ADVERTISEMENT

Slovis to Portal....

Jurkovec to Pitt
Bad mouthing your previous University shows he needs to mature mentally and can’t be good for securing a new D1 landing spot (maybe a step down to Lehigh or Delaware might be best for him). Good luck to him.

Bad mouthing your previous University shows he needs to mature mentally and can’t be good for securing a new D1 landing spot (maybe a step down to Lehigh or Delaware might be best for him). Good luck to him.
Won't this be Jurkovec's 6th college season? I realize he missed some time (1.5 seasons?) due to injury, but this still seems kind of strange.

Reactions: ChesmontLeague1
In hindsight, wouldn’t he have been sticking around at Notre Dame and just replacing book when he graduated rather than getting impatient and hopping around?

Reactions: ChesmontLeague1
Kid threw for 2,500 yards and accounted for 20 TDs as an ACC starter on a bowl team, I don’t think he needed to go to Duquesne to be a viable college quarterback. He was closer to playing at Ohio State out of high school than Duquesne.

That said, I do think jumping ship at ND was a net negative for both parties. Notre Dame has been looking for a QB since Book graduated, and Jurkovec very easily could have started there in 2021 and 2022 and been an upgrade over what they had. He also would have been on a much better team, and not gotten the shit beaten out of him behind a terrible offensive line, which led to season ending injuries the last two seasons.

Reactions: new2pa
regarding Phil J

on one hand, i would agree, 3 different schools looks shaky... but here's the flipside-

1) qbs often transfer- these QBs played 2 places before going pro- Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts, Spencer Rattler. Heck, Aaron Rogers went 2to different colleges, BEFORE the days of covid "extra year" or new transfer rules, or NIL deals-
2) Jurkovec could have "stayed loyal" but at ND his HC and "left" and also at BC, his off coordinator left- so why should players be more loyal than coaches?
3) Ben Dinucci- seems mostly regarded as a good dude and a "good story" but here's his story- first committed maybe in Feb on 12th grade, to Penn, maybe a month later, got a PWO and went to Pitt- went to Pitt for 2 years, then transferred to JMU... then went to Dallas and made about a million bucks

DiNucci was a scholarship kid at Pitt.
not really worth debating but im pretty sure he started at Pitt as a walk-on, then they gave him a scholarship later, maybe even the first year- and im pretty sure i learned this from one of the coaches or player parents- lots of these "offers" that kids announce are either not real offers, and/or some of them are actually PWOs, with "promises" of money... later

not really worth debating but im pretty sure he started at Pitt as a walk-on, then they gave him a scholarship later, maybe even the first year- and im pretty sure i learned this from one of the coaches or player parents- lots of these "offers" that kids announce are either not real offers, and/or some of them are actually PWOs, with "promises" of money... later
he was on scholarship immediately, they just offered him late almost near signing day

Jurkovec has not lived up to the hype, one of the best high school quaterbacks i ever saw but i don't think he has much of a future in football

isn't very accurate, throws a lot of ducks, and can't stay healthy

then again I thought Dinucci was one of the worst college quarterbacks i ever saw at Pitt, with a little luck Phil might get a shot and stick to a roster just like him

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT