ADVERTISEMENT

Unemployment rate

sammyk

Oct 26, 2001
Drops again . US economy in good shape. US dollar is strong, stock market is up gas prices are low housing market is recovering, auto industry has made a huge comeback, Sarah Palin can still see Russia from her house

This post was edited on 3/15 4:58 PM by sammyk

I would ask you if the $8 trillion of debt that obama has taken on has had anything to do with it and also if the $85 billion per month in past Fed money infusion also had anything to do with it and also if the 2% growth level is so acceptable and if the U6 number (11%) was irrelevant. But you would reply with:

"HUH?"

Wow always something wrong man so sad for you. You mean the same U6 rate that was under Reagan during trickle down economics. You know it is the same as it was back then. So what is it Reagan tripled the national Debt as well
This post was edited on 3/15 3:54 PM by sammyk

After 6 years in office

Obama unemployment rate 5.6 U6 rate 11%
Reagan unemployment rate 6.6 U6 rate 10.8%

HMMMM looks about even so if you are saying that what is going on now does not work how did trickle down economics work??? You have been measured you have been weighed and you have been left wanting. Oh but I am sure you will say well the national debt ect ect well Reagan tripled that.

Reagan vs. Obama...Come on Sam! Be real!

Sam, as a self employed man I can say that I made tons of money during the Reagan years. Thank God I did and we saved rather than spent. A person running a small business today (who do the bulk of hiring by far) can't make enough today to overcome the cost of equipment, employees and benefits, regulation and taxes etc. Consequently, most people like me put it in cruise control by spending very little and not hiring.

You can argue unemployment amongst the 2 Presidents, but most certainly the jobs created during the Reagan administration were quality type jobs when compared to today and businesses were much more profitable and willing to invest in America.

Re: Reagan vs. Obama...Come on Sam! Be real!

Ok perhaps you might have a small point there, but the jobs that are open now are skilled jobs and well paying ones. Back in Reagan's time you still could find unskilled labor that did not require further education.. Not the case now. But I will say and give credit that small businesses thrived more then than now and I would like to see that trend turn around

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT