed speed speed. Mixed with a little triple option and zone read. Chang always has his team ready. PW plays Upper Merion and should score 40..............in the first quarter.
3. CB East 3-0 340 points
East has an impressive win under their belt at Pennridge in overtime. It was a sloppy game but East has a strong QB in lamb who can run around you or over you......or just give it to Gibson. They play at 1pm on Saturday against THE ONE MAN SHOW CR NORTH. East will out score North as North may be the worst defense in the Suburban One.
4. Upper Dublin 3-0 330 Points
UD is the real deal and so is their QB. He can run it , throw it and has the size to be a D1 kid. I was more impressed with the 3-4 they play.....they are a high pressure attacking defense that creates turnovers. They will mercy rule Cheltenham this weekend. UD scares me as they wont be tested all year outside of PW later in the year. Its always a case of what happens when they punch someone in the face and they just smile and ask for more the first time.
5. Downington East 3-0 320 points
DTE is always well coached and Matta has been there forever. Their TE is a man child and its apparent he gained a ton of strength and worked on blocking technique this year as I though he was soft as TE last year. The kid is an ASS KICKER! They own on a controversial call against North Penn last week and that will will pay dividends when it comes down to the nitty gritty come play off time. They play Bishop Shannahan who last year was a tough out but Im not to sure about this year.
6. Coatesville 3-0 310 Missing points from the dc team they played this year.
Speed Speed Speed is the word at Coatesville as it is every year. Matt Artega has proven hiselft to be one of the better coaches in district one. They lay WCHenderson and should roll
7. Perk Valley 3-0 300 point
Perk Valley is always tough they run a no huddle fast paced offense and have the athletes to do it, Defensively they are an attacking 3-3-5 stack defense that gives spread teams fits. My only concern is that to of their three wins have come of BAD 3a teams............but in their defense, they beat em like they stole something, like they were supposed to. They should pound Owen J Roberts this weekend
8. Quakertown 3-0 310 points
This another team that I would say hasn't played anyone, 1 win for all three teams that they have defeated. But they do have a solid returning cast of athletes so I think they are for real. They are always tough on defense and on offense they have opened things up this year to utilize the talents of their tall qb who came back from wood. They play at number 9 Tennent this Friday
9. Tennent 3-0 300 points
Tennent is gunning for its first winning season since 2005, their first 3 opponents have 0 wins between them. This game is a great test for them and Quakertown. Winner essentially only needs three more wins to get into the playoffs and the loser is left second guessing themselves after beating up the sisters of the poor the first three weeks. Quakertown wins this one........big.
10. SpringFord 3-0 280 points
Brubaker has build a district power house over by grateford. They are in the playoff mix every year and thats what its all about. Consistency. My only question is...........Who have they played? a couple of 3a teams so its hard to gauge them. I don't see them being tested at all in the PAC. Maybe late in the year by Pottsgrove but outside of that I see them running the table and getting a high seed. Their no huddle and athletes are too much for Boyertown
11.Neshaminy 2-1 270 points
Steve Wilmont has seemed to right the ship after the Fredricks show left town. Neshaminy is back to doing what it does best. Lifting in the offseason and smashing people up front. I expect it to be them,Pennsbury, and Npenn for the National. They open league play with an Abington a team that is way down. Skins roll
12. Unionvillege 2-1 270 points
Unionville has developed into one of District ones more solid programs. They always seem to come into the SOLs backyard come playoff time and give em hell. They will get to 3-1 over rustin
13. Souderton 2-1 250 points
Souderton is always a tough out but in watching them vs PW its hard to see what they want to be on offense. They have been wing t for years but Gallagher has gone away from that an employed more spread sets and the use of the wing t out of gun. Be what you are.............They are very well coached and always have tough hard nosed kids. They open league play with a Pennsbury team that may just be too much
14. Truman 2-1 250 points
What a great story they are, A few years back they were quitting games at half time, last year they were on the cusp of the playoffs before inexplicably losing to Norristown. (all part of the learning process) They lost to one of the best teams in the district 38-7 and it was not even that close. If they took the easy route and played a soft schedule they could easily be 3-0. They open league play with CR South. This is going to be a great game. Two of the best option coaches in district one. I see south being too big up front and wearing the tigers down.
15. Pennsbury 2-1 240 points
I expect them to blow the doors off Souderton this week and lose one more game on the way......
16. Norristown 2-1 240
I like doing this early so we can talk about teams like this. Norristown is in their last year in the SOL before bolting to the PAC. Wouldn't it be something if they made some noise? They are always tough early on until the eligibility issues creep up. It has been that way for years. They will beat west and get to 3-1.

other 2-1 Teams/games
Upper Darby/Ridley-----Ridley
Avon Grove/DTE--------DTE big
GV/Lower Merion----gv
Pennridge/Npenn -----------Npenn big

Thoughts? Comments?

Welcome to the board and thanks for the read. One thing that caught my attention was 5 SOL Continental teams in the top 16. I think CR-South can beat all of them. Will they? We'll find out

Relayer, Quakertown, CRSouth, CBEast, CRNorth, and Truman all have a shot. Id rank them like this
CR South----Huge up front and always physical. Have been horrible on defense in years past
CB East------This is the best East team Ive seen since Bryan Scott played there. They have had problems stopping the option the past few years, so south gets the nod.
Quakertown--- Ive seen them several times this year and they have been inconsistent. If they hammer Tennent like I think they will then they are for real
CR North--No defense, None!! Poor scheme past three years and lazy defensive players
Truman----read have had some major injuries

Tennent---Will be exposed in the league, they literally will look like a JV team vs the teams in their league

Relayer I will also say this the Nationals strangle hold on the SOL may be over. the American took it to them week one and two. I still think Npenn will be the class of the National but after that its up for anyone.

That being the case, some of these numbers are skewed.
I see cr south as the front runner out of thr continental. They're senior heavy and tough. But, I've also seen quakertown and tennent play and dont understand how u can say what u have? Quakertowns qb is solid. Nothing great. He was at wood in the era where passing was minuscule. At one point qtown was at the bottom and built themselves to where they are now. Could this be happening with tennent? The continental is fun to watch because no one opponent outweighs another. For you to say someone will look like a jv team means i guess they should just forfeit the rest of the season then. Btw check out how many close scores they had during lg play last yr. maybe this is them turning the page.
North, well they should just name the school council rock mcelwain.
Truman...seems like UD exposed them. Bensalem gave em a solid run for their money and bensalem is in complete shambles.
Cb east, from the way the papers are talkin, these guys are tough s.o.b.'s. Gotto make it to a game up there

Relayer, Quakertown, CRSouth, CBEast, CRNorth, and Truman all have a shot. Id rank them like this
CR South----Huge up front and always physical. Have been horrible on defense in years past
CB East------This is the best East team Ive seen since Bryan Scott played there. They have had problems stopping the option the past few years, so south gets the nod.
Quakertown--- Ive seen them several times this year and they have been inconsistent. If they hammer Tennent like I think they will then they are for real
CR North--No defense, None!! Poor scheme past three years and lazy defensive players
Truman----read have had some major injuries

Tennent---Will be exposed in the league, they literally will look like a JV team vs the teams in their league
I have seen CB East and they are a physical team with a very tough RB in Gibson. I believe they will be in the conversation at playoff time.

Moscow, I say the JV statement because Ive watched Tennent 3 times this year. Their offfensive line is weak at best. Most of the runs that they have had success on were because the teams they were playing were so undisciplined or just flat out bad. Their base defense is very unsound and in the secondary they are all over the place as far as kids getting lined up and blown coverages. When they play a well disciplined well coached team all this will be exposed. That is all I was saying. Ive seen most of the teams that they are playing in league and I see them getting destroyed. Their defense is going to struggle vs the option teams and get out muscled vs the power teams. Just an opinion
Its funny when people hear spread no huddle people think teams are finesse. East is far from that. As good as Gibson is its their QB that makes their power read play work. When he keeps it its plant and go and that kid is tough!

Mosocow, the numbers are the estimated playoff point standings so they cant be skewed they are what they (may a few errors) not sure what you mean by that.

Of all three the continental is the most wide open
The National its Npenn Pennsbury and Neshaminy
The American its UD and PW

Perk Valley has played only one AAA team, and that is Pottsgrove. I would not call that a bad AAA team. Pottsgrove will be in the AAA playoff hunt again, despite the 1-2 record right now.

They ran the read play vs Hatboro at least 5 times, 1st time was a fumble that Hatboro failed to convert into a TD. They ran it against Upper Perk and Cheltenham as well. When crunch time comes they will run their QB. I "seen" the kid run and hes good. Not sure what your point is.
SSS I apologize you are right. Methacton is a 4a school. They do have a total of 5 aaa schools on their schedule which I think hurts them as far as seeding

PV and SF always have five AAA schools on their resume because of league games. In any given year, 2 losses may not get them in the playoffs. Impossible with 3 losses. And very difficult to get a top 4 seed even if they win out.

Yeah that's tough. It seems one of the teams from the Central and the PAC are always hanging around the bottom of the point standings. Guess it makes their outta league scheduling even more important

Really, really early look at District 1 AAA. Have a nice excel sheet made by a friend smarter than myself. Only part is confirming some of the out of state teams based on enrollment. Right now here is what I have.

T1) Great Valley (3-0) 350 Points
T1) Pottstown (3-0) 350 Points
3) Academy Park (3-0) 340 Points
T4) Radnor (3-0) 330 Points
T4) Marple Newton (3-0) 330 Points
6) Upper Moreland (3-0) 310 Points
7) Chichester (2-1) 260 Points
8 Upper Merion (2-1) 230 Points

On the outside looking in:
9) Interboro (2-1) 220 Points
10) Glen Mills (1-2) 190 Points
11) Phoenixville (1-2) 180 Points
12) Springfield Delco (1-2) 170 Points

I know all roads through Wood and Imhotep, but just keeping the board alive with some measly District 1 AAA stuff.

Cheers,

Busch

Last edited:
Good work Busch.
I really dont even count wood and imhotep because of the recruiting that goes on.
Great Valley (3-0) 350 Points
No huddle break neck speed, Dan Ellis wins everywhere he goes. Great coach who does well by his players
T1) Pottstown (3-0) 350 Points
3) Academy Park (3-0) 340 Points
I think this team is the deepest AP team in a long time. They have speed and athletes all over, tehir problem has been when they get into the playoffs or against bigger teams they get pushed around
T4) Radnor (3-0) 330 Points
Too early to tell about Radnor...........theyve been doormats for so long just wanna see if they are for real
T4) Marple Newton (3-0) 330 Points
Wing T still? Is Ray Gionta still there?
6) Upper Moreland (3-0) 310 Points
Will lose at least 2 vs PW and UDub, they are in a tough 4a league. Dont see them being there at the end as they own three wins over week teams
7) Chichester (2-1) 260 Points
8 Upper Merion (2-1) 230 Points
See upper moreland

On the outside looking in:
9) Interboro (2-1) 220 Points
Lennox is a great coach and will have em in the top 5
10) Glen Mills (1-2) 190 Points
11) Phoenixville (1-2) 180 Points
12) Springfield Delco (1-2) 170 Points

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT