ADVERTISEMENT

Santiago to Tennent from Wood

DCSOL

Dec 22, 2017
Tennent may now have the best RB in the SOL, don't care what their line is, he runs hard. If he can stay healthy and they use him right look out.....

Wood will be down even more after losing very large senior class, Bishop, Colyar, Urbanowski, Gross, Cook, Otto's, etc

Tennent may now have the best RB in the SOL, don't care what their line is, he runs hard. If he can stay healthy and they use him right look out.....

Wood will be down even more after losing very large senior class, Bishop, Colyar, Urbanowski, Gross, Cook, Otto's, etc
Wood will have a tough time this year and I wouldn't be surprised if they have a losing season. Any reason given why Santiago transferred ?

Unless he can get a hardship waiver from PIAA, he will be ineligible for playoffs based on the new transfer rules. It will be interesting to see how it plays out considering this is the first round of transfer appeals under the new system.

Obviously they lost a ton, and he has been to 3/4 HS already...Has friends at WT

I'm pretty sure he came to Wood from Tennent based on the complaints I heard from friends with kids in the Tennent program. Maybe, like DCSOL said, he just wanted to be with his friends. That said, even with all Wood's losses, 2-28 is not a better situation. Maybe we just give him credit for doing what he wants.

From what I was told by some AD’s is the only way a kid going from private to public can be eligible for postseason is if it is determined a hardship. Not sure if a hardship is only limited to financial or if there is other aspects that can be seen as hardships.

Santiago was at Ryan as a freshman, then WT, then Wood, and now back to WT.

Public to private , private to public , it makes no difference. The rule is the same. It also has the potential to open up a huge can of worms. Let’s just say - hypothetically- that the kid says he could no longer afford the tuition at Wood . The PIAA could theoretically look into what the tuition was during his junior year , was he given a break on the tuition ( or a scholarship, etc ) , and similar inquiries into Wood , but not WT . I’m not sure the private schools are ready to be scrutinized like this - even if it’s all on the up and up. Prior to the new rule , Wood could just sign off on the transfer and be done with it .

Hmmmm, so wood for years get slammed for recruiting players and giving "scholarships" or tuition reduction etc. Then their star running back who had a great junior year, can't come back due to a family health issue and financial issues. And Wood does nothing? Really? That paints Wood coaches and admin in a pretty bad light....I have no idea what the story is, but hard to believe Wood community would let this be the reason.......

Reactions: lilromeo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT