ADVERTISEMENT

SJP - 37 PHS - 7 final

JBinPA

Nov 13, 2010
PHS - I don't think their' offense will win this game; not the offense they've run so far. It makes 2013 Neshaminy look dynamic.

SJP - if PHS makes Clements beat them, PHS has a chance.

This post was edited on 12/6 3:04 PM by JBinPA

Re: SJP - 13 PHS - 0 mid 2nd

Prep doesn't even need to throw the ball in this one.

This post was edited on 12/6 1:39 PM by JBinPA

Re: SJP - 19 PHS - 0 mid 2nd

Getting ready for another PHS fumble ....

This post was edited on 12/6 1:48 PM by JBinPA

Re: SJP - 19 PHS - 0 mid 2nd

Can't give a good team the ball 3 straight times like that. Falcons looked good until the fumbles began.

Re: SJP - 27 PHS - late 2nd

No fumble but no defense.

Scary thing is SJP best player is sipping hot cocoa on the sideline!

This post was edited on 12/6 2:02 PM by JBinPA

There were some posts earlier this year saying that 2014 Pennsbury matches up with 2006 Pennsbury which I thought was crazy. It's not a put down, just a touch of reality. I think 2006 would dominate this years team a lot like St Joe's in this game. 2006 Pennsbury vs 2014 St Joe's would've been a good game. Definately would be a good matchup on size and strength.

Any chance Reid will play next week?

I think this year shows overall how weak the public schools have gotten over the last 5-years or so.

We may see a running clock a few minutes into the second half. I haven't seen the teams out West this year, but looks like the Prep has enough weapons all over the field to get it done again.

With a Prep win today that means that D1 and the PCL have split the last 4 meetings. The more alarming stat for me is that D1 hasn't won a championship in 11 years.

You may be right about '06, but the Liberty team who beat Pennsbury got blown out in Hershey by Upper St Clair 47-13.

Or you could say that the PCL have won four of the last six.

34-0

Say good night.

Wonder if Prep kicked the XP because they Didn't want the running clock so they could tack on a 40 spot?

Not even close.

Very true! The most accurate stat would be four of seven since joining the PIAA.

Re: SJP - 37 PHS - late 3rd

PHS still has their starters in and their starters are still fumbling!

Yeah that's crazy because Liberty & Pennsbury were both pretty good.

I'm not only talking about D-1, but I think the public state overall, at least in 4A. There was a long period of time there when D-1, D-7, and D-11 AAAA public schools were nationally ranked every year.

Whatever happened to Liberty? They haven't even been on the map for several years now.

In my opinion, the public decline began in 2008 which is the same year the Suburban One League changed the conferences based on geography instead of population. Not that it had anything to do with the decline, just a total coincidence. If I had to pick a year, I guess I'd pick 2008 with a slow but steady 6-year decline to 2014.

That's overall, too. I haven't seen them play, but I think Pine-Richland vs St Joe's should be a decent game that I'll definately tune into.

Great season Pennsbury and let the bitching begin about Catholic Schools

Nice season P-burry and you captured the D1 title. As 71 Skins said to me you have a great basketball team and can look forward to a good season. Hopefully the board won't be littered by negative posts about St Joes win! Congrats Prep!

Re: SJP - 37 PHS 7 - final

Nice score against SJP 2nd and 3rd stringers; 37-7

This post was edited on 12/6 3:05 PM by JBinPA

Re: Great season Pennsbury and let the bitching begin about Catholic Schools

don't complain about the PCL, it's D1, As I have been saying D1 football has never been worse!

The announcers had no problem complaining about it.

Re: SJP - 37 PHS 7 - final

Remind me again, JB. What was the last Prep-LaSalle score?

Fb107 is correct. A little class, please. The players on all 3 played their hearts out.

Heck of a season pennsbury. Nothing to hang your head on. Way to represent the SOL and D-1. Good job men.

Shoe - I'm a PCL supporter. PCL as a whole is by far the best league in Eastern PA. Chesmont and SOL are pretty good but not on the same level as PCL.

One gave a legit point about the Prep being a great school FIRST.....The other was a little saucey, but overall they did a real nice job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT