ADVERTISEMENT

Speed

ChesmontLeague1

Jul 26, 2012
I just saw Shanahan's 2015 schedule and other than Oxford replacing Octorara as the crossover game they are playing same teams from 2014. I thought you indicated Shanahan and Ridley were playing this season? Is it still in works?

From wha I undrrstand , yes, it's still in the works. Central is going to an 8 game schedule this year , give ing each team 2 non league games to open the season. Ridley had GMills and shanahan penciled in as the two non league games. They only drawbacks I heard which may change this was the concern that bit games wre AAA squads.

I know they are defintely playing Springfield next year. As a matter of fact, this has been designated as a rivalry game within the central league. Apparently, each team will retain one game every year which will survive any rotating schedules, AAAA/AAA classes etc. LM/Radnor, SHaven/Penncrest, Ridley/Springfield are 3 rivalry games that I know of. From a scheduling point of view, the issue is whether or not the "rivalry" games will count as a league game or as one of the 2 non league games.

Garnet Valley is playing Shanahan in Week 2. Central gets 2 out of conference games now

EDIT: Didnt mean Shanahan, meant Bonner
This post was edited on 2/10 10:37 PM by PAFootball2012

Garnet Valley is playing Bonner week 2. I'd love to see Shanahan play Ridley and Garnet Valley but throw those games in with the league games and it would be one of the more difficult schedules in all of District 1.

JK:

As far as I know,the 8 game league scheduled has been agreed to by all schools. The proposal came from several AAA schools who were concerned about getting walloped every year by the AAAA schools. How ironic that a AAA school ( Springfield) ending up winning the league and beating every AAAA on its schedules.

The big issue Im told is how these rivaly games are treated and if every school has to play a rivalry game. Not every school has what would appear to be a natural rival, and not all natural rivals are AAAA vs AAA( Haverford/UD for example). Under the 9 game schedule, AAAA teams played AAA teams 4 times in 6 years( or something like that) and each AAAA vs. AAA counted as a league game. So not every game was accounted for under the 9 game schedule ( last year Ridley did not play Springfield as an example). Under ther 8 game proposal Ridley and Springfield would pplay every year, Penncrest would play SHaven every year etc. If the rivalry game is a league game, you still have 2 open dates to fill. If its not a league game, then you only have 1 open date. And if Ridley has to play Springfield every year as its rival, but Conestoga is plyaing Harriton every year, then there is an inherent inequity in the league schedule from the jump.

I know the Chestmont and PCL have these league mandated cross over or rivaly games every year, but I do not think they count as a league game. Chest or Burr probably can speak better on this then myself.

So if the mandated rivalry games don't count as a CL game, Ridley would be back to 1 open date (8 league games + Springfield)?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT