ADVERTISEMENT

STEVE'S VERDICT

In all honesty I could not care less about where these kids go. The ONLY thing that should matter is that the PARENTS decided to put their kid in whatever school they deemed best for their child. The parents make the decision and I am one to believe they have that right. But what do I know?

Reactions: lilromeo
Chuvalo - Myers lives in Coatesville school district. He has for over two years. Harper started high school at Shanahan. Coach has not acknowledged those facts. I'll stand by my facts. One thing pisses me off is clowns like Coach only see it from one side being Catholic/Private only partake in recruit/shady transfer which most know is not truthful. Btw - shanahan academic team took down east west and stem. I'll post the article. Besides the values ..yeah pretty great academics too.
Since we are all grown men on here, I'm not resorting to childish name calling. And I did acknowledge the facts that you stated and respected them as the truth, but funny how you never acknowledged the facts about those recent "transfers" to Shanahan from West that I stated.
If West, East or any other Ches-mont public school has taken part in recruiting/shady transfers, then post real facts, with real details...not just your opinions about a kid like Harper who transferred after his freshman year at Shanahan, in the off-season, to his home school, and how YOU feel that is shady, just so you can make it sound shady.
Now if you posted something like....cville held back some well qualified student-athletes in middle school (one being the HC's son), so to gain athletic advantage, then I would agree with you....shady doings. Fact, by the way.
No doubt Shanahan has great academics (as do the Dtown schools), but don't include values with that when the HC is poaching kids from other schools rosters.

Since we are all grown men on here, I'm not resorting to childish name calling. And I did acknowledge the facts that you stated and respected them as the truth, but funny how you never acknowledged the facts about those recent "transfers" to Shanahan from West that I stated.
If West, East or any other Ches-mont public school has taken part in recruiting/shady transfers, then post real facts, with real details...not just your opinions about a kid like Harper who transferred after his freshman year at Shanahan, in the off-season, to his home school, and how YOU feel that is shady, just so you can make it sound shady.
Now if you posted something like....cville held back some well qualified student-athletes in middle school (one being the HC's son), so to gain athletic advantage, then I would agree with you....shady doings. Fact, by the way.
No doubt Shanahan has great academics (as do the Dtown schools), but don't include values with that when the HC is poaching kids from other schools rosters.
Poaching ------ if a parent pulls his kid out of a school and sends him to another the parent must perceive either a deficit in the original school and/or a benefit in the new school. No matter what that is the move is predicated on doing what they feel is best for their child. Poaching insinuates by force----- no one transfers a kid except their, presumably, loving and caring parents.

Reactions: lilromeo
CL1 seems like Dyw answered your questions to the best of his ability. Why not answer his about kids leaving West to attend and play for Shanahan. Not saying this happened at all just a thought. If Harper were asked to leave Shanahan, behavior or academic reasons, wouldn't he have no choice bu tto attend DWEST, his local public school, provided no other private school would take him. As far as Myers is concerned, all he has to do is prove residence in Downingtown Area and there is nothing Coatesville can do. Parents could be split or in the case of a past qb at one of the Downingtown schools whose parents lived in OJ Roberts school district but they bought an apartment in Downingtown so he could go to school at East. They were able to prove residence whether he actually lived there or not.

Poaching ------ if a parent pulls his kid out of a school and sends him to another the parent must perceive either a deficit in the original school and/or a benefit in the new school. No matter what that is the move is predicated on doing what they feel is best for their child. Poaching insinuates by force----- no one transfers a kid except their, presumably, loving and caring parents.

You guys do know in the PIAA by laws under Article 6 parents can't transfer their kids for athletic reasons.

You guys do know in the PIAA by laws under Article 6 parents can't transfer their kids for athletic reasons.
CB West QB to North Penn, Wood QB last year to Quakertown , If that's whats best for the athlete so be it IMO.

CB West QB to North Penn, Wood QB last year to Quakertown , If that's whats best for the athlete so be it IMO.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm only stating what the rules are, nothing more.

The PIAA does look differently at kids transferring from catholic/private schools back to their home public school. Every kid has a legal right to at least a minimum of a public school education in the school district where he resides. So if a kid living in downingtown gets kicked out of shanahan , or cannot afford the tuition anymore , downingtown has no choice but to accept the kid. It happens all the time just not with athletes. The PIAA would never be able to stop that. I do t even think the PIAA labels that a transfer.

The PIAA does look differently at kids transferring from catholic/private schools back to their home public school. Every kid has a legal right to at least a minimum of a public school education in the school district where he resides. So if a kid living in downingtown gets kicked out of shanahan , or cannot afford the tuition anymore , downingtown has no choice but to accept the kid. It happens all the time just not with athletes. The PIAA would never be able to stop that. I do t even think the PIAA labels that a transfer.
That to me is a loophole if true.e.g. End from LaSalle transferred to Upper Dublin . The logical move would be to transfer to McDevitt , another Catholic School at much less cost, but knowing UD was going to have a good team this year POW UD the choice. I may be off base with this one , but I'm sure there are many examples similar to this. I still would support open transfers ,to eliminate the issue. Let the students attend whatever school they want to attend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT