ADVERTISEMENT

SJP-LaSalle Attendance

Tulla -
There's no logic with the elitist inferioritites.

The attendance was down slightly due the weather, expected outcome and Friday night at NE stadium is logistic challenge.

Sadly, you're getting a dose of the passive aggressiveness that is all too familiar in Sallieland. Just like last thread, it's the slippery slope, 'we're better in all the other sports'.... 'venture to say more championships than all others combined'!? Now that's a slap across the whole PCL.

How did we get from attendance to this? A loss brings on the inferior superiority complex. The fields are nice but in reality, very few colleges have fields directly outside of the dorms and therefore, it's reasonable to suggest that fields on a separate area or campus suit a player better for next level if that's what they choose. Fundamentally, it involves time management and adaptation, two things among others that you don't learn in the classroom and suggests that there are more lessons outside the classroom in SJP's environment.

res ipsa loquitur..

The facts are LaSalle is not and will not win the arms race against SJP as it pertains to football. As long as the current regimes are in place this fact is an absolute, sad but true.... but maybe not??

The current chairman of BOT's, a dear friend and the Wizard of Wyndmoor, a man who has given more time, $ and sincere devotion to his alma mater than anyone I know will not dispute that reality.

Yes, we have wonderful facilities and a beautiful campus, an envy to most Delaware Valley schools, and they're getting nicer. The school is fairly well endowed, no one at LaSalle is standing on the corner with a cup in their hand..... but the LaSallian approach has been and assume will continue to be provide support to all the athletic and academic endeavors equally, attempt to compete at the highest level regardless of activity. There is no concentration of monies being directed at one or few team sports. It is virtually impossible at this time to maintain that financial directive and compete with our Jesuit friends on the gridiron. I think Tulla said it best, if SJP wants a football player/s, they'll get him/them (paraphrase). LS doesn't have the means to attain that high football ceiling and still maintain their current support MO..... IMHO.
As long as Infante remains coach and their current support mechanism in place, their football program is devoted to winning state titles and achieving the national recognition it has currently obtained. Even if Gabe was to leave, I doubt their football MO would change much.

As for the number of PCL/City/State championships LaSalle has won along all sports lines in comparison to their PCL rivals in the last 7+ years, perhaps you need to do a bit more research my friend....... it's not "a slap in the face", it's reality brother!!

The wizard speaketh! I also mis-spoketh! My thoughts seemed so coherent until Tull outed me! My point was LS can get in a district semi-final every year and then you never know. In that environment, LS can take a win every so many years. Some years will be more intense than others. Also side note....Prep's Oline will be bigger and better next year than this year. As I said...the ball is further down the field than people know.

I'm old enough to remember much of that history--my first PCL game was watiching SJP play a Tommy DeFelice-led West Catholic in, I think, '63. BUT I don't think many of today's students and recent alumni would see any major difference between what was at stake Friday night and what was at stake in the game last year at P-W.
One of my firsts was West Catholic/ Bishop Egan for the CL championship with DeFelice and RB Bobby Mahan who went to Michigan State. They also had a very good Tackle Angelo DeMaciantonio. Kinda went off topic .

res ipsa loquitur..

The facts are LaSalle is not and will not win the arms race against SJP as it pertains to football. As long as the current regimes are in place this fact is an absolute, sad but true.... but maybe not??

The current chairman of BOT's, a dear friend and the Wizard of Wyndmoor, a man who has given more time, $ and sincere devotion to his alma mater than anyone I know will not dispute that reality.

Yes, we have wonderful facilities and a beautiful campus, an envy to most Delaware Valley schools, and they're getting nicer. The school is fairly well endowed, no one at LaSalle is standing on the corner with a cup in their hand..... but the LaSallian approach has been and assume will continue to be provide support to all the athletic and academic endeavors equally, attempt to compete at the highest level regardless of activity. There is no concentration of monies being directed at one or few team sports. It is virtually impossible at this time to maintain that financial directive and compete with our Jesuit friends on the gridiron. I think Tulla said it best, if SJP wants a football player/s, they'll get him/them (paraphrase). LS doesn't have the means to attain that high football ceiling and still maintain their current support MO..... IMHO.
As long as Infante remains coach and their current support mechanism in place, their football program is devoted to winning state titles and achieving the national recognition it has currently obtained. Even if Gabe was to leave, I doubt their football MO would change much.

As for the number of PCL/City/State championships LaSalle has won along all sports lines in comparison to their PCL rivals in the last 7+ years, perhaps you need to do a bit more research my friend....... it's not "a slap in the face", it's reality brother!!

For those of you trying to follow along at home, yesman's 'MO' = modus operandi. Yesman is a big fan of Latin. Personally, I prefer Pig Latin.

Again, please tell me why schools like Ridley, Garnet Valley, Coatesville have to go thru these preps schools to win a state championship? Drain The Swamp!

Again, please tell me why schools like Ridley, Garnet Valley, Coatesville have to go thru these preps schools to win a state championship? Drain The Swamp!
Joe,you must ot remember the years that the debates went on between the PIAA #1 rated team stating they could beat the Phila. Catholic League champs. and vice versa. Well, everyone got what they wished for ,that being a true state champion. The exception of course is the Inter-Ac league. So there you have it Joe.

As Lilromeo said so succinctly, the PIAA asked for it and they got it. The PIAA wanted the Catholics money. Pure and simple.

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
After all these debates, this falls squarely on the PIAA. All complaints should go there, not to anywhere else.

Ok Joe! Couple things, last year who came out of the East? It would be Parkland! Guess what, they are a PUBLIC school, genius! One other thing, lets use Garnet Valley, why are those kids choosing to attend lets say St. Joseph Prep? Facilities are MUCH better and I would venture to say the education is just as good? I will be waiting for your response.

Reactions: lilromeo
Let's just follow the lead of Ohio and new Jersey, keep like with like so as to compare apples to apples. Easy

Sorry tulla, talks are in the works, as per my father in law who is out in Ohio.
It will be interesting to see what Ohio actually decides. I heard from a guy at St. Ignatius in Cleveland that Ohio will likely decide to keep the status quo. As for Jersey, I don't think it's a system to emulate. It seems to have resulted in some of the "North Jersey powers" engaging in some questionable practices and in the gap between "public" and "non-public" schools widening--to the point where many--maybe most--think of the public school champions as the "B group champions." That's what I hear, anyway. I can't say it's a consensus opinion.

I don't think Pennsylvania is near the point where public schools can't compete. (Do people not want to see games like SJP-Pine Richland from two years ago?) And I expect that with the way education is going we'll be seeing more charter schools (i.e. no fixed boundaries or very wide boundaries) opening across the state.

May just be way of the world, people will have to suck it up and accept it, just like a trump white house.

I don't think Pennsylvania is near the point where public schools can't compete. (Do people not want to see games like SJP-Pine Richland from two years ago?) And I expect that with the way education is going we'll be seeing more charter schools (i.e. no fixed boundaries or very wide boundaries) opening across the state.

I agree, there are plenty more examples. How about the 2 CBW-ECP games in the late 90's? Beca-Parkland in 2002 in front of 15,000 at BASD. CBW-Beca at Lehigh in '99. Lasalle-NP had a couple great east finals. How about the atmosphere at Kottmeyer for Coatesville-LaSalle? We could go on and on. I don't want to see the separation.

I think where people have issues are schools like Imhotep, Wood and ECP not playing up with the big boys. Watching Wood and Tep get to Hershey this year will be another yawnfest.

It will be interesting to see what Ohio actually decides. I heard from a guy at St. Ignatius in Cleveland that Ohio will likely decide to keep the status quo. As for Jersey, I don't think it's a system to emulate. It seems to have resulted in some of the "North Jersey powers" engaging in some questionable practices and in the gap between "public" and "non-public" schools widening--to the point where many--maybe most--think of the public school champions as the "B group champions." That's what I hear, anyway. I can't say it's a consensus opinion.

Nope! People want to see everyone get a trophy

Ok Joe! Couple things, last year who came out of the East? It would be Parkland! Guess what, they are a PUBLIC school, genius! One other thing, lets use Garnet Valley, why are those kids choosing to attend lets say St. Joseph Prep? Facilities are MUCH better and I would venture to say the education is just as good? I will be waiting for your response.
Are you asking why kids leave public to go to private schools? I would think it's to play on a better team and better exposure to the Next Level? What's your point?

Are you asking why kids leave public to go to private schools? I would think it's to play on a better team and better exposure to the Next Level? What's your point?
Where did the TE from Downingtown East from last year go? listen if a kid is good the College Coaches find them. My point is maybe these coaches and people who complain go to their middle school games and stay in touch with these kids and they won't leave their local school for The LaSalle'should and SJP of the world

May just be way of the world, people will have to suck it up and accept it, just like a trump white house.
Agree cover, and the Inter-Ac is doing a great job in getting top notch talent ,so that's more competition in the Delaware Valley. There are numerous Public Schools that have very successful programs and can compete with anyone almost every year.

Where did the TE from Downingtown East from last year go? listen if a kid is good the College Coaches find them. My point is maybe these coaches and people who complain go to their middle school games and stay in touch with these kids and they won't leave their local school for The LaSalle'should and SJP of the world
Excellent point, the good coaches do that, you don't see Rustin hockey players leaving to play for LaSalle

I don't think NJ is the system Pa. should want to change to. NJ divides the public schools into 5 groups according to size. They also divide the state into 4 sections geographically. The winners in the 5 groups in 4 sections win "sectional championships" and call themselves "State Champs". So there are 20 "state champs" in the public schools. The private/parochials are divided into A and B according to size and crown a statewide champion for each division. That's 22 "State Champions". There is another vote this year to divide the privates into 4 geographic sections, which produce an additional 6 State Champions. That's 28 "State Champions" if you are counting.

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT