ADVERTISEMENT

SJP Schedule

tulla

Oct 27, 2004
Just saw SJP's schedule posted on the school website: https://www.sjprep.org/team-detail?fromId=291024&Team=290804&SeasonLabel=2024 - 2025&siteId=1402

Quite different from last year when they had five non-league regular season games (IMG, St. Peter's, Lakeland, Bosco, and Archbishop Spalding). Now there are just three (St. Edward's, Erasmus, and Good Counsel with only Erasmus in Philly, Franklin Field). There's one more league game since both B-P and O'Hara have joined the PCL Red (bigger schools) division while Wood has gone to Blue and so is no longer on the schedule. No indication if the LaSalle game is at Franklin Field. Roman, Bonner, and Judge are listed as home games but there's nothing about where "home" will be.

Just saw SJP's schedule posted on the school website: https://www.sjprep.org/team-detail?fromId=291024&Team=290804&SeasonLabel=2024 - 2025&siteId=1402

Quite different from last year when they had five non-league regular season games (IMG, St. Peter's, Lakeland, Bosco, and Archbishop Spalding). Now there are just three (St. Edward's, Erasmus, and Good Counsel with only Erasmus in Philly, Franklin Field). There's one more league game since both B-P and O'Hara have joined the PCL Red (bigger schools) division while Wood has gone to Blue and so is no longer on the schedule. No indication if the LaSalle game is at Franklin Field. Roman, Bonner, and Judge are listed as home games but there's nothing about where "home" will be.
So 8 regular season games and then assuming a bye week again to start the playoffs?

So 8 regular season games and then assuming a bye week again to start the playoffs?
Whether there is a bye week depends on the number of 6A teams in the PCL. It looks to me that there are only two: LaSalle and SJP. That means they probably each have a bye week before they play each other or before the winner plays the PPL 6A winner, very likely IMHOTEP.

My guess is that SJP would have preferred more games, but there must have been problems with timing, costs, etc. Not sure why none of the three teams they travelled a distance to play last year (Lakeland, Bosco, and Spalding) is coming to Philly.

I believe they are going to lose to St Edwards and GC. If they would schedule two more similar opponents they could have 4 losses going into their PCL schedule. I think Lasalle and Roman will be difficult games for them. And I assume they are protecting the brand while they develop their QB situation.

Last edited:
I believe they are going to lose to St Edwards and GC. If they would schedule two more similar opponents they could have 4 losses going into their PCL schedule. I think Lasalle and Roman will be difficult games for them. And I assume they are protecting the brand while they develop their QB situation.
Given that their QB has no varsity experience, that they are replacing four of six starters on the O-line, and that they have very little experience in the defensive backfield, the early games could be especially tough.

thought they returned both safeties
Pretty sure Ryan McDonald is the only returning starter among the DBs. They lost Agard (their best DB), Johnson, Willie, and Drangula to graduation. Maybe another underclassman started a game or two when someone was injured.

Long season ahead,but assuming Prep vs Imhotep District 12 championship should be well attended and be a slugfest. Hope it happens.

Rumor is ESPN has reached out to LaSalle about putting the Prep game on ESPN. The problem is finding a Friday night venue that can accommodate ESPN. It won’t be Franklin Field.

Reactions: lilromeo
Pretty sure Ryan McDonald is the only returning starter among the DBs. They lost Agard (their best DB), Johnson, Willie, and Drangula to graduation. Maybe another underclassman started a game or two when someone was injured.
I'm assuming sophomore Brandon Lockley will step in at one of the safety spots - just looking on the stat sheet, he made more tackles last year than Willie and Drangula. Penn State, Duke, and BC have offered him. 6'2 215, maybe he's bulked up to linebacker, but a pretty talented kid to slot in. Colaberdino is back too, he had the 2nd most tackles by a defensive back last year after McDonald. I don't know the roster as intimately as you, but just looking on the stat sheet they return some production back there, even losing a Power 2 guy like Agard and some other productive kids.

The DBs also get a nice little bit of help with Cameron Smith, Anthony Sacca, Max Roy, and Alex Haskell in front of them.

Reactions: bucksftball
I'm assuming sophomore Brandon Lockley will step in at one of the safety spots - just looking on the stat sheet, he made more tackles last year than Willie and Drangula. Penn State, Duke, and BC have offered him. 6'2 215, maybe he's bulked up to linebacker, but a pretty talented kid to slot in. Colaberdino is back too, he had the 2nd most tackles by a defensive back last year after McDonald. I don't know the roster as intimately as you, but just looking on the stat sheet they return some production back there, even losing a Power 2 guy like Agard and some other productive kids.

The DBs also get a nice little bit of help with Cameron Smith, Anthony Sacca, Max Roy, and Alex Haskell in front of them.
Roy is out for season. Injury.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT