ADVERTISEMENT

USATODAY Playoff shakeups open door for three new Super 25 teams

Green Beans,
Nothing wrong with what you just said and you should enjoy every bit of it. My only axe to grind was with you not acknowledging that Udinski makes them a nationally ranked team. Without him, they are a very good team but not one that could compete the way they are competing. He is by far and away the best Qb Beck has had in his 15 years. Maybe one of the others was comparable but the past offense hamstrung him. IDK. However, it will be interesting to see if North Penn will be able to run this offense the way it is currently constructed next year? Udinski is definitely not just one of the guys. The line is pretty good. The recievers, the backs and the Te's are outstanding but no doubt Udinski has the keys and keeps the car on course. Without him, no way North Penn is 60-40 pass. Believe it or not, that is what they are.

So let me make sure I understand. this is NP 10th district tilte game in 15 years but we are there because we recruited a QB .Udinsky is good but so are henley (cannoneers 3-4 years. thomas (cannoneers 5 years) hubler (cannonners 6 years ) johns (cannoneers )
catnazaro cannoneers 6 years, FB's andrews,drop,prince all cannoneers combined 15 yrs vasger cannoneers 6yrs.O line bevan,cataldi, ryan all long time cannoneers
and defense lavala,white ,john haines andrew roth all long time cannoneers
plus all backups are either cannoneers or squires so I'm sure they will be back..
If udinski didn't come we may have not had the passing yards .They may have had to run the ball witch they have done for the last decade and won districts before .
and will again.

Reactions: green_beans
Thought it was their 11th District title game in the last 15 but who is counting. Not sure just running the ball beats Springford or Coatesville in the fashion they did. If you dont spread teams out or cant throw out of the tight sets they do, I dont think they are in the title game and they have NO chance on getting to the finals. Being one dimensional would have made that Springford game a nail bitter for sure. Coatesville would have played a 53 or 62 for most of the night as they did against Abington and Ridley. Not sur eit would have made a difference but the game would have been closer in the second half considering the passing game and the trick plays really hurt Coatesville. North Penn is a good team, but Udinski makes them significantly better and gives them a realistic chance to get to the finals. One they would definitely not have without him. He changes game plans like no one else on that team. He and Johns (offense and defense)

Frankly, I'm surprised it's taken this long for the pubs to get in on the action. We live in a 'if you can't beat them join them ' world and it's really pretty easy to do, even for a public school. All you typically need to enrol at a public school is proof of residency , a written lease , and one utility bill. Once you're in , most schools will not even check to see if Yiu actually sleep there. You can probably rent a place in north penn fir $1000 a month. You can get an address in ridley for $500 a month. It's a lot less expensive to pay $5-$10 k a year to move into a school district than the $20,000 or more to,go to a lasalle or prep

I think real soon Yiu are going to see a team ballsy enough to bring in 10-15 senior transfers and have a bee team most every year , like Wood. I think you already see it in basketball , where you only need to bring in 1-2 kids a tear to completely change the make up of yiur team

Reactions: green_beans
Green Beans,
Nothing wrong with what you just said and you should enjoy every bit of it. My only axe to grind was with you not acknowledging that Udinski makes them a nationally ranked team. Without him, they are a very good team but not one that could compete the way they are competing. He is by far and away the best Qb Beck has had in his 15 years. Maybe one of the others was comparable but the past offense hamstrung him. IDK. However, it will be interesting to see if North Penn will be able to run this offense the way it is currently constructed next year? Udinski is definitely not just one of the guys. The line is pretty good. The recievers, the backs and the Te's are outstanding but no doubt Udinski has the keys and keeps the car on course. Without him, no way North Penn is 60-40 pass. Believe it or not, that is what they are.
I'm not saying he is not one of the reasons.. but he not the only reason...say he was playing at Pennridge, south etc.. would he have the same success without the same sounding cast...I really doubt it or if the kid from pennridge was at NP. would there be much of a drop off??... Beck has been waiting for the perfect storm for a long time..he finally has it...I hope they win this weekend but I do not see them getting past prep.

Reactions: IAdelco
I'm not saying he is not one of the reasons.. but he not the only reason...say he was playing at Pennridge, south etc.. would he have the same success without the same sounding cast...I really doubt it or if the kid from pennridge was at NP. would there be much of a drop off??... Beck has been waiting for the perfect storm for a long time..he finally has it...I hope they win this weekend but I do not see them getting past prep.

Why don't you see them getting past the prep? Ive seen a lot of the prep this season. I went to see NP play last weekend and was VERY impressed. If this game were to take place, Prep would certainly be the favorite however NP can beat them.

WOW @green_beans you stated that WOOD couldn't beat Prep & everyone saw it, guess who else won't beat Prep this year (NP), guess who's scared to play WOOD because they got slaughtered the last couple of times they played them (NP), so when WOOD, Prep & Tep are playing in Hershey make sure you buy (NP) some tix "so they can see"

Why don't you see them getting past the prep? Ive seen a lot of the prep this season. I went to see NP play last weekend and was VERY impressed. If this game were to take place, Prep would certainly be the favorite however NP can beat them.

The NP fan in me hopes the stars will line up correctly and they get past GV on Friday night..and get to play prep and win or keep it close... but the HS FB fan is looking at the game very objectivity

Looking at both teams non-league schedule this year it looks like they have been power houses in the past but both teams non-league opponents haven't had their best year this year.. so that makes it hard to get a read.. I think we can agree that both teams had easy league schedules..

So I have a few reasons...Prep has the DBs to cover NPs speed receivers.. maybe they win some match ups and lose some match ups there..I'm still worried about NP interior D line..if Prep pounds them getting 4-6 yards a carry they will be tough to stop...add swift into the mix and it makes for a long night...

...but my biggest worry are the penalties NP has been giving up the last three weeks .. forget who called them or if they refs were right or wrong.. they can't give up 150 a game and a TD and stay competitive against a team like prep.. (it will be interesting to see how Parkland does against Prep this weekend).. if NP wins on Friday.. and Parkland keeps it close.. For a FB fan...the NP-Prep game will be a fun game to watch regardless of the outcome...

it's funny all of this started because I said congrats to a team...

I look forward to watching them compete..

WOW @green_beans you stated that WOOD couldn't beat Prep & everyone saw it, guess who else won't beat Prep this year (NP), guess who's scared to play WOOD because they got slaughtered the last couple of times they played them (NP), so when WOOD, Prep & Tep are playing in Hershey make sure you buy (NP) some tix "so they can see"
ouch.. you forgot to say nanny nanny boo at the end

Reactions: CYOBALL1
Ouch!
Seems nothing gets this board going like Red vs Blue, North vs South, Rich vs Poor, or for gods sake, worst of all....PUB vs Private.
I played in the PCL waaaay back in time. Long before open enrollment. Coached there as well for far to long.
One of our neighborhood buddies growing up, who played in the streets with us from the time we could walk, played out of the city for a better High School team. We busted his balls, gave him shit, and loved him like a brother.
When we had street fights, often back then, we could count on him 100%. He was one of us.
He made a choice. He was better then us, had a shot we never would have, we all knew it.
When we played against him, we lost. We battled, played our hearts out and could not win vs such a talented team.
Parents and kids have more choices today then ever before. Not sure how a larger menu is really better but that is the option on the table.
That friends choice, in where he played football in high school, happened over 50 years ago.
Somehow we all survived it.
Kids can handle it, parents......not so sure???????

It's a shame you guys can't enjoy it without hijacking every thread possible and turning it into a recruiting conversation. Must get tiring. Well.... enjoy it for the next week or so, then after we punch our ticket to the final against PCC we can start all over again.

Congrats to NP, SJP. Pitt CC's loss to St. Johns (DC-Cath Conf, lost to DeMatha in final) hurt them here.

I have an idea , why don't we talk about attendance at prep game, maybe send someone to count people this week and have an exit poll of why they came and did they go to Lasalle game 2 games ago, maybe found out why they didn't. We can ask them to stop by Runyan's large mobile home for some hot chocolate as we poll them.

Runyans will be at "The Shoe" this weekend so you can cross that off your list.

All joking aside boys, happy Thanksgiving to all. Enjoy some great turkey and football. For the np/ prep state semifinal I would like to see np all baby blue unis against prep all maroon. Beautiful

Wood prep imhotep Why dont wood and tep move up to 6a tep in the public
wood in the catholic maybe even talk inter ac in to moving to the piaa
put the philly public in 5A move roman and judge down
that way open enrollment plays open enrollment all the schools that can pick the players they want can fight over them .That way they dont have a hard time finding games and have to play out of state .

Pipe Dream. Never happen on all fronts. Also these new District 1 leagues that are " set to form" are not even close to happening. Everyone from an administrative standpoint are arguing over costs and logistics of entire programs.

Wood prep imhotep Why dont wood and tep move up to 6a tep in the public
wood in the catholic maybe even talk inter ac in to moving to the piaa
put the philly public in 5A move roman and judge down
that way open enrollment plays open enrollment all the schools that can pick the players they want can fight over them .That way they dont have a hard time finding games and have to play out of state .

Wouldn't be fair to move Roman and Judge down. Both teams would have throttled undefeated O'Hara this year. It would be that way in the blue with both of those teams playing down.
Believe it or not both Roman and Judge are moving in the right direction.

Last edited:
Pipe Dream. Never happen on all fronts. Also these new District 1 leagues that are " set to form" are not even close to happening. Everyone from an administrative standpoint are arguing over costs and logistics of entire programs.

I have to disagree with the easy regular season comment. Prep is very very good. They make good opponents look non-existent at times.
PCL overall was pr

Wouldn't be fair to move Roman and Judge down. Both teams would have throttled undefeated O'Hara this year. It would be that way in the blue with both of those teams playing down.

I have to disagree with the easy regular season comment. Prep is very very good. They make good opponents look non-existent at times.
PCL overall was pr

I know I will get killed for this Let's face it football at the highschool level just like college makes it possible to fund other sports programs . Also after going to games for over 25yrs I dont think I have ever seen a empty stadium( it can happen in inner city games because of time difference but a 730 friday night game depending on the size of the school could be a couple thousand people including students so besides the springfields of the world if I take a bus from penn ridge to abington or from wood to pw to play prep whats the difference

.I would just like to see if you had a player say from glenside grew up in philly went to catholic grade school played for aztecs moved out around 8th grade his buddys play for tep hes close to lasalle and wood and prep wants him .He wants to play for state championship but they all play each other where does he go and why. Now he has 3 choices in 3 different classes.

I hope all the best for roman and judge but i would rather see them beat gratz and ohara than tep and wood

Reactions: UptownVike
I've seen GV against Nesh and PV, shocked how big they are and deceptively fast. Would give them a better shot had they not almost lost to CB south, that makes you wonder.....But I wouldn't be surprised if NP doesn't play a clean game, Green Beans and Beck might out recruiting Udinski's successor sooner than most thought....

I know I will get killed for this Let's face it football at the highschool level just like college makes it possible to fund other sports programs . Also after going to games for over 25yrs I dont think I have ever seen a empty stadium( it can happen in inner city games because of time difference but a 730 friday night game depending on the size of the school could be a couple thousand people including students so besides the springfields of the world if I take a bus from penn ridge to abington or from wood to pw to play prep whats the difference

.I would just like to see if you had a player say from glenside grew up in philly went to catholic grade school played for aztecs moved out around 8th grade his buddys play for tep hes close to lasalle and wood and prep wants him .He wants to play for state championship but they all play each other where does he go and why. Now he has 3 choices in 3 different classes.

I hope all the best for roman and judge but i would rather see them beat gratz and ohara than tep and wood
Easy....money situation being relatively equal, he goes to the school that he feels he will fit in with the best, considering ACADEMICS and fit first, then athletics.

Easy....money situation being relatively equal, he goes to the school that he feels he will fit in with the best, considering ACADEMICS and fit first, then athletics.

So these kids think academics first. Doubt it first its athletics then fit then academics .

But if you have to make a athletic choice and that choice does not include a almost guaranteed city or state final or do they stay home at thier district school.just a thought
Because its not going to change .

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

"trap" gave three choices there.....SJP LS AW. Any of those three would give a good player the opportunity to play good football, be seen, and possibly win a state championship. So, my advice for my kid, the FB would be out of the equation. I would help him find the place he fit the best and handle the academics.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT