ADVERTISEMENT

Rustin Vs. CVille

This game may be competitive until the mid part of the second quarter. This could provide Coatesville an opportunity to stretch themselves out before next week against DWest.

Rustin is not a bad football team and just speed a very good Pennwood team last week. Coatesville cannot look past them as Rustin is just as good as Cumberland Valley in my opinion, but with more speed.
Downingtown East and Downingtown West are extremely good football teams. Just as good if not better than North Penn and Garnet Valley. Coatesville have to be on there a game versus both of those teams if they want to 3-peat in the Ches-mont this year.

Thanks for the insight IA. Is the game worth going to? Or will the starters be out by half?

I mean I think there are some other good games around the area like Springfield vs Garnet Valley. Would also like to see if Avon Grove can run the ball on DWest like it did last year. North Penn vs. CR South could be interesting. Yeah I think Rustin vs. Coatesville will be closer then people think.

I mean I think there are some other good games around the area like Springfield vs Garnet Valley. Would also like to see if Avon Grove can run the ball on DWest like it did last year. North Penn vs. CR South could be interesting. Yeah I think Rustin vs. Coatesville will be closer then people think.

Without Kevin Francis, AG doesn't have the same type of running game to make it interesting. I would love to see Springfield take out GV this week, just to help Coatesville's chances of moving past them for seeding.

Rustin is not a bad football team and just speed a very good Pennwood team last week. Coatesville cannot look past them as Rustin is just as good as Cumberland Valley in my opinion, but with more speed.
Downingtown East and Downingtown West are extremely good football teams. Just as good if not better than North Penn and Garnet Valley. Coatesville have to be on there a game versus both of those teams if they want to 3-peat in the Ches-mont this year.

Don't be decived by the CV/Coatesville score. That game was NEVER in doubt. Would have been 42-19 but they took a knee at the 1 on 3 straight plays to end the game. Coatesville didn't punt the whole game.

Did Springfield graduate a lot from last year? Is their RB back? I’ve seen GV once this year and they look like typical GV. I expect them to go deep into the playoffs (semis or championship), which has been the standard for them lately.

WCR is in big trouble tonight. CV will be too much.

I do agree with IA, D-East and D-West will give CV a game. It will all come down to CV's defense and coaching.

Last edited:
What are Avon Groves chances vs D-West? Could that be the upset alert of the night?

Rustin is a good team, but Coatesville is another level team. There are very few teams in D1 that can compete with them. I see the Coatesville starters playing the 1st half & maybe some into the 3Q but they'll handle Rustin. I saw Rustin play Penn Wood last week, and Rustin is good & showed they can compete with most 5A schools come November.

I don't see anyone challenging Cville this year. Everyone talks about their offense, but their defense is just as good (if not better) than their offensive unit.

King Chesco,
West has been having a field day passing against the defenses they have seen so far. IMO, they have too much for AG to contain. They will be looking at a whole different ballgame once they run into Cville.

I saw the game - very impressed with Bryant & Young, they're home run threats every time they touch the ball. Coatesville's OL is huge. Ricky Santiago is a load at OT & looked to have good footwork. The only vulnerabilities I saw is their receiving corps depth - lots of drops if it wasn't going to Bryant or Young and the middle of their D. They're smaller on D than they are on O, if a team is good at slamming between the tackles they could have some success & churn some clock. All that being said, it's going to be a reach for any 6-A team is District 1 to beat them.

Did Springfield graduate a lot from last year? Is their RB back? I’ve seen GV once this year and they look like typical GV. I expect them to go deep into the playoffs (semis or championship), which has been the standard for them lately.
They lost both lines to grad. The GV/Springfield game was a mud bowl. Neither team could do anything. Against other teams in the Central, Springfield would have done well in the mud. They should be use to their field. Hopefully, they get a turf field with the new hs they're supposed tom build.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT