ADVERTISEMENT

Scrimmages

Wayne Hills @ C.B.South, Wayne Hills was small & athletic,South bigger & not as athletic. Neither team ran the ball very well and passed most of the scrimmage. Evenly matched both will be 500 teams.

Roman has size, talent and some speed. Right now they have a little lack of discipline (off side on defense often) and many turnovers that they have to clean up to be effective this year.
BSHS looked better prepared and ready to start the season.

PW @ CR North- when it was 1s vs 1s PW scored 3x. North didn’t score.

Truman battled tough with a good Northeast team.

I was at the Hatboro-Horsham/Bartram scrimmage Saturday morning, but mostly because it's not far from work and I was able to sneak out for an hour or so. I counted roughly 50 kids on the HH sideline, and I think that's a decent number for a program that's been down for quite some time. Schmidt seemed to be in mid-season form. He certainly had the kid's attention. HH is very small with a few big kids in the right spots. The two QBs looked to be two of the smaller kids on the field.
Bartram had about 30 kids on their sideline. Plenty of athletes, but only a few football players. Their QB could sling it a little, but rarely had time and not terribly accurate.

watched archbishop ryan play seton hall prep from nj.ryan looked small,confused and lacked ay fight

I did not attend but just spoke to a player/family friend and DEast handled Garnet Valley pretty well scoring almost a handful of tds. I realize it’s a scrimmage and expect both teams to be towards top of D1 6A.

Easton Rover... Report on Coatesville at Easton? Coatesville lost its running back and most of line both sides. They always seem to reload but repeating for district champs could be a stretch.

Easton Rover... Report on Coatesville at Easton? Coatesville lost its running back and most of line both sides. They always seem to reload but repeating for district champs could be a stretch.

With Ortega back at QB and Bryant at WR, they will have the 2 best skill guys on one team in District 1. They have more speed than they know what to do with coming back and a very good sophomore class from what I've heard. They will be just fine. The tough part could be a rematch in the playoffs with either of the Downingtown's.

Anyone see LaSalle vs Neshaminy?

Both coaches did plenty of liberal substitutions throughout scrimmage (stayed for ~2 hrs, missed last segment). Which is how scrimmages are supposed to be run, evaluating talent, scoreboard need not apply. I understand Nesh held some starters out d/t injury, LS had 6 Sr.'s out with "dings". both squads should be "healthy" for openers.

1st drive.. Nesh QB looked slick, moved ball with pass/rush effectively to LS redzone as 10 plays expired. Nesh QB good looking athlete with some swag!! (had him at Safety/DB as well on some rotations).
LS seemed to enjoy better of the play during the middle/later segments, scoring on 3 occasions... really wasn't paying attention to what Nesh personnel were on the field during those scores.

Spirited contest with a lot of hustle both sides... the way it should be, AND CLEAN PLAY!!! (at least while I was there!)

Wizard of Wyndmoor was in attendance, if he's reading this, I'm sure he could provide a much more detailed analysis of the proceedings, he was actually paying attention and fully engaged!... we were mostly conversing amongst friends but enjoying the afternoon out watching the boys..

Last edited:
Both coaches did plenty of liberal substitutions throughout scrimmage (stayed for ~2 hrs, missed last segment). Which is how scrimmages are supposed to be run, evaluating talent, scoreboard need not apply. I understand Nesh held some starters out d/t injury, LS had 6 Sr.'s out with "dings". both squads should be "healthy" for openers.

1st drive.. Nesh QB looked slick, moved ball with pass/rush effectively to LS redzone as 10 plays expired. Nesh QB good looking athlete with some swag!! (had him at Safety/DB as well on some rotations).
LS seemed to enjoy better of the play during the middle/later segments, scoring on 3 occasions... really wasn't paying attention to what Nesh personnel were on the field during those scores.

Spirited contest with a lot of hustle both sides... the way it should be, AND CLEAN PLAY!!! (at least while I was there!)

Wizard of Wyndmoor was in attendance, if he's reading this, I'm sure he could provide a much more detailed analysis of the proceedings, he was actually paying attention and fully engaged!... we were mostly conversing amongst friends but enjoying the afternoon out watching the boys..

Based on this scrimmage, I felt that La Salle is well prepared for the season. They did score 4 times in the "live" portion of the scrimmage, and kept Neshaminy from scoring (at least till I left). Neshaminy looked good and well-prepared, but La Salle looked better, with a really good defensive front 7, and the O-line performed well as a unit. The LS running backs excelled, and some were held out due to dings. And the senior QB looks ready to lead.

La Salle has the exact same schedule sequence this year as 2018, when they went 5-6, for their first losing season since 2007. Their 6 losses came to teams (Imhotep, North Penn, Malvern Prep, Archbishop Wood, and St. Joseph's Prep) that went a cumulative 58-8 last year. I think that La Salle reverses the outcome for a few of those games this season.

Great info as usual WoW....

That is what I expected....My guess is Lasalle is favorite against all those teams except Prep this year...MP lost a lot, NP avg, Wood way down...TEP we will see...but have to play the games.

BTW....The best swag is no swag......

Reactions: yesman3 and Soup13
Great info as usual WoW....

That is what I expected....My guess is Lasalle is favorite against all those teams except Prep this year...MP lost a lot, NP avg, Wood way down...TEP we will see...but have to play the games.

BTW....The best swag is no swag......

DCSOL,
I agree with you..

I meant it in a good way though, the Neshaminy QB looks like a really fine athlete, those guys just have a natural “swag”... there was no arrogance about him.

No word on the North Penn scrimmage. I know the lost 3 projected starters before camp began.

Was out of the country until yesterday - trying to get reports myself. Saw a couple clips of Easton where Adams looked really good running the football and word is that was representative of the day. Quarterbacks still rotating for the Rovers, but the offensive line sounds like a strength (320-250-290-215-245 across with the left tackle going to Delaware and the left guard and center both 6’3 juniors who will get looks) and they had a nice day against Coatesville. Red Raiders only played Ortega a series, so can’t tell a ton about their real offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT