8/22 Scrimmage St. Joseph Regional most likely South Philly super site

after IMG than a bye, than PCL

8/30 Marietta in Marietta, Georgia
9/6 St. John's College DC at Rutgers
9/14 IMG(home) site TBD

8/17 Scrimmage DeMatha most likely South Philly super site

Any idea why a Philly team would play a DC team at Rutgers?

Tulla its basically the same deal as last year where we played St. Peter's, just we are not playing a Jersey team. Our kids get the opportunity to play at Rutgers, also hope to get a national TV game.
Thanks. I always thought that the idea for the games at Rutgers was to have North Jersey teams play teams from other areas, so I was surprised by this match-up. Not a big deal, but I don't suppose there will be many in the stands from either school.

One question for now: any other changes so far to the coaching staff at SJP? I assume Roken will be bringing in or promoting someone to his former role.

Going to be a tough game in Marietta who's building a program under a great coach, Richard Morgan via Oscar Smith HS, VA with the #3 or #4 pocket passing Qb in country, Harrison Bailey; 6-4 220, sr. Ramped schedule up last year playing Rome, Good Counsel, Grayson, St. Johns. Play at 7A, largest.

Thanks. I always thought that the idea for the games at Rutgers was to have North Jersey teams play teams from other areas, so I was surprised by this match-up. Not a big deal, but I don't suppose there will be many in the stands from either school.

One question for now: any other changes so far to the coaching staff at SJP? I assume Roken will be bringing in or promoting someone to his former role.
Tulla all coaches have remained. A former player is coming aboard and a former freshman coach will be joining staff as well. Yes promotion comes from within.

Going to be a tough game in Marietta who's building a program under a great coach, Richard Morgan via Oscar Smith HS, VA with the #3 or #4 pocket passing Qb in country, Harrison Bailey; 6-4 220, sr. Ramped schedule up last year playing Rome, Good Counsel, Grayson, St. Johns. Play at 7A, largest.
Staker I agree, this is not a easy game at all. We have our hands full and need to play well

I assume Roken will still call the offense even though he will promote someone to OC. Who will call the defense? Who is the former player coming on board?

It is really cool to see a local team playing national powerhouses like this. I will be rooting for them in these out of state games. I think they will hold their own.

Reactions: MC1975
8/30 Marietta in Marietta, Georgia
9/6 St. John's College DC at Rutgers
9/14 IMG(home) site TBD

8/17 Scrimmage DeMatha most likely South Philly super site

Nice schedule. Prep might be catching IMG at the right time. They are expected to be down a little in 2019, according to Tom Lemming. But it's possible that could change as more transfers come to IMG.

Being home won't hurt either, especially at that time of year.

Would like to see them come to Miami to play Carol City or Miami Central.

Last edited:
Nice schedule. Prep might be catching IMG at the right time. They are expected to be down a little in 2019, according to Tom Lemming. But it's possible that could change as more transfers come to IMG.

Being home won't hurt either, especially at that time of year.

Would like to see them come to Miami to play Carol City or Miami Central.
Hey nj what's up. I like you idea of playing some of the Miami-area teams. I'd think St.Thomas Aquinas is a natural as well in Lauderdale.

Hey nj what's up. I like you idea of playing some of the Miami-area teams. I'd think St.Thomas Aquinas is a natural as well in Lauderdale.
Doing well Stalker; hope you are too.

Aquinas would be a good option and probably more natural as another Catholic school. But they have been soft lately compared to the top-level Miami schools. Saw Aquinas lose by 43-27 last September to Miami Central and in the last minute in 2016 to Booker T. Washington. Their record against the top Dade County teams isn't good lately. And they lose a lot from 2018, but should be able to reload.

I'd say Prep would be favored by 4 at Aquinas and an underdog by 7 and 10 at Miami Central and Carol City, respectively. But it's early.

Lots of recruiting by the public schools down here. Kids make moves after sophomore and junior years. Sometimes it's the kid or the parent initiating the move, although most people don't want to believe that.

Doing well Stalker; hope you are too.

Aquinas would be a good option and probably more natural as another Catholic school. But they have been soft lately compared to the top-level Miami schools. Saw Aquinas lose by 43-27 last September to Miami Central and in the last minute in 2016 to Booker T. Washington. Their record against the top Dade County teams isn't good lately. And they lose a lot from 2018, but should be able to reload.

I'd say Prep would be favored by 4 at Aquinas and an underdog by 7 and 10 at Miami Central and Carol City, respectively. But it's early.

Lots of recruiting by the public schools down here. Kids make moves after sophomore and junior years. Sometimes it's the kid or the parent initiating the move, although most people don't want to believe that.

Yeah St. Thomas Aquinas has been off some but good enough to destroy DeMatha last year and get to Lakeland who beat em. And it seems Central is always there and Northwestern....Booker T almost always as well. I haven't lived in the area for years but those are constants it seems.
Tell me about recruiting/transferring! Up to two years ago I still had one bouncing between Dwyer (broke leg) and Wellington....and another further south around Cutler Ridge at Southridge, and below Perrine/Goulds at South Dade HS. Hard keeping track where they were. It's been a while but coming to Jupiter in a few months for the last Marine in the family being discharged, either Quantico or Parris. Quite a young man.
If Hawks stay healthy I don't think anyone in PA will beat them, leaving it pretty much up to Marietta, St. Johns or IMG. But a new coach even from within is always a wildcard.
I might have to take STA at home with pts vs Hawks. Ha!

Yeah St. Thomas Aquinas has been off some but good enough to destroy DeMatha last year and get to Lakeland who beat em. And it seems Central is always there and Northwestern....Booker T almost always as well. I haven't lived in the area for years but those are constants it seems.
Tell me about recruiting/transferring! Up to two years ago I still had one bouncing between Dwyer (broke leg) and Wellington....and another further south around Cutler Ridge at Southridge, and below Perrine/Goulds at South Dade HS. Hard keeping track where they were. It's been a while but coming to Jupiter in a few months for the last Marine in the family being discharged, either Quantico or Parris. Quite a young man.
If Hawks stay healthy I don't think anyone in PA will beat them, leaving it pretty much up to Marietta, St. Johns or IMG. But a new coach even from within is always a wildcard.
I might have to take STA at home with pts vs Hawks. Ha!
You're right Aquinas looked real good against DeMatha. And they played well against Miami Central for a while. Truth is that the Dade kids are so much tougher than the Broward kids, in general.

Thank that young man for his service.

Maybe the SJP -4 spread over Aquinas is showing my bias, but Aquinas has had QB issues and has not been well coached since George Smith retired to be the AD. Plus they lose their good RB Carter to Pitt.

Sorry to turn this into a Florida football board, but the talent down here is overwhelming. Lemming recently had his Broward/Dade photo/interview session at Coral Gables HS and we probably had 75 D-1 kids. Carol City brought 20 kids, and at least 10 are D-1 kids, including a 300 lb. freshman OT who is going to be special. In the class of 2021, Broward/Dade have 7 of the top 50 kids. Best overall player is James Williams who plays for American Heritage-Plantation. 6-4, 215 lb. safety who is a class of 2021 player who hits very hard and covers well for a guy his size. Will probably end up a LB or maybe even DE.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT