ADVERTISEMENT

Talks for separate playoffs

mmm, i guess coaching cannot increase the following?
effort
teamwork
selflessness
leadership
toughness
football IQ
technique
etc

Reactions: bucksftball
Isn’t Tom Brady 6’4 225 pounds, was a (for the time) four star recruit - Tom Lemming had him as the #6 quarterback nationally in his class - who played at Michigan, and also got drafted to play professional baseball out of high school? Elite athlete

Last edited:
Reactions: bucksftball
there are thousands of kids in PA, right now, who prob were "not very good" when they were 10 or 11, worked their buts off and became a starter in HS (aka good for high school), then they graduate, and never play again, it happens all the time
Since we're in the 6 class era, lets be honest. There are a ton of schools from the 3A and down that struggle to put a JV team on the field on Saturdays and Mondays. That means if you're in 9th grade, you're probably in the 2 deep right away. Being a starter might be good in title doesn't usually mean you're a good player. You're typically a starter because most schools don't have depth.

Isn’t Tom Brady 6’4 225 pounds, was a (for the time) four star recruit - Tom Lemming had him as the #6 quarterback nationally in his class - who played at Michigan, and also got drafted to play professional baseball out of high school? Elite athlete
He was a 7th round pick. Watch his combine. It was sad and athleticism doesnt pop out too me. He's not a freak athlete like Micheal Vick or Lamar Jackson. He got better with coaching, hard work, and his football iq to become the goat which was my point. Go back and read through the thread.

Reactions: Football-Freaks
I do believe there is/was kids out there that had loads of talent but never reach their true potential because of bad coaching.
maybe but i heard coaches like Bill Cherpak say there are many great coaches that never won championships and even regularly miss the playoffs because they didn't have talent on their rosters

i think a kid with "loads of talent" can still excel at the high school level even with bad coaching

there are coaches with lots of championships that never get mentioned as a great coach because everybody knows his teams had far more talent

2 former coaches at Aliquippa and Clairton come to mind

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT