ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan/Judge battle of the Northeast

lilromeo

Gold Member
Apr 14, 2014
Next to the Wood/Prep game this weekend this will be a close second. Both of these two clubs have improved a great deal and this one is sure to be a war. Ryans RB is having an all Catholic year thus far, as is Judges King.

Reactions: Mddlefnger215
Should be a good one at Charles Martin Stadium at NEHS on Saturday night. Both teams are very talented on both sides of the ball. Here's to the action staying on the field and not the surrounding neighborhood.

Next to the Wood/Prep game this weekend this will be a close second. Both of these two clubs have improved a great deal and this one is sure to be a war. Ryans RB is having an all Catholic year thus far, as is Judges King.
Judge has to stop Ryan's ground game to stand a chance or else Ryan will control the clock and most likely the game. Ryan needs to contain King, plain & simple. If King gets on the perimeter he's going to cause major headaches for Ryan's D & will absolutely make plays. Whoever wins the LOS battle & can force the other team out of their gameplan & strength will most likely win, turnovers could be a HUGE factor too. Should be a great game. I see Ryan winning up front and winning the game 28-20

Reactions: lilromeo
Judge has a difference maker if King can get him the ball as does Ryan.Both teams are balanced the same at certain positions but mental mistakes will be difference in this game at this point can't decide a winner but it will be close

Ryan's combined opponent’s record this season 1-8

Judges combined opponent record this year 1-4

2-12 COMBINED, they shouldn't be ranked 16th & 12th Rick there schedule is weak.

The 'Sades rolled Ryan which was unexpected. The final score was no where near reflective of the actual play on the field. Judge put the game away early as King, Smith and Gies came to play. The game was well attended and both schools probably made their money for the year with ticket sales, concessions and school gear. The visitor's side at NEHS was overflowed and standing room only along the fence. The home side, which is much bigger, was not overflowed but very crowded. There was a line down Summerdale Ave to get into the Judge side causing many not to get in until well after the game started and therefore missing the early game fireworks the Judge O put on. In the second half, there was a Ryan streaker (down to his boxers) who ran past the visiting side with his hand up in the air with a middle finger protruding up exchanging pleasantries. He was dealt with by school officials as he ran toward the home side to get his accolades and ovation. I'm quite certain the fine young man will miss some school involuntarily. Back to the gridiron as the Raiders will host LaSalle on Sat night at NEHS at 7PM. Meanwhile Judge will host Chestnut Hill on Sat at 1PM at NEHS before hosting the "Splorers the following Sat 10/01 at 7PM at NEHS. I realistically think Judge can go 2-0 during this stretch if they can take care of the ball and play penalty free football something they were not able to do vs Ryan despite the big win.

I was totally shocked on how bad Ryan is, they looked like a pub school team (Minus TEP) there sideline was very very thin. Also they cancelled there JV today vs LaSalle because of no numbers... Not good

How bad is LC they got shut out by Ryan 35-0?

I was totally shocked on how bad Ryan is, they looked like a pub school team (Minus TEP) there sideline was very very thin. Also they cancelled there JV today vs LaSalle because of no numbers... Not good

How bad is LC they got shut out by Ryan 35-0?
I'm really surprised at your observation on numbers at Ryan. I thought their program was better than that.

I will not bash a coach especially on a public forum and as a parent yes the numbers are down over there and I know there trying with the whole recruiting thing but losing your own neighborhood kids and grabbing the leftovers no one else wants is not good for the program.like I said there at the bottom when it comes to recruiting and I know the head coach has good intentions but at the same time the local kids are more important at This point

Just a note i wasn't bashing, was just observant from what i saw. I think the HC at Ryan is a great coach you can only coach with what talent you have, its not his fault kids are not playing or going elsewhere.

Just a note i wasn't bashing, was just observant from what i saw. I think the HC at Ryan is a great coach you can only coach with what talent you have, its not his fault kids are not playing or going elsewhere.
I was referring to myself not bashing like I said it starts with getting the local kids then work around it.

I'm pretty sure Ryan had multiple guys out and a few others that got hurt during the game, including the QB and back-up RB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT