ADVERTISEMENT

Some big scores

Stalker

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2001
Upper Moreland 35-14 Ply White: Any one whose seen PW probably thought the axe would fall next week not this so except for the margin it's not really a shocker 'tho a and BIG BIG win for AAA-UM,
WC East 31-30 Coats: Wow, saw this one and have rarely seen Raiders so porous on D. Qb JJ Roberts has been the real deal for a few now and is always fun to watch. East has some players!
Liberty 41-34 Park: Parkland defense ???? Lib's Qb is just fun to watch! Quite of a race in the EPC-S
Susquehanna Twp 35-26 McDevitt: City rivalry of Triple-A's tho McDevitt has moved to suburban Harrisburg. McD graduated a fine team but Hanna has the horses. Always do and something of an enigma why they aren't more of a consistent player. QB Ben Moser is a load. No D3 lock for McD this year!
Paramus Cath 19-16 Don Bosco: Paramus came into game 1-3 but losses were to Eastern Christian, Gilman and Bergen Cath.

** Any thoughts on WC East's win diminishing Dtown-W's win over Coatesville the week before and narrow vs Shanahan?

Reactions: jasfootball
Coatesville was missing 3 defensive starters so no it does not diminish DT West win. Also credit WC East

Upper Moreland 35-14 Ply White: Any one whose seen PW probably thought the axe would fall next week not this so except for the margin it's not really a shocker 'tho a and BIG BIG win for AAA-UM,
WC East 31-30 Coats: Wow, saw this one and have rarely seen Raiders so porous on D. Qb JJ Roberts has been the real deal for a few now and is always fun to watch. East has some players!
Liberty 41-34 Park: Parkland defense ???? Lib's Qb is just fun to watch! Quite of a race in the EPC-S
Susquehanna Twp 35-26 McDevitt: City rivalry of Triple-A's tho McDevitt has moved to suburban Harrisburg. McD graduated a fine team but Hanna has the horses. Always do and something of an enigma why they aren't more of a consistent player. QB Ben Moser is a load. No D3 lock for McD this year!
Paramus Cath 19-16 Don Bosco: Paramus came into game 1-3 but losses were to Eastern Christian, Gilman and Bergen Cath.

** Any thoughts on WC East's win diminishing Dtown-W's win over Coatesville the week before and narrow vs Shanahan?
Stalker - I witnessed Shanahan at DWest and DWest did not look like a district title contender. To add Ive seen DTE several times (my daughter cheers for them) and DEast is the best team. They are big and physical on offense. They will pound the ball down the smaller DWest defense and wear them down. When thats not working they will spread the o and either hit the pass or QB run. To add they run the no huddle. The only weakness I see is Healy hitting the consistent long ball. DEast defense gets stronger as the game goes on. They have only 1 guy who plays both ways plus Angeline rotates in for pass rush so defense won't be warn down at end of game. They have an excellent middle linebacker and pretty good and fast DBs who can cover. DEast is the top Chesmont. My apologies for ruffling feathers but they pretty much handled Garnet Valley and Neshaminy in preseason and physically beat up North Penn. Remember I'm a Shanahan guy giving this assessment. Playoffs you always have teams pop up but I'm hoping we get a game against a Pennsburry or Upper Dublin. No disrespect but let's see how they match up.

Roberts has been a starter since he was a freshman. Nice arm, can run and a tough competitor, just hasn't had a team around him. Thought i read Navy for him after HS. Would never diminish a DTW win over Cville but the Red Raider D is not what it was the last few seasons. Last nights win over Shanahan although sloppy, I'll take it. West was without RB Riddick #30 but I think missing Hammond #74 in the middle of the Dline might have been even a bigger factor. Shanahan took advantage and ran the ball well in first half, picking up 6-7 on 1st down repeatedly. Factor in 3 TO's by West, (Shanahan employed a strip the ball strategy all night) kept the Eagles in it all night. You can also factor in cross-town rivalry, alot of these kids having grown up playing ball together plus Costin is a monster. Shanahan came in ready to play and nearly left with a win and I think they give both DTE and Cville a game. Big issue going forward are injuries taking a toll on the Whippets, lost another D lineman (#54 Peterson 3 yr starter), had been in a boot for stress fracture last couple of weeks, suited up last night but left on crutches. Lost O linemen #66 West early, never returned. The Whippets have WC East, WC Henderson and Avon Grove before the season ending battle with DTE.

Interesting view ChesmontLeague1 and good stuff, thanks. I thought West might have the edge at start of season with more starters back but things change as we get into it. I hear you too and think the NPenn win was telling in strong way for East, Uville too who always bring a respectable team to the field.
Hey, nothing wrong with telling it like it is. I commented on Up More beating Ply White similarly, no dis meant but PW wasn't a strong team and in no way a shocker unless your key is only on the previous 5-0 record.
Good luck to surprising Shanahan!

Chesmont2 - I agree that the crosstown/inter DASD rivalry could swing the Battle of the Brandywine any game any year. This is going to a very good one. DWest is going to be a little vulnerable if the injury bugs hits them come playoff time. It's nice to see Branden Myers, Mattioni, etc succeed as I watched them many years in DYW.

Stalker - To add to Chesmont2 point but spinning it over to DTE I see The Cougars rotating d lineman in and out. DTE seems to have some depth. As far as Shanahan since I follow them I won't be surprised if they compete w Pottsgrove year in and out for the AAAA district title once we go to 6 classes. Shanahan has built a solid program and with 68 guys on the roster many underclass men contributors plus a the turf and lights it's very much energized the Shanahan student body and administration they will continue to be a solid middle of road or higher in the Chesmont Nationals. Many have been waiting for Sister Maureen ( I like her) to leave and now they have a lay person who just became principal. This will bump all the sports up another notch due to the Sisters not wanting to make noise in the community. Mark my word.

All this excitement for Shanahan because they lost by 10 (should have been 17) to a dwest team that is now beatable and no longer a d1 threat and obviously no match for Deast? Ok.

Coatesville was missing 3 defensive starters so no it does not diminish DT West win. Also credit WC East

btm, I know the Young boy was out. Who else was injured? Seems dwest and Cville game took a bit of a toll on both....

Zip - Sorry you aren't a Shanahan fan. If you and I watched the same game last night I think we witnessed a Shanahan offense move the ball on DWest for most of the 2nd quarter on. If it wasn't for the interception ( you know the one that hit the Shanahan kid in the hands which bounced up and he retrieved shortly before it as wrestled out) in the end zone with about 6 minutes to go we be looking at a different score. I'm tired of the moaning that DWest lost a player or two but Shanahan was missing a lineman plus it best wr and db. DWest best wins were against questionable teams Neshaminy and Coatesville. As Myers said they punched DWest in the mouth and should have had that game. What will be the excuse when the Whippets lose?

Zip - Sorry you aren't a Shanahan fan. If you and I watched the same game last night I think we witnessed a Shanahan offense move the ball on DWest for most of the 2nd quarter on. If it wasn't for the interception ( you know the one that hit the Shanahan kid in the hands which bounced up and he retrieved shortly before it as wrestled out) in the end zone with about 6 minutes to go we be looking at a different score. I'm tired of the moaning that DWest lost a player or two but Shanahan was missing a lineman plus it best wr and db. DWest best wins were against questionable teams Neshaminy and Coatesville. As Myers said they punched DWest in the mouth and should have had that game. What will be the excuse when the Whippets lose?

Your kidding right??????? Excuse for what?? Dwest won. Did you ever play football? If you lose a game, you don't say "well if this happened or that happened, we would have won". That is called "excuses" and losers use "excuses". If/when West loses, the team and their supporters will take it like men and not belittle the other team opponents and past victories. I hope you enjoy DTE blowing out cville this week because they are so inferior.

Your kidding right??????? Excuse for what?? Dwest won. Did you ever play football? If you lose a game, you don't say "well if this happened or that happened, we would have won". That is called "excuses" and losers use "excuses". If/when West loses, the team and their supporters will take it like men and not belittle the other team opponents and past victories. I hope you enjoy DTE blowing out cville this week because they are so inferior.
I'm not kidding and I stand by my statement that DWest did not look like a district 1 champion contender. What does playing football have to do with my points? Yes. I played 7 years of football. Point is I've seen several excuses that DWest played a bad game because of being hung over from the Coatesville win or they weren't as good because of injury. You sound like you are speaking out of rose color glasses. I'll present you w an article from an unobjective writer who saw the game as I did. Shanahan is tough and played a great game. I expect a close Cville - DTE game as Cville is reeling from two loses. It's hard to predict the DWest game as they should win plus East is still celebrating it best win in years or East has been unluckily this season (check out the stats and write ups) and it won't surprise if they push DWest. Based on what I've seen DEast is tops. Either way I'm just looking for some good contests.

Well, it all comes out in the wash guys, this week's wash with Dt-West playing a WC East team very much in it at 2-1 in conference. Roberts is such a game changer and it will be interesting seeing if all that emotion can be managed after one of their biggest wins in years. You know West will be focused getting a game from Shanahan (their toughest to date according to some of the players) up 20-16 end of 3rd. Shanahan is also 2-1 in the Nat with only AGrove, Henderson and....how weird is this....Coatesville (largely) out of it at 1-2.
But....I think the issues this week for DtEast are going to Coatesville against a team with it's back to the wall, scratching and clawing to make the playoffs. An 0-2 run is new turf for Coatesville and Ortega who hasn't lost three in a row since York, 2006. Should be a very difficult game for East to control with Coatesville backed into a corner and Coach Ortega having them pumped.

Agree. The league stronger/more balanced than it originally appeared. I haven't seen replay of cville wc east yet. Ups and downs are to be expected and I would not count cville out just yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT