ADVERTISEMENT

Sites and times next week

They should definitely move Palisades v Egan to a Bucks County field (must be a bunch of places still available - War Memorial or Tennent or something).

I know somebody else mentioned this too (probably have a better crowd if more local).

Last edited:
I mean no disrespect to the PCL brethren, however, Why would Parkland or WVW agree to play on Saturday? Clearly it is D11/D2 year to host based on locations... those teams play Friday nights ALL year long. Why the Saturday game? If it’s D12’s year to host, I get it. If I was Parkland, no way do I agree to a Saturday game. FWIW....

I mean no disrespect to the PCL brethren, however, Why would Parkland or WVW agree to play on Saturday? Clearly it is D11/D2 year to host based on locations... those teams play Friday nights ALL year long. Why the Saturday game? If it’s D12’s year to host, I get it. If I was Parkland, no way do I agree to a Saturday game. FWIW....
Since 2008 the game has always been played on a Saturday wherever it has been played. A Friday night game makes sense if both teams are local, but a Friday night game when the teams are an hour and half from each other means that one team has to miss half a day of school. It's also harder for anyone supporting the visiting school to start the trip in Friday rush hour traffic.

The PIAA has been pretty consistent over the years splitting the games up between Friday and Saturday. This week there are 12 Friday games and 11 on Saturday. At least schools are closed this Friday so getting to the games will be more manageable.

The 6A east final is almost always on a Saturday. The only exceptions I recall were LaSalle-Coatesville in 2012 and Parkland-North Penn in 2002.

The PIAA has been pretty consistent over the years splitting the games up between Friday and Saturday. This week there are 12 Friday games and 11 on Saturday. At least schools are closed this Friday so getting to the games will be more manageable.

The 6A east final is almost always on a Saturday. The only exceptions I recall were LaSalle-Coatesville in 2012 and Parkland-North Penn in 2002.

Also, the 6A title is on a Saturday. I think they like to keep the week between games thing in play when possible.

Not sure if the D-1 winner versis SJP/PARK winner will be on a Friday. A few years back LaSalle did play Coatesville on Friday night, but that might have been a special circumstances with LS having some sort of important function on Saturday.

All good points plus add in Black Friday traffic. Saturday is way to go. I think the 7 day spread starts next round. Example 5A East final will be Friday night to align with Hershey schedule.

Last edited:
All good points plus add in Black Friday traffic. Saturday is way to go. I think the 7 day spread starts next round. Example East final will be Friday night to align with Hershey schedule.

I forgot that there's no school on Friday but there sure will be traffic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT