ADVERTISEMENT

The unofficial playoff point standings after week 6 (based on records)

District1Supporter

Sep 21, 2015
Here are the top 16 based on records and the estimated point standings. Debate away
1. DTW 6-0 On a collision course with DTE at the end of the season. The winner will be the one seed! They play West Chester East this week and will Roll!
2. DTE 6-0 See above......Play Coatesville this Friday and will win
3. Upper Dublin 6-0 This team is the real deal. They we be ignored because they aren't a "traditional" power but this team is balanced and loaded on each side of the ball. PW this week who lost to an Upper Moreland team that lost to horrible Hatboro team.............Upper Dublin will roll! My only concern is how they will react when a team actually fights back and doesnt just roll over for them.
4. Quakertown 6-0 This team gets slammed for playing a "weak non league schedule" but they take care of business every week. They play CB West this week who looked very very very very slow in the games Ive seen them play. Quakertown town in a closer then most people think game.
5. Springford 6-0 On a Roll.......will go into their last game undefeated against PV. In what I am going to call the "Pretender Bowl" as I feel that both Springford and Perk Valley are the beneficiaries of a super weak Schedule
6. Perk Valley 6-0 See Above
1 loss teams
7. Pennsbury- 5-1 I think they are the best of the one loss teams and probably better then Springford and Perk Valley. This week they will take on the Rams from Pennridge on Friday.....this is my game of the week. I think Pennsburys Def front is as fast as they are strong. The Rams oline slow and play very high. Pennsbury is a Wing T team so they have seen the Middle school offense over and over again and the coaches know how to defend it. The major advantage for Pennsbury is at the Skill positions. They have em all over and I feel outside of Cuthbert they are below average. Close at half but Snyder out coaches Hollenbach and Pennsbury speed is too much for the heavy footed rams
8. Haverford 5-1 Beat a tough Garnet team and shocked the hell outta me! Will get to to 6-1 easily vs Penncrest
9. Upper Darby 5-1--Dont know enough about them to comment
10. PW 5-1 Will lose TWO yes TWO more along the way......will they get in with 4 loses?? I say no Pennridge will get in with 3 loses just ahead of them
11. NPENN- 4-2 Best of the 2 loss teams and one lose teams other then Pennsbury and that will be settled on the field. Will be up 40 on Bensalem at half. Will play Pennsbury in two weeks who will be off a physcial Pennridge game. Npenn will coast to 8-2 and a league title. Disaster strikes ? and they slip in at 7-3
12. Pennridge 4-2 Should be interesting this Friday.......I dont want to say anything bad about them as there seems to be a lot of "Hollenbach love" on this site.
13. Garnet 4-2 I was wrong................they get to 5-2 as they play a terrible 3a harriton
14. Cr South 4-2 This team has the potential to do some serious damage. They are big upfront and run the triple to perfection. M only concern is them on defense. They have been bad the past few years. They play a Tennent team that started out strong with a soft schedule but have been exposed in league play being outscored.............136-10. Cr South is up 5- at half.
15. CB East 4-2.............This team is all over the place. They turn the ball over a ton...........get a ton of penalties...........and are still 4-2. They play the fastest team in district 1!!!! Norristown has speed all over. If they can ever get their shit together look out. East wins in OT
16. Unionville....4-2 Play a tough 3a great valley team will win a close one.

Here we go Playoffs
1 DTW VS 16 UNIONVILLE DTW is too much.........their QB is something special and fun to watch
2 DTE VS 15 CB EAST........ DTE rolls
3 UPPER DUBLIN VS CR SOUTH........UD wins as theyve had expereince prepping for the option vs Truman
4. QUAKERTOWN VS GARNET..........QTOWN wins big
5. SPRINGFORD VS 12 PENNRIDGE.............RAMS ground and pound Springfields no huddle
6 PERK VALLEY VS 11 NPENN-------------Only mercy rule in round 1
7 PENNSBURY VS 10 PW---------------Check that 2nd mercy rule in round 1
8 HAVERFORD VS 9 UPPER DARBY Haverford..............coin flip

Reseeding
1 DTW VS 12 PENNRIDGE............... DTW.........
2 DTE VS NPENN.....................Rematch goes to Npenn
3 UD VS HAVERFORD...........UD Mercy rule
4 QUAKERTOWN VS PENNSBURY............Pennsbury

Reseeding
DTW VS NPENN...........Too many tough games in a row for the Knights DTW
UD VS Pennsbury..........UD Wins the rematch

DTW VS UD...........................................UD

OK... The "pretenders" as you call both of them, have won 7 D1 Playoff games the last 3 years. Spring-Ford ( not Springfield) beat possibly the best recent Pennridge team a few years back. Held Mike Class to under 60 yards rushing. Perk Valley lost a heartbreaker to DWest last year. They can't change their schedule this year, but the PAC will have a new look next year with separate Divisions and 4 OOC Games next year. I would be careful overlooking either team, but you are entitled to your opinion. Time will tell...

I agree. That was a great team that beat Pennridge, what ever happened to that Senior class, where did they all go. The pretender comment is based of the amount of 3a and 2a teams each one of the teams play. Of the two Id say Perk Valley will be the frst to go.

AAA District 1 Points

IN
1) Academy Park (6-0) 750 total points
2) Marple Newtown (6-0) 730 total points
3) Upper Moreland (5-1) 700 total points
4) Pottstown Area (5-1) 660 total points
5) Great Valley (5-1) 620 total points
6) Radnor (4-2) 570 total points
7) Interboro (5-1) 540 total points
8) Bishop Shanahan (3-3) 510 total points

OUT
9) Pottsgrove (3-3) 490 total points
10) Springfield (2-4) 440 total points

Cheers,

Busch

Here are the top 16 based on records and the estimated point standings. Debate away
1. DTW 6-0 On a collision course with DTE at the end of the season. The winner will be the one seed! They play West Chester East this week and will Roll!
2. DTE 6-0 See above......Play Coatesville this Friday and will win
3. Upper Dublin 6-0 This team is the real deal. They we be ignored because they aren't a "traditional" power but this team is balanced and loaded on each side of the ball. PW this week who lost to an Upper Moreland team that lost to horrible Hatboro team.............Upper Dublin will roll! My only concern is how they will react when a team actually fights back and doesnt just roll over for them.
4. Quakertown 6-0 This team gets slammed for playing a "weak non league schedule" but they take care of business every week. They play CB West this week who looked very very very very slow in the games Ive seen them play. Quakertown town in a closer then most people think game.
5. Springford 6-0 On a Roll.......will go into their last game undefeated against PV. In what I am going to call the "Pretender Bowl" as I feel that both Springford and Perk Valley are the beneficiaries of a super weak Schedule
6. Perk Valley 6-0 See Above
1 loss teams
7. Pennsbury- 5-1 I think they are the best of the one loss teams and probably better then Springford and Perk Valley. This week they will take on the Rams from Pennridge on Friday.....this is my game of the week. I think Pennsburys Def front is as fast as they are strong. The Rams oline slow and play very high. Pennsbury is a Wing T team so they have seen the Middle school offense over and over again and the coaches know how to defend it. The major advantage for Pennsbury is at the Skill positions. They have em all over and I feel outside of Cuthbert they are below average. Close at half but Snyder out coaches Hollenbach and Pennsbury speed is too much for the heavy footed rams
8. Haverford 5-1 Beat a tough Garnet team and shocked the hell outta me! Will get to to 6-1 easily vs Penncrest
9. Upper Darby 5-1--Dont know enough about them to comment
10. PW 5-1 Will lose TWO yes TWO more along the way......will they get in with 4 loses?? I say no Pennridge will get in with 3 loses just ahead of them
11. NPENN- 4-2 Best of the 2 loss teams and one lose teams other then Pennsbury and that will be settled on the field. Will be up 40 on Bensalem at half. Will play Pennsbury in two weeks who will be off a physcial Pennridge game. Npenn will coast to 8-2 and a league title. Disaster strikes ? and they slip in at 7-3
12. Pennridge 4-2 Should be interesting this Friday.......I dont want to say anything bad about them as there seems to be a lot of "Hollenbach love" on this site.
13. Garnet 4-2 I was wrong................they get to 5-2 as they play a terrible 3a harriton
14. Cr South 4-2 This team has the potential to do some serious damage. They are big upfront and run the triple to perfection. M only concern is them on defense. They have been bad the past few years. They play a Tennent team that started out strong with a soft schedule but have been exposed in league play being outscored.............136-10. Cr South is up 5- at half.
15. CB East 4-2.............This team is all over the place. They turn the ball over a ton...........get a ton of penalties...........and are still 4-2. They play the fastest team in district 1!!!! Norristown has speed all over. If they can ever get their shit together look out. East wins in OT
16. Unionville....4-2 Play a tough 3a great valley team will win a close one.

Here we go Playoffs
1 DTW VS 16 UNIONVILLE DTW is too much.........their QB is something special and fun to watch
2 DTE VS 15 CB EAST........ DTE rolls
3 UPPER DUBLIN VS CR SOUTH........UD wins as theyve had expereince prepping for the option vs Truman
4. QUAKERTOWN VS GARNET..........QTOWN wins big
5. SPRINGFORD VS 12 PENNRIDGE.............RAMS ground and pound Springfields no huddle
6 PERK VALLEY VS 11 NPENN-------------Only mercy rule in round 1
7 PENNSBURY VS 10 PW---------------Check that 2nd mercy rule in round 1
8 HAVERFORD VS 9 UPPER DARBY Haverford..............coin flip

Reseeding
1 DTW VS 12 PENNRIDGE............... DTW.........
2 DTE VS NPENN.....................Rematch goes to Npenn
3 UD VS HAVERFORD...........UD Mercy rule
4 QUAKERTOWN VS PENNSBURY............Pennsbury

Reseeding
DTW VS NPENN...........Too many tough games in a row for the Knights DTW
UD VS Pennsbury..........UD Wins the rematch

DTW VS UD...........................................UD

Interesting post but who's slamming Quakertown? "Pretender bowl"....now there's a slam as Spring Ford and Perk Val are doing what you say Quakertown is doing, "taking care of business every week." Both are doing this against a more difficult schedule than Quakertown's. No slam intended there, just a schedule read that shows PV defeating CR-N and Pgrove and SF defeating State High and Pgrove, teams most would agree are more difficult than anything on Panther's schedule that shows no teams over .500.

I've been critical of Quakertown's schedule. If they want to be considered one of the better programs in D1, they need to upgrade their non-league schedule. All 16 teams on Supporter's list would be undefeated playing Quakertown's schedule. It should be a great game on the 23rd when the Panthers head to Newtown against CRS.

There are no 2A schools in the Pac10. Half the schools are 4A and the other half are 3A. And while I will agree that the bottom half of the league is not good, all 3 playoff teams (PV, SF, and Pottsgrove) have a winning record in the playoffs over the past 5 years. SF made the district1 4A finals a few years ago and PV made the semifinal two years ago. Both SF and PV beat some decent teams along the way, and PV won some pretty handily. And both of those teams had a league loss (Pottsgrove) when they made those runs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT