ADVERTISEMENT

Time for a third Party

sammyk

Oct 26, 2001
With Trump and Clinton unfavorable rating of 55% and 40% is there a better time than now for a third party?

With Trump and Clinton unfavorable rating of 55% and 40% is there a better time than now for a third party?
Third parties don't work. If Crazy Bernie were to run, Trump wins. If Ted Cruz ran, Hillary wins. The person who runs has no chance to win and only siphons votes away from the person to whom they are most closely politically aligned.

Well one candidate has a unfavorable rating of 55% that is half of the party. The other is almost 40% of the other party, which means that half of the voting public dislikes the front runners. My guess is that the 55% republicans that are anti Trump are moderates and the 40% Democrats that are Anti Clinton are moderates as well. Time for a party that is a moderate party and stop letting the crazies from the Dems and Reps running the show

Well one candidate has a unfavorable rating of 55% that is half of the party. The other is almost 40% of the other party, which means that half of the voting public dislikes the front runners. My guess is that the 55% republicans that are anti Trump are moderates and the 40% Democrats that are Anti Clinton are moderates as well. Time for a party that is a moderate party and stop letting the crazies from the Dems and Reps running the show
That's pretty bad calculus, Sammy. So, you think that the third-party candidate would win the majority of the vote based on the unfavorable numbers that you have cited?

Do you know that if one of the or three candidates doesn't secure enough electoral votes that the House of Representatives selects the president from among the three candidates? I don't think you want that to happen, do you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT