ADVERTISEMENT

The real truth about the Ridley Job

So going off of message board rumors, in February, people know everything they need to know, and next year is going to be a disaster. Shit. What am I gonna do Friday nights from September thru November now?

So as more unfolds with Wood from Ridley who has gifted the job, five coaches from decker's staff was asked to come back so that seems to me he had zero people in place for a staff and the scrambling was beginning .The o-line coach was asked to come back and he denied, rumor has it because Green was acting like he was the next coming of Nick Saban. Next up was Chris Bell was asked to return he also denied. The D coordinator from last year was also asked, not sure why but he denied them as well. Chris Craig who called the plays last year for Ridley and who is the coach who can "control the running back" surprisingly he accepted but he will be coaching on the defensive side of the ball. They also asked the special teams coach from last year to come back and he accepted most likely because his son is playing there this year and let's be honest because he is a Ridley cop. The other info I gathered is that they have hired two pee-wee football coaches from the area as a volunteer status, yes pee-wee football coaches so all you Ridley faithful the panic button has been pushed and the nightmare has just begun. I'm actually enjoying this fiasco all because of Wood being friends with the AD. Just a side note here Wood had gotten the widener job because Zwann had left and they really had no other option. Bottom line Wood is not all that and he can't get good assistants because he is a ego driven freak as is Green. These are the facts, also a weak staff equals a weak team......Godspeed

Actually its a CYO coach and I think its a very smart move to keep these kids in the public school and keep them from going to the catholic and private schools.. The coach comes from a good cyo program that is local and could be a feeder for Ridley.

Sounds like a mess to me. I'm guessing Wood has nobody else so that's what he is left with. After all, it has been stated that the pool of candidates who went for the job weren't really anything to write home about. If that's the case then the amount of solid assistants out there is limited.

Commish either has all the dirt or he is just ruffling feathers. What has Green done to piss people off? You stated that he was the wrong choice for Wood. Who else is better? Available?

Cyo coaches all think they are big time coaches. This will be fun to watch unfold.

So as more unfolds with Wood from Ridley who has gifted the job, five coaches from decker's staff was asked to come back so that seems to me he had zero people in place for a staff and the scrambling was beginning .The o-line coach was asked to come back and he denied, rumor has it because Green was acting like he was the next coming of Nick Saban. Next up was Chris Bell was asked to return he also denied. The D coordinator from last year was also asked, not sure why but he denied them as well. Chris Craig who called the plays last year for Ridley and who is the coach who can "control the running back" surprisingly he accepted but he will be coaching on the defensive side of the ball. They also asked the special teams coach from last year to come back and he accepted most likely because his son is playing there this year and let's be honest because he is a Ridley cop. The other info I gathered is that they have hired two pee-wee football coaches from the area as a volunteer status, yes pee-wee football coaches so all you Ridley faithful the panic button has been pushed and the nightmare has just begun. I'm actually enjoying this fiasco all because of Wood being friends with the AD. Just a side note here Wood had gotten the widener job because Zwann had left and they really had no other option. Bottom line Wood is not all that and he can't get good assistants because he is a ego driven freak as is Green. These are the facts, also a weak staff equals a weak team......Godspeed
Commish, I think it's obvious that you have an agenda, so why not just come out with it. What exactly is your axe to grind? Do you dislike Wood? Signor, the new AD? The Ridley program? Do you feel like Decker/the previous staff got shafted and are carrying water for them?

You've gone on record calling for the "panic button" and referring to the situation as a "disaster" and "nightmare", all before a staff has been announced or a single practice held. If nothing else, I'm sure Rivals is appreciative of the off season page views.

I have been on the record as saying that I think that Wood will be successful at Ridley. I also have no problem with bringing up some youth coaches in order to keep that pipeline within the community.

My only argument is/was that it is not accurate to say that the whole "interview" process was not predetermined. Wood had the job in November. Ridley did the whole dog and pony show interview process to make it look like there was a true evaluation.

All the talk and rumors and I don't think anyone saw woods having a staff Of close to 20 guys with quite a few Ridley alum. That's a lot of coaches. To think strath haven all those years won with 5/6 coaches is pretty incredible. The only question I have is with so many coaches will Ridley two platoon?

Not counting 9th graders , I count 18 assistant coaches Wow! I wonder how many of them are actually being paid vs. just helping out. And how many are full time vs part time. Might be the biggest coaching staff in the state.

I don't mind the CYO and youth program hires from within the school district. As said here before , the whole program needs to be rebuilt , and that starts at the youth level on up. I don't get the CYO hires from outside the Ridley area unless they are going to start raiding/recruiting from neighboring parishes a la the PCL

I also like the use of Ridley guys on the staff. I think that's a must for the program and community. The staff looks a little short on experience , and I think 18 may be over kill l but as long as they're not bumping into each other on the sidelines , we will have to see how it plays out.

So all those "facts" about Wood scrambling, having no staff in place, things being a "disaster", Valerio definitely not coming over... Commish?

I know for a fact that wood is desperately trying to get Ridley guys on his staff but it's not working out to well...

this has disaster written all over it

Valero is not going to be there at all...

this is a total disaster...

Things are taking a turn for the worse...

what a sad time for such a great program...

Just horrible at this point....Horrible

so that seems to me he had zero people in place for a staff and the scrambling was beginning...

all you Ridley faithful the panic button has been pushed and the nightmare has just begun. I'm actually enjoying this fiasco...

These are the facts, also a weak staff equals a weak team......Godspeed

Yo, Chicken Little, might be time to give it a rest for a while. I will give you credit where credit is due, you did call Chris Craig returning on the defensive side of the ball; so you're about 1-40 for your predictions. Godspeed.

I guess at one point this was listed. Just Wood and Green listed now. I was interested to read the names.

I guess at one point this was listed. Just Wood and Green listed now. I was interested to read the names.
Gang, at one point yesterday there were something like 18-20 coaches listed on there. Off the top of my head:
Bob Kenig
Joe Valerio
Colin Masterson
Rick Larkin
Kevin McLaughlin
John Anderson
Brian Morris
Chris Craig

I was wondering how they were able to post coaches without school board approval. Next school board meeting is March 7.

I hear Valerio is part time only-2-3 days a week but that could change by August.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT