ADVERTISEMENT

The Battle of the Brandywine, East vs West

King Chesco

Sep 28, 2018
One of or maybe the biggest rivalry in District 1. This years game is going to be one of the best ever. Kottmeyer Stadium will be packed and loud. Two great coaches going head to head.

East is 9-6-1 vs West

Who do you got?

The King will make his prediction by Tuesday. Need to break down some tape.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4i tech
After breaking down hours of film The King has come to a decision.

DWest 28 DEast 18

Both teams have experienced, outstanding coaches. Both teams will have a loud and rowdy crowd. Both teams are playing in their home stadium. Only one team has a division 1 QB, that will be the difference. Friday night, at Kottmeyer Stadium, Howard will be the man and light up the D-East D. That's what great players do.

The King has spoken.

Lets hear it CM league1, Sub1M, MPChes, IA, Relayer, Stalker, 4i

Reactions: 4i tech
After breaking down hours of film The King has come to a decision.

DWest 28 DEast 18

Both teams have experienced, outstanding coaches. Both teams will have a loud and rowdy crowd. Both teams are playing in their home stadium. Only one team has a division 1 QB, that will be the difference. Friday night, at Kottmeyer Stadium, Howard will be the man and light up the D-East D. That's what great players do.

The King has spoken.

Lets hear it CM league1, Sub1M, MPChes, IA, Relayer, Stalker, 4i
Spot on analysis King but the one thing you forgot to mention was throw out records, favorite, etc. With said I agree that West will win but I think 28-21. Close game most of 4 quarters. Im pulling for East as my daughter graduated from there and The back up QB is a nice kid (dating my girlfriends daughter), friend and hopefully starting next year for the Cougars

Tough to say who will win. One thing for sure is DEast has started out slowly in several of their games this year. If they fall behind West like they did last year by a couple of scores, not necessarily a team built to come from behind. Defensively, look for East to blitz Howard early and often and play man coverage behind of it out of a two high shell. I agree with the King, 10-12 point win for West.

D East only chance to win this game is to control the clock and keep West off the field. West offense is to dangerous on the ground and in the air for East to keep up. Give me West -17

Slightly off topic question: if Downingtown was one school, would they compete with SJP this year?

Yes. But asking that is like the topic of playoffs. It's certainly nostalgic but not relevant. Time for everyone to get off the obsession with the Prep and start enjoying all these great games coming up. This is a big week. We have Kottmeyer that will be rocking, North Penn vs Souderton, PW is gonna show if they are for real or not, along with a bunch of other good games. Looking forward to the PR reports and Mid State reports also. I gotta get off this Prep train man, let's get back to fun.

You all have great points. I am very excited to watch this match up. It will be great to sit in a packet stadium watching the game in its purist form.
I will be hitting up Station Taproom before the game. Great Beer and Food!!

This game is always hotly contested. This is in my opinion the best rivalry in SEPA mainly b/c both teams are usually very good and evenly matched. There's also a real feeling of "we're better than you" between the communities. I'll take West this year-27-21

No Christmas cards being exchanged between the two HCs. West will have the 3 best players (QB, TE/DE, RB) on the field Friday night, which will be hard for East to overcome.

Reactions: MPChesco
Yes. But asking that is like the topic of playoffs. It's certainly nostalgic but not relevant. Time for everyone to get off the obsession with the Prep and start enjoying all these great games coming up. This is a big week. We have Kottmeyer that will be rocking, North Penn vs Souderton, PW is gonna show if they are for real or not, along with a bunch of other good games. Looking forward to the PR reports and Mid State reports also. I gotta get off this Prep train man, let's get back to fun.
Agree with you 6....and working on the MSR, out some time this afternoon. As usual, I get long winded.

Reactions: 6daystosaturday
Going to take east with defense winning the game for them with multiple blitz schemes causing havoc on west oline. See you at the TAP mp sub and king. First round on IA Delco if he remembers to bring his wallet!

Guys, I don’t follow/know this like mid-state but have a few thoughts.

West
appears to have a few more weapons with a more experienced high quality Qb in Howard, taking nothing from Person who at 6-4, 6-5 has the great vision and can get it downfield; West has a more versatile offense with high quality players to get it done. Howard, Lewis, Pelkersson standout big….and Rosano, Hale, especially Rosano. Howard to Pelk with Lewis is a D-cord’s nightmare. DE Pelkkersson, DT Bryan plus pretty quick LBs and DBs (smaller in stature) except Williams gives them a strong front. Played more quality teams G-Val, Perk Val, CB So; 20-16 W/L counts all opponents. West PR 232.99, East PR 227.01

East
could slow it down if can establish run with stable of backs and ground-pound philosophy; over 200ry vs PV, 288 vs WC East, 345 Great Val. Big rangy Qb in Person (6-5, 190), numerous small quick skill people to help facilitate that. Receivers Connolly, Marra, Noble and capable backs Uggla, Assante, Bryant, (Diehl?)….and Noble who seems to line up everywhere standout. Coach Matta does some weird plays occasionally West needs to look for, probably involving Noble. Best Opponents, Perk Val, WC East; 16-19 W/L counts all.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT