ADVERTISEMENT

Talent vs Smart Players ?

shfoot

Sep 1, 2001
What do you think guys? If your a coach, do you pick talent over Intelligent players or vise versa?

I know, it's a loaded question just like how do you control a 4.3 40 players speed.

IMO, it depends on the position and the system you're running. An option QB should have speed since he's an all in one.

Smart safety- not great speed but studied film and knows where the ball is being thrown based on formation. Just two of many examples. I thought I'd throw this out there.

Talking High School level? Everyone on here will state that they'd take the smarter player over the more talented player. If you take the smarter player you better be a smarter coach. Talented players hide coaches short comings.

Talking High School level? Everyone on here will state that they'd take the smarter player over the more talented player. If you take the smarter player you better be a smarter coach. Talented players hide coaches short comings.
Agreed CYO as smarter has to at some point translate to talent; Welker, Larry Bird egs, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT