ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan?

tulla

Oct 27, 2004
I saw that SJP is looking for a game in October because of a cancellation. I'm guessing Ryan has dropped from the Red to the Blue division. Can anyone confirm?

I saw that SJP is looking for a game in October because of a cancellation. I'm guessing Ryan has dropped from the Red to the Blue division. Can anyone confirm?

Yes, Ryan is now in the smaller division. I don't think it was a cancellation, tho. Not sure Ryan was ever on their schedule this year. However, with divisions of 9 (Blue) and 5 (Red) there will be a bye week for each team at some point once league play begins. The Blue Division will only get one N-L game to start the season. Then, each team will have to find a game (If they choose) to fill in their bye week. The Red division could have 5 N-L games, plus a bye week. SJP has only been playing 8 RS games recently, so they may not even want a bye week game.

Ryan is not on the schedule this season due to the move to the blue division. The cancellation was a team from New York - New Rochelle, I believe. I’m told that the now built-in coronavirus excuse is the official reason, but word on the bricks is that they took stock of what they had coming back, compared that to Prep and decided to bail. Second hand info, but that’s what I’m hearing. Texas game is still a go as of now, but clearly that could change. More than likely the hole in the schedule will be filled by a north Jersey team or someone from the DC area. Many of those teams may be facing OOS cancellations as well. I can’t see any team from PA stepping up to play them voluntarily, unless maybe it’s a non-PIAA squad like Malvern Prep. And that should be a scheduled game every season anyway. Still a long way to go, but SE PA moving to yellow phase on June 5th is hopefully a light at the end of the tunnel.

On a separate note, the East-West and Big 33 all-star games should have been played this weekend. As disappointing as it is for those guys, I told my son to keep it in perspective. He’s giving up a football game on a day honoring those who gave everything. Give some thanks, have some fun, and stay safe out there, everybody.

SJP reached out to Malvern. They declined. Not sure if schedule was full or wanted no parts of that game. Don Bosco is now scheduled, home and home. This year up there. That's week after Texas game

Reactions: lilromeo
Bummer that Malvern passed, regardless of the reason. Bosco will be a great matchup. I also heard that Prep has scheduled a squad from Alabama called USA Academy. Apparently it’s a first year school looking to mirror the IMG model. That should be interesting to keep an eye on as well. Always cool to see the Hawks take on teams from anywhere and everywhere.

SJP reached out to Malvern. They declined. Not sure if schedule was full or wanted no parts of that game. Don Bosco is now scheduled, home and home. This year up there. That's week after Texas game
Is the game at St. John's (DC) still on? And any idea of why Hart left the Prep to go to St.John's as AD?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT