ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday scrimmages

lilromeo

Gold Member
Apr 14, 2014
Anyone heading to a scrimmage Saturday ? Im going to CB West/Parkland/Souderton tri scrimmage.

Reactions: bucksftball
Any scrimmage reports? Unfortunately I wasn’t able to attend any today, but I’m looking forward to everyone’s report.

Pennsbury looked fairly solid against Neumann-Goretti. No scoring during 10-plays-each. Traded TD's with sticks, plus new PHS kicker nailed a mid-range FG. FB Mulbah scored on short roll-out pass in flat from returning starter QB McGurrin. Mulbah got good dose of work and looked strong, but WBs also contributed in newly re-installed Wing-T. McGurrin was accurate on short passing game. OL looked stout if not large; bigger than last year anyway. DL still small - NG's OTs towered over Falcons DL. D gave up a few longer runs and one deep ball down sideline. Expect Snyder to possess FB as long as possible. Guys I talked to all thought it was good showing and confidence builder for PHS. Now on to Coatesville.

Lebo v PR

good vs bad

ugh, lotta problems for PR, looks like Lebo is reloading and will maybe be good

Reactions: new2pa
Does anyone from Ridley have anything to report from their scrimmage? Garnet Valley?

NP offense will be hard to slow for the sub1 schools. They have some play makers.

Defense is another story. Wyo for the most part ran all over them. Wyo passing attack was nothing special so DBs weren’t challenged. But tackling has to get better. D line has no size.

Lebo v PR

good vs bad

ugh, lotta problems for PR, looks like Lebo is reloading and will maybe be good
What are the problems for P-R? Also, the team they're playing next week, Pickerington North, won 53-0 last night.

What are the problems for P-R? Also, the team they're playing next week, Pickerington North, won 53-0 last night.
well that the first problem for PR, we are playing a team next wk that won 53-0!!

QB is shaky, defense is shaky, several injuries, not healthy- curious to hear others' input who follow PR?

well that the first problem for PR, we are playing a team next wk that won 53-0!!

QB is shaky, defense is shaky, several injuries, not healthy- curious to hear others' input who follow PR?
I was pleasantly surprised by lebo’s performance. I think wpial 6A will be a battle.

PR had a nice methodical drive that was ~20 plays long. Unfortunately they also had many turnovers. They just have to get used to a new system I’m guessing

Last edited:
Anyone heading to a scrimmage Saturday ? Im going to CB West/Parkland/Souderton tri scrimmage.
It was difficult to assess the teams due to the 8 play and switch routine utilized ,but West needs to do fix some things defensively or garnett Valley will dominate them. Wests offense had some positive plays with Cooper throwing a 45 yard perfect ball for a TD. Eli Bohne did not suit up due to an injury but is expected to play next week. Souderton scored on West with a long run. They have a few very good athletes who can move the ball. Their numbers appear to be down. Parkland had a large number of players and IMO had the best overall showing. Good size, solid QB play and moved the ball well.As a side not West has a Soph.Rb who is small but runs tough with good balance.

I mostly heard same things about PR. Can’t throw the ball very well, mostly very quickly. Ran the ball OK overall, but it took a while. Lebo was very physical. Palmeiri is 90% of the offense. Not many threats.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT