ADVERTISEMENT

Two very special players!!

paul from philly

Dec 9, 2010
We were very lucky to have been able to witness Swift and Udinski play. Swift's boxscores from his last few games are off the charts. 200 plus yards and multiple, I mean multiple TDs. And no offense to NPs whole team but they don't make it nearly this far without Udinski. How many yards did he end up with? Good luck to both of them.

We were very lucky to have been able to witness Swift and Udinski play. Swift's boxscores from his last few games are off the charts. 200 plus yards and multiple, I mean multiple TDs. And no offense to NPs whole team but they don't make it nearly this far without Udinski. How many yards did he end up with? Good luck to both of them.

Paul

you can say the same thing about swift .I have seen him twice in person this year
a couple of times on tv .I also saw josh adams the same way Guys like that are on
another level that was a great game by a player just like the last 2 weeks .This is not the first time NP has gotten this far and they did it without a 3000 yd passer ..Udinski is good but I dont think the other skill guys get there props, All hubler does is make big catch after big catch in certain spots to change momentum. johns and thomas are mismatch nightmares and dillon ,andrews and vasger have all made huge plays plus you have henley who maybe the best athlete of them all . Sat night was mostly swift a ko return for a TD and a few scrambles by the Qb the question is how far does the prep get without swift

If udinski doesn't get recruited or let's say transfer, you would have only seem him for one year...

Paul

you can say the same thing about swift .I have seen him twice in person this year
a couple of times on tv .I also saw josh adams the same way Guys like that are on
another level that was a great game by a player just like the last 2 weeks .This is not the first time NP has gotten this far and they did it without a 3000 yd passer ..Udinski is good but I dont think the other skill guys get there props, All hubler does is make big catch after big catch in certain spots to change momentum. johns and thomas are mismatch nightmares and dillon ,andrews and vasger have all made huge plays plus you have henley who maybe the best athlete of them all . Sat night was mostly swift a ko return for a TD and a few scrambles by the Qb the question is how far does the prep get without swift
I don't want to minimize Swift's contributions in the least. The Prep doesn't beat North Penn without him. However, it should be kept in mind that they played half the Bosco game after he got injured and played very little and they beat Wood with Swift in for just a few plays. In both games, they had Waller who was a very large factor in all the games he played, especially against Oaks Christian and Wood. Waller in the backfield with Swift--and occasionally giving Swift a break--would have made a difference against NP and would certainly complicate the game plan PCC is now making.

Even without Waller, the Prep's offense is usually better balanced than it was on Saturday. That may have been the first game of the year when McCray didn't complete a long downfield pass. It was also only the second time this year his completion rate was under 50%--11/25. (He completed 11 of 24 against North Penn, including at least one long pass to Greene.) Part of the reason was NP's pass rush and coverage and part may have had to do with the weather--not that it was so bad but it was cold and breezy enough to make some difference. Looks like it will be colder still on Saturday, but they'll have to find a way to maintain a real passing threat.

Reactions: lilromeo and scs13
Swift didn't eclipse 100 TOUCHES on offense on the SEASON until the Parkland game. Right now he's still under 150 for the year. I think their respective impact on their teams records during the season is very different.

I don't want to minimize Swift's contributions in the least. The Prep doesn't beat North Penn without him. However, it should be kept in mind that they played half the Bosco game after he got injured and played very little and they beat Wood with Swift in for just a few plays. In both games, they had Waller who was a very large factor in all the games he played, especially against Oaks Christian and Wood. Waller in the backfield with Swift--and occasionally giving Swift a break--would have made a difference against NP and would certainly complicate the game plan PCC is now making.

Even without Waller, the Prep's offense is usually better balanced than it was on Saturday. That may have been the first game of the year when McCray didn't complete a long downfield pass. It was also only the second time this year his completion rate was under 50%--11/25. (He completed 11 of 24 against North Penn, including at least one long pass to Greene.) Part of the reason was NP's pass rush and coverage and part may have had to do with the weather--not that it was so bad but it was cold and breezy enough to make some difference. Looks like it will be colder still on Saturday, but they'll have to find a way to maintain a real passing threat.

I was at the bosco game and when swift was in they went up a couple of scores I think
and when he went out bosco made a run and it was a one score game then a bad bosco team 6-5 on the year played horrible their top wr was out also for the second half.I think waller is a very good player but in the wood game wood killed themselves with penaltys and turnovers . both lasalle games parkland and north penn over 80 rushes for over 1000.00 yrds in 4 games in the big games he is the team

I was at the bosco game and when swift was in they went up a couple of scores I think
and when he went out bosco made a run and it was a one score game then a bad bosco team 6-5 on the year played horrible their top wr was out also for the second half.I think waller is a very good player but in the wood game wood killed themselves with penaltys and turnovers . both lasalle games parkland and north penn over 80 rushes for over 1000.00 yrds in 4 games in the big games he is the team
SJP also had lots of penalties against Wood.

My general point was that the combination of Swift and Waller was extremely effective for the limited times they were in games together--against Oaks Christian, for most of the first half against Bosco and for most of the first half in the first game against LaSalle. Swift is even more dangerous when there is another backfield threat--as was the case a couple of years ago when he and Zacchaeus were in the backfield together. Swift is better and stronger now than he was two years ago, but still if the Prep can find ways to use Khari Jones effectively they'll be that much better. We saw a little of that on Saturday with the screen to Jones that got called most of the way back. I expect we'll see a bit more of that on Saturday.

I think Prep did a great job at evaluating their opponents as it pertained to utilizing swift in the offense. Most of the games they were heavy favorites he sat. He didn't play much during the season after the tv game where he was limited. Played against Lasalle twice and Roman once in the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT