ADVERTISEMENT

The Recruiting Zone (August 13th, 2018)

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
Find out what colleges are recruiting Garth Barclay, Dominic DeLuca, Draven Doebler, Steven Balulis, and Reed FitzSimmons now!

......................................................................................................

York Suburban defensive end Garth Barclay
Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I definitely want to play sports in college and I hope I am blessed enough to have the opportunity to have it be football.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I’m the youngest of three, so I’ve been on more college tours than most 16-year olds. It’s really helping me prioritize the type of college I would hope to attend.”

What camps did you attend this summer? How did the camps go overall?
“I started with Lauren’s First and Goal because it is such a great instructional camp as well as a great place to start developing relationships with multiple college coaches. I followed that with Penn State and Lafayette in June. In July, I went to University of Delaware and back to Penn State because at the June camp, the defensive coach suggested I come back to focus just on defense in July. I love camps. I find them both mentally and physically challenging and I learn something new from every coach I work with. I felt I got some positive feedback and am excited to show new game film with the coaches I met.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“I never really had a favorite college growing up. Both my parents were DI athletes at Princeton in football and rowing and were involved in alumni activities, so I spent a lot of time on campus there.”

......................................................................................................

Derry Area athlete Dominic DeLuca
What schools have offered you for wrestling?
“VMI and Bucknell.”

How did the offers come?
“They both came over the phone.”

What were your first thoughts on the scholarships and the schools that offered?
“I’m thankful for the scholarships, but my recruitment is still open.”

What other colleges are recruiting you for wrestling?
“Pitt, Clarion, American University, George Mason, and others with interest.”

Are you leaning more towards wrestling in college?
“I haven’t decided if I’m going to wrestle or play football.”

What schools are recruiting you for football?
“For football, it is Army, Penn, Bucknell, Cornell, Towson, Youngstown State, Penn State, and some other DIIs.”

When do you want to make a final decision?
“I haven’t decided my final decision date. It will probably be around January.”

What are the biggest factors in your final decision?
“Academics, coaching relationship, facilities, and overall the best fit for me. I am excited to see what the future holds.”

Lewisburg linebacker Draven Doebler
“I mean if I get the opportunity to play football in college, yes.”

“None as of now.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“Yes, I’ve been on a few college visits this summer. I’ve been to Temple, Pitt, Bloomsburg, IUP, and West Chester.”

“I have not been able to make any camps.”

“My favorite college growing up would definitely be Penn State. Them being so close to home plus having a great football team made me fall in love with them from an early age.”

Schuylkill Haven running back Steven Balulis
“I would like to play football in college.”

“Lycoming College has shown some interest.”

“Lycoming College and Lebanon Valley College.”

“We went to Downingtown East this year for camp. Overall, we did very good against the bigger schools.”

“Notre Dame has always been my favorite college growing up.”

Central Valley linebacker Reed FitzSimmons
“I want to play college football at the highest level I can.”

“I have not been recruited by any colleges yet, but I was ranked as the #21 player on Pennlive.com’s prospect list for PA 2020. I am hoping that this ranking will help me along the recruiting process.”

“I have not made any trips.”

“I went to Indiana University of PA, Youngstown State, Pitt, and the Robert Morris University camps. I enjoyed all of them. There were a lot of coaches at each one and all of them gave great coaching that I look to use to improve on this season.”

“I’d have to say Notre Dame. I am Irish, and I did root for them as a kid.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News