ADVERTISEMENT

Scrimmages

chuvalo

Aug 29, 2008
Please post any scrimmages you know about as the season approaches. Thanks. I am officially retired & will go to any & all scrimmages----- with a folding chair of course.

Please post any scrimmages you know about as the season approaches. Thanks. I am officially retired & will go to any & all scrimmages----- with a folding chair of course.
Easternpafootball.com has a list of scrimmages

Thought I would bump this up.

Does anyone know why CR-North is now scrimmaging Haverford High and not Pennridge. The Pennridge web site says they are having a green-white scrimmage. That seems odd they would scrimmage each other and not an opposing school.

Thought I would bump this up.

Does anyone know why CR-North is now scrimmaging Haverford High and not Pennridge. The Pennridge web site says they are having a green-white scrimmage. That seems odd they would scrimmage each other and not an opposing school.

R,
I heard they're honoring Roger Dean at half-time.. ;)

Igor

Pennridge did not meet the number heat acclimation days and practices days set by PIAA in order to have a scrimmage by tomorrow.

Pennridge failed to meet the Heat Acclimation requirements and their scrimmage was taken from them.

Isnt that kind of coaching malpractice?

There is no rule that you have to play two scrimmages. With that said, if an agreement to play a scrimmage is in place then you'd think the teams would honor such agreement. Thus, making sure all their ducks were lined up.

Hick

My point wasn't that they had to have two scrimmages. But if they were forced to cancel one simply because they didn't put the mandatory hours in or they miscalculated the hours , then someone screwed up. Teams are allowed to,use the week leading up to August 17 for heat acclimation so no real reason not to do it

Surprised I haven't seen anything on Wood-Pennsbury. I was told that Wood really took it to them, 28-0 at half and Russo was flawless.

Surprised I haven't seen anything on Wood-Pennsbury. I was told that Wood really took it to them, 28-0 at half and Russo was flawless.

I was there and left at halftime. I was expecting a competitive contest. Wood looked very good, and Pennsbury looked very bad. Wood dominated in every phase of the game, running off large chunks of yardage. Russo did not pass that often but when he did he was flawless -- short and long. Pennsbury kept running the ball and, except for an occasional first down, got no where. The Pennsbury QB looked frustrated on the sideline speaking to the coaches.

Reactions: lilromeo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT