ADVERTISEMENT

Trump's Legacy

tulla

Oct 27, 2004
I heard someone the other day say that Obama's statement that everyone would be able to keep their doctor after the ACA became law was remembered and taken into account by many because he rarely lied or made a statement contrary to fact. (To say someone was lying you have to be sure the person knew what he or she was saying was false. I suspect Obama was lying in that case.) The problem with Trump is that he lies or says so many things that are contrary to fact--just think of all the instances just having to do with the current issue about separating families where Trump and his officials contradict themselves hourly repeatedly--that they all blur together and we wind up at a place where at least many of his supporters think what is true or factual can be made up if one has the right opinions or attitudes.

Some will not want to look at this because it's from the NYT, but maybe the fact that there is a football angle to the story will encourage people to give it a try: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/22/...ight-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-right-region

I heard someone the other day say that Obama's statement that everyone would be able to keep their doctor after the ACA became law was remembered and taken into account by many because he rarely lied or made a statement contrary to fact. (To say someone was lying you have to be sure the person knew what he or she was saying was false. I suspect Obama was lying in that case.) The problem with Trump is that he lies or says so many things that are contrary to fact--just think of all the instances just having to do with the current issue about separating families where Trump and his officials contradict themselves hourly repeatedly--that they all blur together and we wind up at a place where at least many of his supporters think what is true or factual can be made up if one has the right opinions or attitudes.

Some will not want to look at this because it's from the NYT, but maybe the fact that there is a football angle to the story will encourage people to give it a try: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/22/...ight-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-right-region

Great article. I love the first comment. The media should abandon Trump and his tweets and deal with what is really happening. The next press conference he holds, no one should show up!!

"The media should abandon Trump and his tweets and deal with what is really happening. The next press conference he holds, no one should show up!!"

I've been saying this since he was campaigning. Don't feed the troll. Trump cries about the media who made him with something like $1 billion in free air time, but he creates ratings. Like a train wreck or mass shooting.

The Press knows Trump, Sanders or whoever from this administration is going to just spew lies. They shouldn't cover them. Don't cover tweets.

They still need to report on all of this because if Trump was separating families by light of day, what is he doing under the cover of night? Well, maybe this: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/21/us/politics/trump-government-overhaul-safety-net.html

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT