ADVERTISEMENT

Strath Haven 41 vs Ridley 14 Final

Strath Haven?

haven't heard of them since Dan Connor played there
Really! They've gone 27-6 the last 3 years with a 7-0 start this season. Weird slump from 12-15.

shfoot; Congrats. I know you're a happy guy. And, what the hell is going on at Ridley? Almost walked over but it was way too quiet. Thought last year signaled something? Stayed home and watched Solanco edge Elizabethtown in a good one, 35-32 Solanco.

Really! They've gone 27-6 the last 3 years with a 7-0 start this season. Weird slump from 12-15.

shfoot; Congrats. I know you're a happy guy. And, what the hell is going on at Ridley? Almost walked over but it was way too quiet. Thought last year signaled something? Stayed home and watched Solanco edge Elizabethtown in a good one, 35-32 Solanco.
I know they made it to the eastern finals last year. He goes on here to try and argue everything. I don't even respond to his post. He told me central valley recruits, the team uses steroids, and coach renders players had a hate for him. Never has any facts to back anything up and comes on here just to argue.

Reactions: Stalker
Strath Haven?

haven't heard of them since Dan Connor played there
You in a closet?
Won Central League, and districts in 2010. Won districts last year. They will probably be the number two seed in 5A playoffs this year if they win out. Upper Dublin I believe have all 6A games. Souderton could be a challenge for UD.

Thanks guys. We're going to enjoy this one.
I know my sons 2010 team wanted to play Ridley more than anyone, but they weren't on the schedule. The boys did get a joy out of beating Garnet Valley for the first and only time in their history 21-20.

You in a closet?
Won Central League, and districts in 2010. Won districts last year. They will probably be the number two seed in 5A playoffs this year if they win out. Upper Dublin I believe have all 6A games. Souderton could be a challenge for UD.
I'm in Pittsburgh so yeah that is essentially closeted from that area

if those eastern teams don't make it to the state title game, I won't hear anything about them

I know they made it to the eastern finals last year. He goes on here to try and argue everything. I don't even respond to his post. He told me central valley recruits, the team uses steroids, and coach renders players had a hate for him. Never has any facts to back anything up and comes on here just to argue.
LOL "never responds to my posts"

says guy responding to my post now and responds to my posts literally more than anybody on the forum, though you don't respond to my questions like your strange post essentially calling 2017 ECP better than every WPIAL team of all time

where are your "facts" for that claim? time for you to back up your posts with "facts" as you always do for mine, lets hear your "facts" that prove 2017 ECP could beat every WPIAL team since you think they could possibly beat 2017 PR which you ranked number 2 all time

and yes everything i said is true, it is you that argues when i say these things, still wondering why this stuff offends you but that's why I call you Marge Hauswoman

and?

sorry I'm not the expert on all of PA football

did they do anything in the state playoffs? no? then why am I supposed to know their exact record over the last 20 years?

Thanks guys. We're going to enjoy this one.
I know my sons 2010 team wanted to play Ridley more than anyone, but they weren't on the schedule. The boys did get a joy out of beating Garnet Valley for the first and only time in their history 21-20.
sh....have you seen any listings of postseason playoff points/status?

ok to keep on topic with Strath Haven football, who are the best teams in school history?

I saw the 4 teams that made it to Hershey from 99 - 2002, which team was the best? I remember 2000 team was ranked top 25 nationally, that was a great game against West Allegheny

Reactions: newport
havenfootball.net has updated the PIAA list
Thanks shfoot. Haven is looking good for the top spot in a field that looks shaky once past you guys, Up Dub and the wildcard Clippers. While far from a mirage, they're super young (frosh/soph/jrs), preferring to pass almost 50% of time with little playoff experience.

As an outsider, I would say the 1999 team was the best Strath Haven team. The reason is pretty simple and that reason is Mark Jones. Hes 1 of the 3 best HS football players I've personally seen play live. The things he could do on a HS football field were just unbelievable. He looked like he was effortless gliding across the field and nobody could catch him. And he was as good a last line of defense guy in the secondary as I've ever seen. He was worth the price of admission every week you saw him. Went to defending National Champ Tennessee. Saw action on both sides of the ball. Returned a few kicks and punts as well. As a true freshmen. In the SEC

On a side note, I believe he had a stroke or a stroke like illness in the beginning of his senior year. Sat out the first month or so and returned to lead them to the title. Superhuman effort

They were in the Semis last year.
yeah i looked it up and saw that, i just don't remember ever hearing of them being a threat to win a state title

seemed like it was Imhotep and everybody else, which is why it was so shocking when Penn Trafford beat them

As an outsider, I would say the 1999 team was the best Strath Haven team. The reason is pretty simple and that reason is Mark Jones. Hes 1 of the 3 best HS football players I've personally seen play live. The things he could do on a HS football field were just unbelievable. He looked like he was effortless gliding across the field and nobody could catch him. And he was as good a last line of defense guy in the secondary as I've ever seen. He was worth the price of admission every week you saw him. Went to defending National Champ Tennessee. Saw action on both sides of the ball. Returned a few kicks and punts as well. As a true freshmen. In the SEC

On a side note, I believe he had a stroke or a stroke like illness in the beginning of his senior year. Sat out the first month or so and returned to lead them to the title. Superhuman effort
I remember before the 2000 title game the West Allegheny kids saying something like "this team doesn't have Mark Jones" implying they were much more confident in their chances with him being graduated

i can never watch season highlight videos unless i mute it because of the music lol

all their state title games are on youtube

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT