ADVERTISEMENT

SE Pennsylvania POY

vucat1

Feb 5, 2003
Getting about that time of year to name a SE PA POY. I’m going with Trey Blair. Have you guys seen his Hudl tape, it’s seriously ridiculous.
I like the fact that he never comes off the field instead of only one way player, hence POY. Know argument that CL is soft (and that’s hard to counter) but a lot of highlights against Downingtowns and SF in there.
McCord and Ortega have to be on the list too but both were out a few games (know that’s not their fault- just a fact). Anybody else on the list??

Trey Blair is quite possibly the most underrated/under recruited player in the history of this area

Last edited:
Reactions: vucat1
No question with Dapree Bryant. He was impactful on every game both sides of ball either catching touchdowns or running several interceptions back in the playoffs. He plays in the best District 1 league by far and other than DWest (which his team beat once) his team went the furthest. Trey Blair is a great player but not quite the accomplishments or schedule of Coatesville. BTW.. when we think of the Central.. it’s not just Garnett Valley.. it’s Haverford too!

Reactions: vucat1 and Stalker
What is the crazier scenario surrounding Trey Blair? First that no power five schools offered him over the summer and more specifically Penn St didn’t recruit him.

Or the fact that a program that runs a spread offense would only line him up at QB for one year. If he played QB in that league for three or even four years he would have every Delco record there is and be a way more high profile recruit. Once he got comfortable he was amazing as evidenced by the tape.

Reactions: Stalker and vucat1
I would be shocked if THAT tape got out and he didn't get Power 5 offers in the late winter, early spring period. No offense to Buffalo. But I think hes better than just a MAC player

I would be shocked if THAT tape got out and he didn't get Power 5 offers in the late winter, early spring period. No offense to Buffalo. But I think hes better than just a MAC player
Agree. It will be interesting to see if he signs his NLI in December or elects to keep recruitment open til February. Gotta believe there are a lot of coaches calling after the last three games of his season.

Newport: what do you consider "underated". He was voted All -Delco last year, will most certainly be Delco POY and most likely SEPA POY, and already verbaled to a D1 school that has a chance to play in a post season bowl, and will most likely reopen his recruiting with the possbilty of going even bigger D1. Seems he is getting more than his share of recognition-well deserved recognition I might add.

Trey Blair was the most dynamic player I saw this season. Fastest kid in pads I've seen in a long while, maybe ever...with a toughness that arm tackles won't bring him down.

Just watched his film. Phenomenal athlete, combo of power and speed. I have to agree and best I have seen in a while. His tape to me is more explosive than Gateway's Derick Davis. Davis has offers from Alabama, LSU, Florida, etc...

Reactions: coverandmove1
Not sure about reopening recruitment at this point. He reports to campus up there in about 40 days. I think people say underrated they probably mean under recruited or under the radar. If you weren't from Delco I'm not sure he was a kid that everyone thought of as a big time talent.

I've been around it a long time. He's the most dynamic kid from Delco I've seen since Kevin Jones. I'm biased because I watched him a lot but comparison to me were Kevin Jones/Mark Jones type talent. They were both recruited by everyone in country. This kid no power 5 offers. Most under recruited kid I've ever seen in Delco. Again if he had played QB earlier and had ball in his hands as many times as he did this year he's a big time recruit because it's absolutely undeniable. The improvement from game 1 to game 13 this year is astronomical.

Likely going to be in secondary at next level but I'm not convinced that with some big time coaching he couldn't become an absolute terror as a spread QB. Probably not tall enough but has a very good arm. The Kyler Murrays of the world changed that game. Then again the pool gets deeper and deeper at next level with so many great players. I think if he's healthy he's going to have a very good Saturday career.

Reactions: vucat1
Speed,
Underrated as far as big time offers go. I think he could be a difference maker at a Power 5 school as a slot receiver or DB. I know the accolades are there. With many many more on the way. It just seems odd to me that Buffalo is his "best offer" right now. Not taking a shot at Buffalo, but I think his level of play is above the MAC

College coaches get it wrong all the time. Buffalo recruiting some really good local kids. If it was my son, I'd have him sign. The power five schools know who he is. He needs to take care of himself and Buffalo loves him, so Buffalo it is. Great film. As is the film from Williams from SCHA if I posted it here you'd all be saying same thing he is above the Kent State commitment he made. His film is outrageous. Is what it is fellas. Here it is

College coaches get it wrong all the time. Buffalo recruiting some really good local kids. If it was my son, I'd have him sign. The power five schools know who he is. He needs to take care of himself and Buffalo loves him, so Buffalo it is. Great film. As is the film from Williams from SCHA if I posted it here you'd all be saying same thing he is above the Kent State commitment he made. His film is outrageous. Is what it is fellas. Here it is
Nothing not to like about Buffalo except the weather. Kolbe Burrell and Lonnie Rice will join him there.

Reactions: Soup13
Hes now committed to Wake Forest

Wake is a great campus. Good for him. Well Wake didn't get it wrong. Hope it's a great fit!

They are talking about Ke’Shawn Williams from SCH. He decommited from Kent St to Wake.

A lot of schools asking about Blair now. As of right now he’s sticking with Buffalo.

Trey Blair was the most dynamic player I saw this season. Fastest kid in pads I've seen in a long while, maybe ever...with a toughness that arm tackles won't bring him down.

How fast is he? 4.5 or 4.4? If he wanted bigger offers, its surprising he didn't go to any camps (e.g. Rivals).

As we all expected- trey Blair has decided to decommit from buffalo. Any insight where he may land? My guess is Notre Dame.

As we all expected- trey Blair has decided to decommit from buffalo. Any insight where he may land? My guess is Notre Dame.

PSU or Temple should grab this guy! Not sure ND is looking at this guy and they are already stocked high w higher starred prospects.

He can 1000% play and make an impact at a program like Penn State tho. Either in the secondary or as a matchup nightmare as a slot receiver

If there were a PA High School football draft id take Blair 1st overall honestly. He’s the best player on the field in any game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT