ADVERTISEMENT

Very disappointed. I though that at least one of you angry liberals would have posted

njfan47

Jan 8, 2009
something very "entertaining" about the missile launch on Syria. Maybe there is just too much shock that something was actually done after eight years of Incapabama sitting by, watching, and not making good on red line comments.

Snowflake or Paycut, please make some comments on this situation so that we can have some good weekend laughs! How do you guys "feel" about this situation?

A missile strike is not a strategy. We know the advice Citizen Trump gave Obama in 2013. Earlier this week Tillerson said Assad's fate is up to the Syrian people. What changed? Trump saw the photos that horrified us all, which caused him to do a 180 in his position toward Syria and Assad. I don't have a problem with the missile attack, but I think we can all agree that that's the easy part.

Several people have commented that if Trump was having trouble at home--as indicated in, say, his approval ratings--he would be extra eager to do something abroad that would gain popular approval. If this was part of his motivation, he wouldn't be the first president to do such a thing. But he may be the most approval-seeking president we've ever had.

Reactions: Aragorn
A missile strike is not a strategy. We know the advice Citizen Trump gave Obama in 2013. Earlier this week Tillerson said Assad's fate is up to the Syrian people. What changed? Trump saw the photos that horrified us all, which caused him to do a 180 in his position toward Syria and Assad. I don't have a problem with the missile attack, but I think we can all agree that that's the easy part.

Several people have commented that if Trump was having trouble at home--as indicated in, say, his approval ratings--he would be extra eager to do something abroad that would gain popular approval. If this was part of his motivation, he wouldn't be the first president to do such a thing. But he may be the most approval-seeking president we've ever had.
Darn Tulla, I was looking for one of the loons to reply! You ruined it!! Maybe they will still throw in their .0000001 cents.

Largely agreed on this being the easy part. I'm not worried on actions of citizen Trump vs. President Trump. Things change, four years is a long time ago, children deaths, he knows more now that he's president, etc.

Please don't waste time on approval ratings/polls of citizens. They are tools of the left-wing media and have no credibility. They apparently don't survey the right percentages of people, nor do they have any intent on doing so. Simply put, most are tools of influence. And look, it works, as supposedly intelligent people use them with the "understanding" that they are making a point! It is really comical.

Business surveys, on the other hand, are less biased and involve people who are active in the economy. To that end, 26% of business owners thought that the country is going in the right direction one week before the election; now it's 60%.

Darn Tulla, I was looking for one of the loons to reply! You ruined it!! Maybe they will still throw in their .0000001 cents.

Largely agreed on this being the easy part. I'm not worried on actions of citizen Trump vs. President Trump. Things change, four years is a long time ago, children deaths, he knows more now that he's president, etc.

Please don't waste time on approval ratings/polls of citizens. They are tools of the left-wing media and have no credibility. They apparently don't survey the right percentages of people, nor do they have any intent on doing so. Simply put, most are tools of influence. And look, it works, as supposedly intelligent people use them with the "understanding" that they are making a point! It is really comical.

Business surveys, on the other hand, are less biased and involve people who are active in the economy. To that end, 26% of business owners thought that the country is going in the right direction one week before the election; now it's 60%.
About polls and approval ratings (which we know Trump cares a great deal about), Trump tweeted the following in 2012: "Now that Obama’s poll numbers are in a tailspin–watch for him to launch a strike in Libya or Iran. He is desperate.”

About polls and approval ratings (which we know Trump cares a great deal about), Trump tweeted the following in 2012: "Now that Obama’s poll numbers are in a tailspin–watch for him to launch a strike in Libya or Iran. He is desperate.”
You guys keep wanting to go back. Now, you're back five years. Things change, Tulla. Trump kicks ass; he doesn't send missiles to improve his poll numbers, he does it to send a message.

You guys keep wanting to go back. Now, you're back five years. Things change, Tulla. Trump kicks ass; he doesn't send missiles to improve his poll numbers, he does it to send a message.
We only have to go back a couple of days to find Tillerson and Spicer saying things about Syria that are pretty much opposite to what is being said today. You can say the dropping of the nerve gas changed everything, but the same guy (Assad) dropped larger quantities of the same gas in the past--and not so long ago. Some think he may have felt emboldened to do it again because the U.S. was taking--or seemed to be taking--even more of a hands-off stance toward Syria.

Trump has said he doesn't want to say what he's going to do militarily, i.e. he wants to keep the option to surprise. But policy shouldn't be erratic or contradictory.

We only have to go back a couple of days to find Tillerson and Spicer saying things about Syria that are pretty much opposite to what is being said today. You can say the dropping of the nerve gas changed everything, but the same guy (Assad) dropped larger quantities of the same gas in the past--and not so long ago. Some think he may have felt emboldened to do it again because the U.S. was taking--or seemed to be taking--even more of a hands-off stance toward Syria.

Trump has said he doesn't want to say what he's going to do militarily, i.e. he wants to keep the option to surprise. But policy shouldn't be erratic or contradictory.
It's the fifth time Assad has done this type of attack; the first four times, Incapabama was, well, apparently incapable of a reply. The first time he does it when Trump is president, there's a reaction. See the difference?

I think we can agree that launching the missiles is the easy part. Let's see where we are in a year or so--as you yourself have said about the economy.

something very "entertaining" about the missile launch on Syria. Maybe there is just too much shock that something was actually done after eight years of Incapabama sitting by, watching, and not making good on red line comments.

Snowflake or Paycut, please make some comments on this situation so that we can have some good weekend laughs! How do you guys "feel" about this situation?
Good seeing decisiveness early on with the administration. Edit to say "continued" decisiveness.

Last edited:
Good seeing decisiveness early on with the administration. Edit to say "continued" decisiveness.
Maybe it's more impulsiveness than decisiveness. Even Gen. Kelly said the first travel ban executive order wasn't well conceived, and the haste in putting together the healthcare bill and then the improvised way it was amended resulted in something almost nobody liked.

Maybe it's more impulsiveness than decisiveness. Even Gen. Kelly said the first travel ban executive order wasn't well conceived, and the haste in putting together the healthcare bill and then the improvised way it was amended resulted in something almost nobody liked.
tulla, I don't think it's impulsive to draw a line and mean it! But granted, the immigration and health care offerings were abysmal!

Tulla, your criticism of Trump is consistent, but I don't remember any posts from you about the inaction of Obama when he didn't follow his line-in-the-sand ultimatum on Syria/Assad. Why is that? Or did I miss something?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT